Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

I am trying to install Big Sur on a new build using this board. However, I get stuck during install where it eventually goes to the ban sign and support.apple.com/mac/setup. I see no option on the boot picker to disable CFG lock and I was wondering if that is the problem. How do I know if it is disabled or how do I disable that in F4d?

Z590 Vision G Bios f4d
i9-10850K
MSI RX 580
I attempted to install a Big Sur one more time.
There are no issues at all.
I recommend that you double-check your install USB (or drive) :)

Attachments

• 851CCD26-9ADD-49DD-BDD2-EC7A8533422A.jpeg
    851CCD26-9ADD-49DD-BDD2-EC7A8533422A.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 164
  • 0B61D6B0-7C2E-4E8C-97E9-8F715B156CAC.jpeg
    0B61D6B0-7C2E-4E8C-97E9-8F715B156CAC.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 151
  • 6D61BC21-D088-4E25-92B5-CA4007076491.jpeg
    6D61BC21-D088-4E25-92B5-CA4007076491.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 151
[Intel I225-V connection lost issue]

Until a few days ago, I was unaware that my Intel i225 ethernet connection had been lost.
However, my ethernet controller is currently experiencing a connection issue also.
So, here's another (perhaps temporary) solution for the i225-v NIC.

1. Delete or disable all other ethernet related settings.
- Delete FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext(delete/disable kext info in config.plist Kernel section also)
- Delete or disable vit9696 kernel patch

2. Change DeviceProperties like as below.(device-id: F3158680)

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                8xWGgA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Ethernet controller</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel i225-V</string>
            </dict>

Reboot,
Done

No booting/Freezing issue at all.
No connection lost.
I'm not sure this solution supports a Monterey.

Ref.

[Intel I225-V connection lost issue]

Until a few days ago, I was unaware that my Intel i225 ethernet connection had been lost.
However, my ethernet controller is currently experiencing a connection issue also.
So, here's another (perhaps temporary) solution for the i225-v NIC.

1. Delete or disable all other ethernet related settings.
- Delete FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext(delete/disable kext info in config.plist Kernel section also)
- Delete or disable vit9696 kernel patch

2. Change DeviceProperties like as below.(device-id: F3158680)

Code:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                8xWGgA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Ethernet controller</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel i225-V</string>
            </dict>

Reboot,
Done

No booting/Freezing issue at all.
No connection lost.
I'm not sure this solution supports a Monterey.

Ref.
Now this looks like a jojo. First we should use "FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext"
And now we don't? hmmmm.
But if this works we could at least test it our selves.

Now this looks like a jojo. First we should use "FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext"
And now we don't? hmmmm.
But if this works we could at least test it our selves.
To develop our data and settings, we should use trial and error.
There's nothing else we can do about it.

There is a new BIOS available "F4" (not F4d)

Change from F4d to F4:
Code:
Enhance the compatibility of M.2 device

Edit: The system boots normally after the upgrade. (The BIOS is reset during the process and needs to be re-configured).

Last edited:
I attempted to install a Big Sur one more time.
There are no issues at all.
I recommend that you double-check your install USB (or drive) :)
Installer was the problem, so that I was able to fix. But now my Ethernet goes in and out, and, when it is out, rebooting does not bring it back. I need to shutdown for a couple of hours, even clearing NVRAM doesn't allow reboot to restore Ethernet. I saw the post above on fixing your Ethernet, but what is the "vit9696" kernel patch?

Installer was the problem, so that I was able to fix. But now my Ethernet goes in and out, and, when it is out, rebooting does not bring it back. I need to shutdown for a couple of hours, even clearing NVRAM doesn't allow reboot to restore Ethernet. I saw the post above on fixing your Ethernet, but what is the "vit9696" kernel patch?
The Vit9696 kernel patch is from the main Dortania teammember who's responsible for building Opencore.

And the article specifically was this one > https://dortania.github.io/hackintosh/updates/2021/04/24/rocket-lake.html

Whilst the Kernel patch and solution he announced back in April was good for up to Big Sur 11.2, there were issues with Big Sur 11.3 beta and beyond, so you had to disable the Vit9696 patch and re-enable the Intel kexts for Catalina and Big Sur 11.4 beta.

However a new recent discovery this week (after a re-read of the above post) suggests we remove the patch, kexts and I-225V device properties entirely, because Big Sur 11.4 Release Candidate has the Intel I-225V now working natively. Yes Vit confirmed Apple had added a driver into the AppleIntelI210Ethernet kext as of BS 11.4 beta1.

I’m having a peculiar issue, and I think maybe I don’t have something set right.

I mapped out my ports so that I can use the internal (front panel) USB C port and the lower rear USB C port. The last two days I’ve been trying to copy 2TB of data to two different brand new drives that are connected to that lower rear USB C port, but each time, all the files and videos are horribly corrupted. Is there some kind of power settings, or something I’m missing? I also don’t get full speed from the drives, maybe 3/4th of what I should be (60-80 vs listed 120MB/s). As it is, I’m scared to use drives connected via USB C…

56E58E90-60BE-42A0-ADC0-08D7057FF54F.png

Last edited:
I’m having a peculiar issue, and I think maybe I don’t have something set right.

I mapped out my ports so that I can use the internal (front panel) USB C port and the lower rear USB C port. The last two days I’ve been trying to copy 2TB of data to two different brand new drives that are connected to that lower rear USB C port, but each time, all the files and videos are horribly corrupted. Is there some kind of power settings, or something I’m missing? I also don’t get full speed from the drives, maybe 3/4th of what I should be (60-80 vs listed 120MB/s). As it is, I’m scared to use drives connected via USB C…

View attachment 523149

Is your M/B the Z590 Vision G?
If so, I'm guessing you didn't properly configure your USB ports map.
Set the front USB type C port, for example, to SS04/HS05. However, you assigned it to SS02/HS04.
A corrupted port map typically causes connected USB devices to operate at low speeds or with erratic data transfer.
I recommend that you double-check the diagrams and screenshots of the ports map. Then re-map all USB ports correctly.

Z590vision-g_USB.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 1.42.20 AM.png

Back