Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

Hello, can you confirm if the Thunderbolt 3 ports/devices are functional in this build?

I cant seem to find the z490 Vision D anywhere and this motherboard is beautiful. I'm building an audio workstation and need Thunderbolt 3 ports to work, although thunderbolt 4 i'm sure i could live without.

Thank you!
Which build? The Vision G (Z490 or Z590) does not come with Thunderbolt ports. The Vision D Z490 has been discontinued by Gigabyte. There is a whole other thread on the Z590 which has a lot of work on the Z590 Vision D

Hello, can you confirm if the Thunderbolt 3 ports/devices are functional in this build?

I cant seem to find the z490 Vision D anywhere and this motherboard is beautiful. I'm building an audio workstation and need Thunderbolt 3 ports to work, although thunderbolt 4 i'm sure i could live without.

Thank you!
I think you should go for the AMD B550 version of the Vision D instead. That's proven to be a solid system so far and it works with Thunderbolt 3. Check out CaseySJ's build of it here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lt-3-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-amd-rx-5600-xt.304553/

Very nice, great job! I'm interesting in the VisonLink USB-c port which suppose to act like Thunderbird, or this going to work in the future.

I am testing A Z590 Asrock Taichi with Thunderbolt/USB 4, and with 11.3 no USB after reboot. But I unchecked XhciPortLimit with the Port Limit Patch, and I had a USB SSDT. All USB are working right now again
Hello,

How is Thunderbolt working for you on the Taichi? Are you thunderbolt devices detected in macOS? Do you have hot-plug working?

USBPort.kext(from Hackintool) does not work in Big sur 11.3,

This is wrong. I don't have any problems with my Hackintool created USB kext. Been using the same kexts for a long time (2 years?).

This is wrong. I don't have any problems with my Hackintool created USB kext. Been using the same kexts for a long time (2 years?).
I've been using kext(from hackintool) for a long time also.
But it can not recognize USBPorts.kext in my Z590 Vision-G with or without XhciPortLimit at all.(even kernel patch)
While USBMap.kext works well with USB Port limit Kernel patch.

Why?
I don't know exactly. I heard and found about the broken XhciPortLimit patch, then I've found out just working solution in my gear. ;)
If there is something wrong in my fix, would you mind correct it?

There's a new USB Patcher in town called USBToolBox, it's still in Beta but it's supposed to overcome some of the issues that people have experienced from updating to macOS Big Sur.
I have zero experience with it myself as I have no issues my end but thought some of you might wanna check it out if you're interested :geek:

I've been using kext(from hackintool) for a long time also.
But it can not recognize USBPorts.kext in my Z590 Vision-G with or without XhciPortLimit at all.(even kernel patch)
While USBMap.kext works well with USB Port limit Kernel patch.

Why?
I don't know exactly. I heard and found about the broken XhciPortLimit patch, then I've found out just working solution in my gear. ;)
If there is something wrong in my fix, would you mind correct it?

Hi there.

I can confirm that USBPorts.kext works with Big Sur 11.3 and 500-series chipsets. :thumbup:

However there are problems with the XhciPortLimit quirk and the use of USBInjectAll. I'm sure the OC team know about it.

Catalina and Big Sur USB works as expected with USBPorts.kext on 500-series however I suspect ACPI implementations by different manufacturers may be a problem for some.

When you look inside USBMap.kext and compare it with USBPorts.kext you'll see there is no reason why one works and one doesn't.

Having said all that I am glad your system is working :thumbup:

There's a new USB Patcher in town called USBToolBox, it's still in Beta but it's supposed to overcome some of the issues that people have experienced from updating to macOS Big Sur.
I have zero experience with it myself as I have no issues my end but thought some of you might wanna check it out if you're interested :geek:

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. :thumbup:

Hi there.

I can confirm that USBPorts.kext works with Big Sur 11.3 and 500-series chipsets. :thumbup:

However there are problems with the XhciPortLimit quirk and the use of USBInjectAll. I'm sure the OC team know about it.

Catalina and Big Sur USB works as expected with USBPorts.kext on 500-series however I suspect ACPI implementations by different manufacturers may be a problem for some.

When you look inside USBMap.kext and compare it with USBPorts.kext you'll see there is no reason why one works and one doesn't.

Having said all that I am glad your system is working :thumbup:
Yep.
I already compared those two kexts.
And I couldn't find what causes this issue exactly.
But it's okay. I just want my gear works well properly.

Back