CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have received a reply from Gigabyte customer support relating to flashing back to Award Bios from EFI.

[TR="bgcolor: #EDF3FD"] [TR="bgcolor: #fee2eb"]
Dear Customer,
Please use the supplied flash file onto the bootable usb flash drive and download the original bios for the board off our website. From there boot off the flash drive and execute the below command
1) efi2awd bios file name , press Enter
2) After updating process completed, it will asked you to remove AC power core.
3) Reboot your system, back to Award BIOS now.
Attachment :
Attach file efi2awd.zip ( 32 KB ) :

Attachments

• efi2awd.zip
    32.5 KB · Views: 4,934
I have received a reply from Gigabyte customer support relating to flashing back to Award Bios from EFI.

Dear Customer,
Please use the supplied flash file onto the bootable usb flash drive and download the original bios for the board off our website. From there boot off the flash drive and execute the below command
Attachment :

It works I had to do it! With 2 drives I had to always boot with f12 to select the Mac drive. No matter what I did as long as I had 2 drives plugged the Mac drive under Boot Drive #1 always showed as UEFI and would never boot twice. It's just not ready for prime time on a Hackintosh.

Thanks for the file.

It works I had to do it! With 2 drives I had to always boot with f12 to select the Mac drive. No matter what I did as long as I had 2 drives plugged the Mac drive under Boot Drive #1 always showed as UEFI and would never boot twice. It's just not ready for prime time on a Hackintosh.

Thanks for the file.

There should be a "hard drive BBS priorities" option and you have to set the first one as your boot drive to be able to select a non UEFI partition. That might solve the problem you had with the UEFI. I've been using it for at least around a month now and haven't had any problems.

There should be a "hard drive BBS priorities" option and you have to set the first one as your boot drive to be able to select a non UEFI partition. That might solve the problem you had with the UEFI. I've been using it for at least around a month now and haven't had any problems.

How does your graphics card work? Any edits to the ATI600 Kext? Since I flashed back I have no problems at all. I will wait awhile till all the bugs are worked out.

Thanks again for the info!

How does your graphics card work? Any edits to the ATI600 Kext? Since I flashed back I have no problems at all. I will wait awhile till all the bugs are worked out.

Thanks again for the info!

No problem. I unplugged my main boot drive as a precaution before installing windows on a separate drive and when I plugged it back in I came across the same problem you were having. Took me awhile to figure it out so I figured I'd put the info out there for anybody else it might happen to.

Graphics card works fine. No kext edits at all. Just a couple kernel flags to get 2 screens working but nothing UEFI related.

I follow this guide to the T, and am ending up with my f10 bios for ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 for uefi. Haven't been able to get into lion since flashing two weeks ago, and I used the lion installer to replace an older time machine, after removing my /extra incompatible files through my windows drive.

I have the lion USB installer, can I install fresh and erase a drive for it? Appreciate any help, I have read hundreds of threads and I am ready to start from fresh, but really don't want to go the snow leopard route.

Sigh. This did not work for me. It tells me I have a bad BIOS image. I tried two versions from Gigabyte's website that I know I've had on my system before UEFI, and it says both are bad.

I sent a message to their support.

I have the same problem downgrading the U1D Version.
Did you get an answer from gigabyte?

Dear Customer,
Attachment :

worked,,,,, I'm back to old bios,,,,, thanks friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back