Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone having problems with the garbled screen on HDMI, I know what the issue is and have fixed it on mine before I just can't remember how I did it. Basically, it doesn't work on either my Sharp Aquos or my projector. The "Scaling" is the issue on mine which causes it to garble. If you use the default scaling it won't work with mine. It's just garbled. Somehow and I can't remember how I did it, I was able to slide the scaling slider down just a touch and all of a sudden both of my TVs would work. But...made a mistake recently of updating to Mavericks and it broke and I can't remember how I did it last time. It always won't work directly out of a fresh Chimera install. I'll work on it some more and see if I can write a tutorial for those that this may work with.

Edit- I found my post on how I fixed this.

No. Only a DVI to HDMI adapter works anymore, and only at 1366x768. Even a reboot, nothing works except the adapter. I just did an identical setup on my buddies machine and 1080p works on his.

EDIT- Finally figured out why. The OVERSCAN Slider needs to be further to the right. Moving it to the left causes some weird timing that my TV cannot display. I hooked up the HDMI--->DVI adapter and played with the slider until I got it working in HDMI. Now HDMI audio works as well, just trying to figure out how to do Dolby Digital.

Hi,

I have an i5 3570k with an MSI b75ma-p45, which have only DVI-D and VGA port. I have an vga-only monitor and i cant get the monitor works. It only works with GraphicsEnabler=No and -x. Ive tried editing CapriFB ports in personality 01620005. Its make a change: now monitor goes no-signal when the desktop should appears, before the edit, the screen only get stuck on apple logo when desktop should appear.

I have IntelCapriFB=5 and GE=Yes in plist. Chameleon's Last version. And a DSDT for my MB.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have an i5 3570k with an MSI b75ma-p45, which have only DVI-D and VGA port. I have an vga-only monitor and i cant get the monitor works. It only works with GraphicsEnabler=No and -x. Ive tried editing CapriFB ports in personality 01620005. Its make a change: now monitor goes no-signal when the desktop should appears, before the edit, the screen only get stuck on apple logo when desktop should appear.

I have IntelCapriFB=5 and GE=Yes in plist. Chameleon's Last version. And a DSDT for my MB.

Thanks in advance

From what I read before VGA won't work on this although I could be wrong. I thought I read that somewhere.

From what I read before VGA won't work on this although I could be wrong. I thought I read that somewhere.

Yes, some people says that after 10.8.2 VGA doesnt work, but, in the page 17, someone reports that actually the personality ports edits works for his machine, thats rare. Now im gonna put 10.8.2 vanilla kexts on my 10.8.5 installation and the i'll edit the prots configurations again to see results.

Thank you

Ok, putting 10.8.2 kexts (with capri edited) i can get the desktop, but not with Full Acceleration. At least the card is recognized as hd 4000 512MB and i get the full resolution. What can i do now?

Hi any hellp... maybe?

MOBO
GA-Z77X-UD5H
OSX MAVERICS

I got working mav instalation with "Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition" from guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-instal...partition.html. Ive needed this partition because of AMD r280x.

Now i need to run my hackintosh without r280x (with only hd 4000). With one monitor everything is ok (monitor connected to DVI or HDMI works OOB).

Ive connect second monitor to free DVI or HDMI and got some problems.

1) When i connect second monitor to working mavericks (boot with one monitor to mavericks) everything is fine, it is recognized etc.

2) After mavericks restart with second monitor still attached i cannot boot to mavericks (i got chimera without gui - chameleon, like dos version (darwin?) when i choose OSX partition it boots and restarts within few seconds. (no flags, nothing helps, it looks like EFI partition is not working with second monitor? No chameleon? why?).

My attempts:

1) Changed SMBIOS on EFI Partition to MacPro3,1 (MacPro5,1 was for r280x) - no effect (dual - no boot, one monitor OK);
2) Changed org.chameleon.boot.plist (GE yes/no, IGPEnabler=Yes/No) - no effect (dual - no boot, one monitor OK);
3) Injected ig-platform-id (01660000/01660001) - no effect (dual - no boot, one monitor OK);

Any help? I got no more ideas what to check, what to do... :(

The same problem was here (no reply)
System with dual monitors hangs on boot after 10.8.5 upgrade

Here's the hilarious part. I accidentally booted to OSX instead of windows last night and the display worked. Then I rebooted and bam, screen scrambled again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back