Contribute
Register

Ohchang's build: Gigabyte Z590 Vision G + i7-10700K + AMD RX580

Right okay...so I guess this is the old patch now? From 11.3? Amazing how quickly these tips age... :lol:
vit9696 Kernel Patch can make freezing and stuttering or boot failure after Big sur 11.4 update.
Back to using FakePCIID.kext is the best for 11.4 until now :)

Unfortunately this didn’t fix it.

Should I share my EFI folder? Or do you like to upload your v0.6?

I’m also interested in your detailed BIOS settings for example what about power saving/sleep options there?

@root2
Please upload your EFI folder. In a few days, I'll check and compare it with my EFI.

Hey! Just wanted to say thank you for this guide and all the updates! Your build is the reason I went with the same motherboard you did.

I have
Gigabyte Z590 Vision G
i9-10900k
Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro +

(1) Currently having issues with the latest 11.4 patch - using the kexts, and I can't manually set my ethernet to the desired speed, it can only work in automatic, and will only work at 100mbps, which is annoying, but I can live with it for now. Are you getting full speeds?

(2) I was never able to get my iGPU fulling working with any of the headless frame buffers - I had to use the headed frame buffer to get property H264 and HVEC support... I don't think it's hurting anything, but a little annoying.

(3) I have very few sensors in iStat menus... and none of my fans show up. Did you have any luck getting you sensors working? My fans don't follow the BIOS fan curve I have set; no matter how much I bench test the system, the fans don't ramp up like they should and stay at a fixed speed, at least from what I can tell audibly.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 2.12.12 PM.png

1) I also have networking issues under 11.4, but the manual setting to 1000mbps works. However, I need to prevent the system from going to sleep, otherwise the network card is broken and I have to reset the BIOS to get it back. So yes, 11.4 and networking needs some more work. Others reported the same issue.

2) I do have a Rocket Lake iGPU (which I disabled in the BIOS), thus I cannot help you with your question.

3) I tested Mac Fan Control, Menu Meters, and iStat Menu. No tool is able to control the fans. You need to control them via the BIOS, I fear.

iStat Menus:

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.07.59.png

Menu Meter (free):
Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.04.50.png

Mac Fan Control:
Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.04.07.png

hope this EFI can be ok to be able to beta test macos 12

Good news everyone. :mrgreen:

I was able to solve my sleep-less issues :)

I updated to OpenCore 0.7.0 and replaced the existing FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext with a new one from this post. Moreover, as described in the post, I removed the Intel i225V entry from my config.plist under DeviceProperties.

After rebooting, the machine works just fine, the Ethernet card is up and running, sleeping works for the very first time (even the fans, screens, and RGB-LEDs switch off) and I wake the machine by touching the keyboard (even the wireless Apple bluetooth keyboard). This freaking awesome! :)

After investigating the situation it looks like the main difference in the kext is:

XML:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x15f28086 0x15f38086</string>

and well, the upgrade from OpenCore 0.6.9 to 0.7.0.

I am trying to install Big Sur on a new build using this board. However, I get stuck during install where it eventually goes to the ban sign and support.apple.com/mac/setup. I see no option on the boot picker to disable CFG lock and I was wondering if that is the problem. How do I know if it is disabled or how do I disable that in F4d?

Z590 Vision G Bios f4d
i9-10850K
MSI RX 580

Good news everyone. :mrgreen:

I was able to solve my sleep-less issues :)

I updated to OpenCore 0.7.0 and replaced the existing FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext with a new one from this post. Moreover, as described in the post, I removed the Intel i225V entry from my config.plist under DeviceProperties.

After rebooting, the machine works just fine, the Ethernet card is up and running, sleeping works for the very first time (even the fans, screens, and RGB-LEDs switch off) and I wake the machine by touching the keyboard (even the wireless Apple bluetooth keyboard). This freaking awesome! :)

After investigating the situation it looks like the main difference in the kext is:

XML:
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x15f28086 0x15f38086</string>

and well, the upgrade from OpenCore 0.6.9 to 0.7.0.
Where to find exactly the the new one "FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and FakePCIID.kext"
Can't really find it?

Or share it here?
Thanks

Back