Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried everything at my disposal to get my VGA or HDMI output working to no avail.

I have an Asus N56VM laptop with the NVIDIA 630M (Optimus) + Intel HD 4000 and have fully QE/CI enabled via an EFI string using ig-platform-id: 01660003 and have applied the HEX edits to AppleIntelFramebuffercapri.kext to try and enable this (yes, at the proper frame buffer starting at 386960) and nothing seems to work.

My edits to AppleIntelFramebuffercapri.kext did manage to have the VGA detected if I had it plugged in before booting (but with no output) and it only appear in the display properties window AFTER I disconnected it. If I tried to detect displays nothing would happen (and it would still list the display as being connected even though it was not). If I have an HDMI plugged in and try to detect displays, my system would freeze up and I'd have to hard reset it.

Without any edits to AppleIntelFramebuffercapri.kext, I can plug the VGA in prior to boot and the display will output to the connected monitor, but the internal will shut off and the video is really grainy and "fuzzy" like.

I'm happy to have my internal LCD working properly (and have 10.8.4 running on this laptop in the first place!) but would love to get an external display working for dual (or even triple) monitor support.

Anyone have a similar setup with working VGA or HDMI ports? Any suggestions or help is appreciated :)

Thanks!

Hey everybody out there!

I just installed Clover 10.8.4 on my Hack successfully and everything seems to run smoothly and rock steady unlike the previous installs of mine, at first look at least.

My HD4000 seems to under perform at video playback now, do i need to set something in order to get it work it to work correctly? I didn't set resolution in chameleon.boot.plist in the Extra folder (not sure it even exists with Clover bootloader) but set it right from System Preferences/Display to 1080p@50Hz. Video playback is laggy and full garbage.

My Geekbench score is also seems to be pretty low compared to the average score of similar configs.

My build:
Asus P8Z77-M PRO with Original Bios 2003
i3-3225
HD4000
8GB 1866Mhz Patriot Memory
2TB WD20EARX

I have ran MultiBeast post-install and get all the kexts installed which I usually do when installing with UniBeast.

Any suggestions with my video performance dropped so hardly? I appreciate any kind of help!

Cheers,
Tom

! UPDATE !

Here is a snapshot of my ioreg, it looks proper but I'm not sure. i can set display resolution in settings as well.
Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 12.33.10 PM.png

Intel HD 4000 and QE/CI over HDMI :

I've tried almost everything. Hours searching in the web over weeks, one complete day reboot over reboot making changes to the parameters that were helpful to others, but no luck.

I've tried Chimera 2.2, Chameleon (Enoch trunk), and Clover r2082 and no matter what I do, neither what ig-platform-id I use, or what amount of memory I set in the bios, NOTHIG works to me, the only thig I got ALWAYS, is this randomly secuence:

black screen > noise (no signal) > black screen > login window > noise > black screen > noise > black screen > login window … and so on.
Eventualy I can reach the desktop but through this endless secuence (pattience proof), and even in desktop it don't stop.

Here I saw, in System info, that my display is detected as TV.

DVI connection works fine (Proved with other monitor). But my monitor (Dell S2440L) only has two connectors, HDMI and D-SUB, and using an adapter (DVI to HDMI) don't made any difference (No QE/CI).

I've patched a clean DSDT for my mobo using "http://pjalm.info/repos/gigabyte" repository, with MaciASL app, but didn't work.
Maybe that patch have not a fix for this problem, but I don't know how to check it neither how to patch it for myself.

I like Clover bootloader, and with it, I can boot into the system if in options menu, in FakeID (0x00000000) option, I set wathever, just changing one number do the job to boot the system, but no QE/CI.

Also deactivating inject Intel alows me to boot without QE/CI.

I can't believe I can't get HD 4000 working with QE/CI on HDMI (Only DVI), it'is really frustrating. Some help will be apreciated.

My specs :

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev.1.1 Bios F14)
i7 3770K
Dell S2440L (HDMI)
Mountain Lion 10.8.5
Clover v2 r2082

This is the config.plist I'm using now:

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.4 KB · Views: 299
Editing the wrong framebuffer results in no change to system behavior. There are 8 instances of 02 05 00 00 00 in the 12 framebuffers. First step is to find the framebuffer that is loading from IOReg/GFX0/AAPL,ig-platform-id, i.e., 05 00 62 01. Next find 02 05 00 00 00. This ensures the correct framebuffer is edited.

