OLD - DSDT Database Update: Gigabyte Socket 1155

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DSDT Database Update: Gigabyte Socket 1155 - H61/H67/P67/Z68

with latest dsdt sound not work :(

tonymacx86 said:
eliassorensen said:
Will there be a CustoMac setup for Sandy Bridge?

I guess that the release of these DSDT's means fully compatible Sandy Bridge builds?

Going to build my first Hackintosh ever this summer, I need an easy to setup and very stable build. So instead of buying the "old" CustoMac setup, would there be a chance of me setting up a SB build this summer? :)

Sandy Bridge Recommended CustoMac builds will be out after 10.6.8 hits. :thumbup:

That just sounds totally great!! Love this forum and the work you do.

The money I save buying the Sandy Bridge build versus the "old" i5 I had in mind (about $40) will be donated to you right after I've bought it! :)

tonymacx86 said:
eliassorensen said:
Will there be a CustoMac setup for Sandy Bridge?

I guess that the release of these DSDT's means fully compatible Sandy Bridge builds?

Going to build my first Hackintosh ever this summer, I need an easy to setup and very stable build. So instead of buying the "old" CustoMac setup, would there be a chance of me setting up a SB build this summer? :)

Sandy Bridge Recommended CustoMac builds will be out after 10.6.8 hits. :thumbup:

Great! I will also be building my first ever hack (and computer) this summer based on your CustoMac! Can't wait!!

Greetings all
Have noticed with new DSDT, Firewire 400 (as on my board) is listed in "About this mac" but says "cannot list connected devices" when it is connect to external drive initially, then eventually the drive after closing and reopening the About this mac. Disk won't mount when connected - doesn't appear in Disk Utilities.
When attempting to migrate from Time-machine disk -using migration assistant, just spins forever.
Machine hangs at blue screen if Hard booted with firewire attached and won't complete boot - no KP but.
Uh.............any suggestions gratefully received.

Attachments

• Firewire-About-this-mac.jpg
    Firewire-About-this-mac.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 309

Regarding the latest updates to the DSDT database for

GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 Rev 1.0 F4
GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 Rev 1.1 F4

I don't think the latest DSDT files for these have been fully patched.

Being new to this I could be wrong, however I have done a diff compare for these boards with the previous version of the DSDT files from the database, and am seeing some extensive and unexpected changes.

The conspicuous one is that the math coprocessor is still called COPR and hasn't been renamed to MATH.

Overall it looks like these were not generated with MaLdOn's Autopatcher like the last versions were. And it looks like a number of patches have been missed.

Can anyone confirm success with these DSDT files for these boards? Or can anyone comment on the completeness and accuracy of these files?

Hi Snerkle
Different Board to you.
I initially used Maldon's Autopatcher to generate my 1st DSDT = successful install of Snow Leopard. Had no sound, Didn't test much else. When using the DSDT listed for my board I immediately got sound = great.
Now I am wrestling with lack of Firewire & have discovered 2 of my USB ports don't seem to be working (Non extra power ones). I cannot say that thisis due to the listed DSDT as I had not tested without that first.
I am going to persevere with this DSDT for a bit trying to get everything working. If I make no progress over the next couple of days I'll revert to my own autopatching (and Bios twiddling according to Tonymacs blog technique for installing Snow Leopard) and see if installing various kexts can get the functionality I need.
Cheers

great :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh wow!!! I have a Hackintosh now. So happy!!!! The DSDT worked flawless for my motherboard. Everything works. Using an old video card but as soon as there is support for HD 6970 I am putting into the machine. Thanks a lot!!! :thumbup: This is so cool!! I am windows freee!!!! :headbang:

snerkle said:
Regarding the latest updates to the DSDT database for

GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 Rev 1.0 F4
GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 Rev 1.1 F4

I don't think the latest DSDT files for these have been fully patched.

Being new to this I could be wrong, however I have done a diff compare for these boards with the previous version of the DSDT files from the database, and am seeing some extensive and unexpected changes.

The conspicuous one is that the math coprocessor is still called COPR and hasn't been renamed to MATH.

Overall it looks like these were not generated with MaLdOn's Autopatcher like the last versions were. And it looks like a number of patches have been missed.

Can anyone confirm success with these DSDT files for these boards? Or can anyone comment on the completeness and accuracy of these files?
I guess you missed this in the OP "adding hand edited, verified DSDTs for all Gigabyte Socket 1155 motherboards.". The edits we are using are based on the work I did for Gigabyte LGA1156 and LGA1366 DSDT edits. We have verified these edits on numerous Gigabyte LGA1155 systems and they are the minimum required edits to have a fully functional system. Renaming COPR to MATH is a purely cosmetic change that I guess we can consider adding in future updates.

Guys noob question,

what do you mean by SB Build are you guys referring to Sandy Bridge?

ikhan42

Paul said:
Is there going to be a SB build by Tony soon? I'm looking to buy my 4th hackintosh, i need to choose compatible SB components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back