Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

@root2 I have the Same Hardware except the AMD RX 560 and a i9-10900K instead. But none if the USB Ports are working. Cant tell why, since Mouse and Keybord didnt work. Used ur EFI for a fresh Monteray Install. Its working until the select Language Dialog. :/

@Azimuth1 it offers both settings, but my network at home only supports 1 Gbit/s, thus I cannot test whether 2.5 Gbit/s actually works, or is only displayed.

@MASONicxx the USB ports don't work because you do use a different SMBios, right? If you use a different than iMacPro1,1 you will need to adjust the model section in the Info.plist of USBPorts.kext first.

@root2 i use ur EFI Folder :eek: and there is <string>iMacPro1,1</string>

@MASONicxx
Yeah, but for privacy reasons, I replaced the SMBios section of the config.plist with the dummy values from sample.plist (as described in the ReadMe.txt and the screenshots in my post) before uploading it to the forum. Have you generated a new SMBios using iMacPro1,1 and replaced it in your config.plist?

@root2 but i cant boot into a running system :( Is there a way under windows?
Edit: Didnt know there is a Windows Version of SMBiosGen. I fixed that, but have still the same Problem.

But i have a clue. I only use a Radeon 5700XT in Slot 1 Via DP. Is it possible that i see a still Image?
i hear sound. (reader). But i cant move the Mouse Cursor. I also switched Mouse and Keyboard to different Ports. No luck.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I want to thank first @ohchang for creating this helpful thread, and the community for posting up updates.

Also, wanted to share my experience, i migrated from an Asrock z490m pro4 (everything was super stable) to a Vision G Z590 (wanted a white build), used USBports.kext, iMac20,1 on Big Sur 11.6 but Ethernet wouldn't work. Only fix that would work was thanks to @edoardoww, given on his post. Sleep is broken due to Ethernet though.

Planning on migrating to Monterey on the next OpenCore release, perhaps given that i225v is supported natively, stability with Ethernet will be better.

Anyone have success getting an on board optical drive to work with this setup?

I fear that even Apple doesn't support onboard optical drives for over 10 years now. You can try one using USB. :D

But in theory they should work over SATA. In the past (using Big Sur) I used an old SATA SSD for testing, which worked flawlessly (as long as you do not forget to activate the SATA controller in the BIOS).

My build and the previous one have two optical drives connected. The first one is an external LG BD writer connected via USB 3.0 and the second one is an internal 5.25" DVD drive connected to the onboard SATA controller. Both are fully functional.

Back