Hi Toleda, would you please help to find the framebuffer and what to edit, I'm using ML 10.8.5, Big Tks
From IOReg:

| | +-o GFX0@2 <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x1000001fc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (276 ms), retain 26>
| | | +-o AppleIntelCapriController <class AppleIntelCapriController, id 0x100000306, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (59 ms), retain 9>
| | | | +-o AppleMEClientController <class AppleMEClientController, id 0x10000032d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
| | | +-o AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 <class AppleIntelFramebuffer, id 0x100000311, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (7 ms), retain 14>
| | | | +-o AppleMCCSControlModule <class AppleMCCSControlModule, id 0x10000032b, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
| | | | | +-o AppleMCCSParameterHandler <class AppleMCCSParameterHandler, id 0x10000032e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 5>
| | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver <class AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver, id 0x10000032c, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 5>
| | | | +-o AGPM <class AGPM, id 0x100000389, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>
| | | | +-o IOFramebufferI2CInterface <class IOFramebufferI2CInterface, id 0x1000003cb, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
| | | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003cf, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| | | +-o AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 <class AppleIntelFramebuffer, id 0x100000312, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (28 ms), retain 13>
| | | | +-o AppleMCCSControlModule <class AppleMCCSControlModule, id 0x100000342, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (11 ms), retain 6>
| | | | | +-o AppleMCCSParameterHandler <class AppleMCCSParameterHandler, id 0x10000034d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (4 ms), retain 5>
| | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver <class AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver, id 0x100000343, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 5>
| | | | +-o IOFramebufferI2CInterface <class IOFramebufferI2CInterface, id 0x1000003cc, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
| | | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003d0, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| | | +-o AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 <class AppleIntelFramebuffer, id 0x100000313, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (16 ms), retain 13>
| | | | +-o AppleMCCSControlModule <class AppleMCCSControlModule, id 0x10000033e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
| | | | | +-o AppleMCCSParameterHandler <class AppleMCCSParameterHandler, id 0x100000341, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 5>
| | | | +-o AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver <class AppleUpstreamUserClientDriver, id 0x10000033f, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 5>
| | | | +-o IOFramebufferI2CInterface <class IOFramebufferI2CInterface, id 0x1000003ce, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 6>
| | | | +-o IOFramebufferUserClient <class IOFramebufferUserClient, id 0x1000003d1, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 5>
| | | +-o IntelAccelerator <class IntelAccelerator, id 0x100000308, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 18>
| | | +-o IGAccel2DContext <class IGAccel2DContext, id 0x1000003e8, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccel2DContext <class IGAccel2DContext, id 0x1000003e9, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccel2DContext <class IGAccel2DContext, id 0x1000003ea, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelDevice <class IGAccelDevice, id 0x1000003f6, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IOAccelSharedUserClient <class IOAccelSharedUserClient, id 0x100000427, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelGLContext <class IGAccelGLContext, id 0x100000429, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelDevice <class IGAccelDevice, id 0x10000044f, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelDevice <class IGAccelDevice, id 0x1000004af, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IOAccelSharedUserClient <class IOAccelSharedUserClient, id 0x1000004b2, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelGLContext <class IGAccelGLContext, id 0x1000004b4, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelDevice <class IGAccelDevice, id 0x100000500, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IOAccelSharedUserClient <class IOAccelSharedUserClient, id 0x100000502, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>
| | | +-o IGAccelGLContext <class IGAccelGLContext, id 0x100000504, !registered, !matched, active, busy 0, retain 6>

Hey fellas!

I got some problem here since Mavericks I cannot proprely use my HD4000. Video playback is glitchy, slow. I took out the HDD from my MBP and it has 10.8.4 on it, it could play videos perfectly. I didn't modificated OS in any way, not even Multibeast. What am I missing?

With mavericks I used Multibeast after install, checked 1080p display as I remember, what else should I check or what I should not?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Hello all, can someone please tell me what is means to remove property type injections? I am trying to enable HDMI audio on my GA H77N Wife mobo. Thanks.

Thank to ReahbMan

I manage my HD 4000 whit this:

1) Intel FB and Capri kext from the installer of tonymac Unibeast
2) a personal dsdt made whit RehabMan MaciASL whit patch "HD4000 Low Resolution", "Brightness Fix" and optionally: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

thanks for all

hi all. i've been reading this post and i think i have tried anything to get my second monitor to work. the thing is that my hack sees my graphics as a hd4000 and also with 1024mb of memory so that seems to be good. but the thing is when i connect a second monitor by hdmi to dvi cable, my hack doesn't recognize the second screen and it gives or a half completely distorted half black screen or it gives no signal at all.

i have a ga-z77-ud5h motherboard and a 3770k processor.

how can i get this thing to work?

thnx in advance :)

EDIT: i have also installed windows 7 on an other harddrive and also in windows 7 i can't get a second screen. could it because of the motherboard that doesn't support the dual screen? when i startup the system, there is a logo from gigabyte and the apple logo but when loading osx, the screen goes flickering. on windows 7, theres also the windows startup logo but when windows is loaded, there is no second screen. and windows can't detect the second screen either.

Attachments

• screenshot 1.tiff
    69.4 KB · Views: 177
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back