Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm attempting to use a Samsung SyncMaster S24B30BL which I just purchased....

The build is identical to the specs in my sig..

For some reason the screen ends up looking like this:

IMAG1146.jpg

At that point I can plug the old monitor back in & change the display setting from 1280 X 1024 to 1280 X 960.

From there I go back into the new monitor & I get this:
IMAG1145.jpg

At least I can see what I'm doing at this point....

I go to System Preferences > Display > and switch to "Best for display" then it works!!

Only until I reboot... then the same problem returns....

I also tested this out on my original build and it has the same issue...

Also monitor works perfectly fine in Windows... and the monitor model # is recognized by the "About This Mac > Dsiplays" menu.

Any help would be appreciated...

I got this monitor for great deal & would hate to have to return it & go back to using my old small monitor - which has never gave me any problems.. aside from being small!

Your monitor and your motherboard both have a D-sub and a DVI connector, which one are you using? If you are using the D-Sub connector you may have a hard time getting it to work, as you may have read in this thread. If you use the DVI connector it should work OOB with Mountain Lion, provided that you put this in org.chameleon.boot.plist (in your /Extra folder):

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

@JohnonMac - Good lookin!!

Yes I'm using the DVI out..

Worked like a charm... I'm a noob so this has been a crazy, but most rewarding ride... Thanks again!

Hi guys, I've read all the posts and they all seem similar to the issues I'm experiencing on my Dell Latitude E6430. I have the Intel Graphics HD 4000 and have been unable to enable it using the methods in the posts above. When I run MultiBeast EasyBeast it boots to black screen after Apple loading screen. When I install using the No DSDT method I get kernel panics. I need help :/ I'm so frustrated.

Current Status
I've successfully setup a GigaByte Z77 UP4 TH with both a thunderbolt and displayport cinema display. They are currently running accelerated on the HD4000 of the motherboard. This did not work with the default injector from Chimera - instead I had to inject for Platform "1" (using the injection strings from the original announcements).

My Challenge
I also have a XFX ATI 6870 which works with ATIConfig="Darkweed" and ATIPorts="5". Before I setup the HD4000 this worked flawlessly with the default drivers. If I inject the string which enables the HD4000 the ATI shows up as a ATI 6xxxx, if I remove the injected string the HD4000 is unaccelerated (no kext loaded) - but the ATI is correctly loaded as a 6870.

My Question
Is there another way to inject the required string for the HD4000 without messing up the default injection for the ATI 6870?

Thanks in Advance.

Hey mate,

I have the Z77x UP5 TH (HD4000) and XFX 6780 and a Thunderbolt and mini-displayport display. I can't get the TB display working with the HD4000. Can you post your multibeast and addtional strings you have put to the boot plist? What injections do you use? Please...

I have a similar setup and I am successfully running video out of one of the TB ports without using any injections or special MultiBeast settings. HOWEVER... there are problems right from the start at the BIOS level, so even before we get to OSX (or Windows or Linux) it seems there are some issues with the intel video running out of TB.

I set up my system running DVI to a 23" 1080p monitor with no video problems. I had trouble moving things over to my Thunderbolt + 27" 1440p setup, and after some trial and error, narrowed down some of the issues and I am now running Thunderbolt-only video at 1440p. :D

From what I've seen on here, a lot of the UniBeast/Multibeast commands and settings are all based on the assumption of 1080 video, so there might be some issues there, but perhaps more importantly what I saw just at the BIOS stage makes me suspect the need for a BIOS update for TB video.

Specifically, when I boot up the system using TB into my 27" monitor, the entire BIOS splash screen is displayed at a super low resolution with an overscan problem (meaning: doesn't all fit inside the screen!) and when I try to enter the BIOS, it can't change the resolution correctly to display the BIOS menus, and just appears as a black screen. (Switching back to a 1080 DVI setup - no problem, BIOS logo is normal, BIOS menu appears.)

So - this is all entirely before any OS even gets involved, something is off at the firmware level before any Multibeast settings.

ANYWAY: Using DVI 1080p video on a 23" monitor, I changed the BIOS peripheral / video settings to:

Init Display First: IGFX
Internal Graphics: Enabled

At least one of those was on "Auto" before. When I save those setttings, unplug the DVI and leave only the thunderbolt plugged into my 27" monitor, then reboot and turn off the monitor entirely while it is rebooting and then turn it back on after the boot is (presumably) completed, I can log in to OSX at 1440p over TB. I have to turn off the monitor during boot up, the display has problems changing resolution from the BIOS stage into the final OSX login screen and "refreshing" it by turning it off seems to help there.

Mac.pngDisplay.pngMutli.jpgPro1.pngPro2.png

I'd like to hear from other people running a proper Apple Cinema Display, this HP display was a little fussy even using TB out of a "real" Mac Mini, so my experience isn't the final word, but I strongly suspect there is room for improvement in the firmware here and I seriously doubt using a dual monitor setup with the Intel video will be possible until there is a firmware update.

Is there another way to inject the required string for the HD4000 without messing up the default injection for the ATI 6870?
When an EFI string is used in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, all other commands/injections are ignored. For example, GE=Y is ignored with the HD4000 EFI string and your HD 6870 is no longer recognized and enabled. Assuming you don't change Chimera, two suggestions:
1. dsdt injection (suggest 05 is a better choice than 01)
Code:
            Device GFX0)                  /**  for Intel IHD4000 HDMI audio  **/
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)         /**  Always  00020000)  **/
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x02)
                        {
                            "AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x01, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
                            }, 

}, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
2. AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext edit (0A framebuffer, default Chimera)
In 01 and 05 framebuffers, Port 0x7 is DP and in 0A, Port 0x7 is HDMI . Edit Port 0x7 to DP

Native
0A 00 66 01 00 02 03 02 00 00 00 02
00 00 00 01 00 00 00 20 10 07 00 00
10 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00
03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00
04 06 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

Find
04 06 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

Replace
04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00

Status: dsdt injection is proven and easy to maintain unless dsdt is not an option,
kext editing is proven (this DP edit has not been tested) and easy, however, the edit must be applied on every Software Update.

Need your IOReg to verify suggested framebuffer edit.

For HD4000 and HD6870, see Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together and for dsdt injection, see
Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Hey, tnx for your report. Yes, TB display is very problematic. My mobo frooze several times so I didn't get any video out of the TB port. I gave up, sold my acd tb 27 display and bought the old displayport version so I can use it with my hd6870.

Btw: What is that trim patch used for that you've enabled in the multibeast?

Id love to get some help. Im using Z77X-u5dh and cinema display with dp-mini displayport cable(also having black outs sometimes but its not the matter now) and now I connected another 1920x1200 24" display but with vga dsub. Everything works great when using cinema display and dvi display, but with vga im having artifacts on vga one. Everything works great till login screen, also work fine with graphics enabler no, but only with low res etc. If im using graphics enabler yes, cinema display works great and on vga one there are artifacts. Any ideas? Wojt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back