Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

How do you utilize dual RX580 in macOS?

I didn't notice poor the M/B GOP performance at all.
So, I had not made any adjustment or optimization for that.
I've used F2 and F4d, and they're both good.
Is there a problem with dual Polaris on the Z590 Vision G M/B?

I didn't notice poor the M/B GOP performance at all.
So, I had not made any adjustment or optimization for that.
I've used F2 and F4d, and they're both good.
Is there a problem with dual Polaris on the Z590 Vision G M/B?
No, I'm just curious. Why use two RX580 instead of maybe one 6800XT?

Hi it's me again :D

The macOS 11.4 FakePCIID is buggy for me. When the system goes to sleep (my system cannot really sleep, this has something todo with USB audio I guess - see below), anyway, when the system goes to sleep for some longer time (taking a shower in-between or something) the network card is gone aka first pretends that no cable is plugged in, and then after rebooting is completely gone.

Before the "long" sleep, everything is working fine:
before.png

After the wakeup, pretends the cable is not plugged in:
after_wakeup.png

After rebooting, the card is completely gone:
reboot.png

Windows 10 only shows Error code 10: cannot start device (I'm using the latest Intel windows driver v. 26_3):
windows.jpg

Currently, the only fix is to reset the BIOS by removing the battery, which kinda sucks. Any idea?

Is this related to some USB issue? Or is this related to some NIC/FakePCIID issue?

To reproduce the issue, it is not enough to simply force the computer to sleep because this is not "long enough".

FYI, maybe this is related, my system cannot sleep, after going down to sleep it immediately wakes up again.

Vit describes this sleep issue, and a potential fix here. It seems to be related to USB audio.

Thanks for your help.

Hi it's me again :D

The macOS 11.4 FakePCIID is buggy for me. When the system goes to sleep (my system cannot really sleep, this has something todo with USB audio I guess - see below), anyway, when the system goes to sleep for some longer time (taking a shower in-between or something) the network card is gone aka first pretends that no cable is plugged in, and then after rebooting is completely gone.

Before the "long" sleep, everything is working fine:
View attachment 520391

After the wakeup, pretends the cable is not plugged in:
View attachment 520392

After rebooting, the card is completely gone:
View attachment 520393

Windows 10 only shows Error code 10: cannot start device (I'm using the latest Intel windows driver v. 26_3):
View attachment 520394

Currently, the only fix is to reset the BIOS by removing the battery, which kinda sucks. Any idea?

Is this related to some USB issue? Or is this related to some NIC/FakePCIID issue?

To reproduce the issue, it is not enough to simply force the computer to sleep because this is not "long enough".

FYI, maybe this is related, my system cannot sleep, after going down to sleep it immediately wakes up again.

Vit describes this sleep issue, and a potential fix here. It seems to be related to USB audio.

Thanks for your help.
For the Intel Ethernet to work in Big Sur 11.3-11.4 you need to have a patch. Have you added the Kernel Patch from vit9696? >

Base: __Z18e1000_set_mac_typeP8e1000_hw
Find: F2150000
Replace: F3150000
Identifier: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelI210Ethernet

In Big Sur you'll also need to disable the FakePCIID_Intel-I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext and these values to your Device Properties:

Key: device-id
Value: F2150000
Type: DATA

Key: device_type
Value: Ethernet Controller
Type: STRING

Key: model
Value: Intel(R) I255-V Ethernet Controller
Type: DATA

As for your USB issues, what is your ACPI setup?

Is this a new patch? The old 11.3 patch no longer works in 11.4 and causes a kernel panic. It looks like the old patch from 11.3. See here.

what is your ACPI setup? Honestly, I don't know, I'm just using @ohchang's setup. :?:

Is this a new patch? The old 11.3 patch no longer works in 11.4 and causes a kernel panic. It looks like the old patch from 11.3. See here.

what is your ACPI setup? Honestly, I don't know, I'm just using @ohchang's setup. :?:
Right okay...so I guess this is the old patch now? From 11.3? Amazing how quickly these tips age... :lol:

@root2

My hackintosh does not require much time to make sleep.
(However, it can only be awakened up by a power button and not USB Devices.)

I suppose it's not common for your gear to take so long to fall asleep. Something is wrong with your modifications.

According to Dortania's Z590 compatibility with macOS page, ALC 4080 does not require any patching.
(AppleALC.kext can be used if you need digital audio support)
Furthermore, the ALC 4080 on the Z590 Vision G connected to HS11, so I set the HS11 Connector type to 255(internal) in my first EFI build. And USBWakeFixup.kext is used also.

So, I recommend altering the kext file loading order.

- FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext: Move to the top of the list.
- FakePCIID.kext: Move to the next slot of the USB-related kext.
Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 1.12.06 AM.png

Then you need to set a manual setup for Ethernet.
- Configure: Manually
- Speed: 1000baseT or 2500base-T (it depends on your hub or the router)
- Duplex: full-duplex, flow-control(If your hub can not support a flow-control, just use full-duplex only)
- MTU: standard(1500)

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 1.22.38 AM.png

Reboot,
Done

Back