Contribute
Register

Old Dog/New Tricks: Using HD4000 for Your Pro Audio/DAW Builds

Thanks for the input regarding the monitors and use of Thunderbolt.
Again, i have to say that it is very strange that the only option for me to have 2 monitors reolsuting 1080p is if both are connected via TB adapters. 1x DVi and the other HDMi.
NO OTHER options works.
Believe me, i have tried:(

I wonder what i am doing wrong? with the installation?
Perhaps it has somethign to do with th efact, that when installing unibeast, i had to use the '-x -v' step to boon in safe mood, prior to run mutibeast?

Again, I'm not sure how much help I can provide here. I have MDP Cinema Display in the studio and only use single monitor setup there. It works successfully for me, regardless of which MDP/Thunderbolt port I use.

When I initially did my build, I did all my assembly & install/config in my home office (not in the studio). I have an LG LED display 1080p. I initially tried to use MDP > DVI connector into either of the TB ports, but never got any success with video. So I simply used the mobo's DVI port when I did the install/config, then when I got the build done & installed in the studio, connected my Cinema Display & it fired up right away.

I find it odd that you cannot get 1080p on both monitors when one is connected via DVI and 1 connected via HDMI. In fact, you should be able to get better than 1080p on the DVI connection (as long as your monitor supports it). I'm pretty sure that the HDMI/chipset is only HDMI 1.3; the newer gen motherboards/chipsets now support much higher rez via HDMI (as it's HDMI 1.4).

Back