Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

I understand, but the problem is the price right now in Spain. They are prohibitive...

I do get en IPAddress, when i try to install mac OS it says: "The recovery server could not be contacted."
Had someone else that issue and how did ya'll fix that?

I am trying to update my OC and I have run into a problem that I can't figure out. I can not get my system to boot from USB. The system posts but then goes to a black screen. This is even if I make a drive formatted UEFI/ Mac OS Journaled/ GUID partitioned and drop my current working EFI on the EFI partition. I have tried multiple USBs and my original installer and none will boot. What could be the problem?

I am trying to update my OC and I have run into a problem that I can't figure out. I can not get my system to boot from USB. The system posts but then goes to a black screen. This is even if I make a drive formatted UEFI/ Mac OS Journaled/ GUID partitioned and drop my current working EFI on the EFI partition. I have tried multiple USBs and my original installer and none will boot. What could be the problem?
Have you updated all of the necessary files on your OC USB? If you are updating it all relevant files including the Bootx64.efi, Opencore.efi plus same-dated drivers and/or kexts must be updated otherwise it will not boot. You cannot use any older .efi drivers for example.

Have you updated all of the necessary files on your OC USB? If you are updating it all relevant files including the Bootx64.efi, Opencore.efi plus same-dated drivers and/or kexts must be updated otherwise it will not boot. You cannot use any older .efi drivers for example.
Figured it out, I somehow changed the picker time to 1 and I never saw the menu. It didn't make sense my working EFI wouldn't boot from a USB.

Tried 2x times to install macOS Monterey 12.3 beta, but so far no luck. The system always freezes after the login.
OpenCore 0.7.8 (beta) + latest Lilu 1.5.9, WhateverGreen 1.5.6, NVMeFix 1.0.9, etc.

Has someone else successfully installed the latest public macOS beta?

Edit: The macOS 12.3 beta issues are known and documented by others. Currently, there is no fix.

Last edited:
Has anyone tested BIOS F6 or F7b yet? Any issues? Be careful, there is no way back.

DL Link
  1. Major vulnerabilities updates, customers are strongly encouraged to update to this release at the earliest.
    Credits to "Assaf Carlsbad and Itai Liba from SentinelOne"
  2. Introduce capsule BIOS support starting this version.
    Customers will NOT be able to reverse to previous BIOS version due to major vulnerabilities concerns.

Good morning brothers .. Thanks for sharing
I need one if it's easy for you a USBPorts.kext
which has on HS01 + SS01 and off the SS04
Or please show me the easy way for me to make the correction.
Thanks

Attachments

• Ohchang_s_build__Gigabyte_Z590_Vision_G___i7-10700K___AMD_RX580___tonymacx86_com.png
    Ohchang_s_build__Gigabyte_Z590_Vision_G___i7-10700K___AMD_RX580___tonymacx86_com.png
    411.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Back