Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there all.

I have been browsing over this forum for quite some time now. After having a failed hackintosh experience (last time I got to the apple logo and no further) I have decided to try again, since having new hardware.

Ive gone sandy bridge now, which I understand is one of the best options to go for.

My hardware is...

Intel i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68-V
6GB DDR3
64GB SSD (crucial C300)

Nvidia GTX480

or I could use

Intel onboard HD3000 graphics

I have the apple retail DVD and then a copy of it on USB. - version of SL 10.6.7 or 10.6.6 i think...

I have never used the console, kexts or command lines... sorry :S

Please help where do I even start?!!?!

It would help a lot if you start with a plain vanilla hardware setup as much as possible esp. if you're a newbie.

and yeah... read read read. A lot. Start with the numerous install guides you can find on the board.

Also if you're totally new, you could make a contribution to tonymac and get a custombeast made for you. After you build your system.

cs

Ok, so now I have downloaded iBoot and booted into it, taken iBot out and put snowloeopard in, I press enter on the CD (which by the way - the name does not change from iBoot to snow leopard install DVD when i insert it). So now it gives me "you need to restart your computer. Hold the button until i turns off, then press power again"

It says at the top -

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.15.2/iokit/Kernal

You need to press F5. The media name needs to change... otherwise you'll get a crash.

Thank you, ill give that a try, thanks for being so prompt on replys guys!

I am using an i7 2600k for this build, do I use iBoot or iBoot legacy?

Hi there, ok so none of that worked, I get to the apple logo, once I have gone past iBoot and inserted the SL DVD. By the way is the there a certain version of Snow leopard I need seeing as I have a sandy bridge chip? Im using the intel HD graphics too, no graphics card at the moment although I want to be able to use my GTX 480 because I have a 2560x1600 Dell Ultrasharp 30" monitor.

So yeah I get to the apple logo (grey w/ white background) and it hangs there for an infinite time. I am trying to install SL (don't know which version) on a Crucial C300 SSD on the 3gb/s sata connectors... Do I need to format the drive at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back