Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Editing the wrong framebuffer results in no change to system behavior. There are 8 instances of 02 05 00 00 00 in the 12 framebuffers. First step is to find the framebuffer that is loading from IOReg/GFX0/AAPL,ig-platform-id, i.e., 05 00 62 01. Next find 02 05 00 00 00. This ensures the correct framebuffer is edited.

You're right, forgot to mention that.

Thanks JohnonMac, I think I'm getting close. One quick question. How are you injecting the HD 4000 stuff, through DSDT edits, or through Chimera?

Thanks JohnonMac, and thanks Toleda again. I got it. I got VGA port working with full resolution. JohnonMac, the buffer values you gave me, matched exactly the ones in this MOBO, the first edit worked, I just had to fix permissions and rebuild caches, before restarting. I'm not using any DSDT, just the suggested edits to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. Thanks again. You all rock.

Thanks JohnonMac, and thanks Toleda again. I got it. I got VGA port working with full resolution. JohnonMac, the buffer values you gave me, matched exactly the ones in this MOBO, the first edit worked, I just had to fix permissions and rebuild caches, before restarting. I'm not using any DSDT, just the suggested edits to AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. Thanks again. You all rock.

Great, glad I could help! :)

FINALLY got mine working too.

OK, so it's an ACER v5-471 (or MS2360) with hd4000 and I used the modded chameleon v2.1svn-r2012 with the <key>HD4000PlatformId</key><string>9</string> in the chameleon plist and a macbook air 5,1 smbios.plist made with Champlist.

I suspect that the chameleon version and plist key are not necessary at all, especially if you have the latest Chimera (HD4000 fixed)

BUT I'm pretty sure you need the smbios.plist and the following modification to apple intel framebuffer capri.

In the HEx editor, find index 5BFC8 and you should have : 01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00
replace with : 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00

and that's it ! Everything is working, including sleep and HDMI and is recognized directly in ATM !

Now... let's fix the Wifi and bluetooth... and I'm done! :)

Great, glad I could help! :)

Hi JohnonMac, sorry to bother again. QE/CI is working very erratically. I do get 1920x1080, but I don't get the translucent menu bar. Sometimes I get it, and sometimes I don't. I'm still working in the same machine. I thouth it may have something to do with the edits I did to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, so I installed the one from back up, and went back to DVI-D, still the same. I even did a fresh install and I'm still having problems getting QE/CI to work. Any ideas. I installed the edits to the Capri.kext and I'm working through VGA right now, and i'm guessing that doesn't have anything to do with QE/CI working. I'm also getting a very slow boot time, like 70 seconds, before was less than 10secs. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Can i use HD4000 for OSX and Radeon 7850 for Windows with some simple trick (i mean without taking off GPU every time)? I'm thinking about changing CPU to 3570k and buying 7850/7870 for gaming.

Any ideas?

I don't have issues with QE/CI, so I never had the need for troubleshooting. I'm afraid I can't help you, I really don't know what the problem might be.

As for the long boot time, you can try booting with Chimera option -v (verbose mode) to see what is taking so long. That might give you a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back