Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Status
I've successfully setup a GigaByte Z77 UP4 TH with both a thunderbolt and displayport cinema display. They are currently running accelerated on the HD4000 of the motherboard. This did not work with the default injector from Chimera - instead I had to inject for Platform "1" (using the injection strings from the original announcements).

My Challenge
I also have a XFX ATI 6870 which works with ATIConfig="Darkweed" and ATIPorts="5". Before I setup the HD4000 this worked flawlessly with the default drivers. If I inject the string which enables the HD4000 the ATI shows up as a ATI 6xxxx, if I remove the injected string the HD4000 is unaccelerated (no kext loaded) - but the ATI is correctly loaded as a 6870.

My Question
Is there another way to inject the required string for the HD4000 without messing up the default injection for the ATI 6870?

Thanks in Advance.

Soooo I screwed my system pretty badly - worst part is, I'm not sure how. :-\

I could not get my HD4000 graphics working, despite having a reputably compatbile system (3750K + UD5H). My system was working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsMode to set my screen resolution, but video was completely unreliable and would not work in many apps. I tried the last string (iig-platform-id: 01620005) by inserting the long hex string (supplied so kindly by the OP) as written, into my boot.plist. I left graphicsenabler set to yes, which I realized might be dumb immediately after I shut down my machine.

Now, I cannot boot into the OS. Here's what happens:

I boot up. I get the BIOS beep. I see the bootloader screen. I press enter on my OS partition, which is the only partition, and wait. At the moment I should see the login screen, my monitor all goes dark and the system whirs invisibly. When I try to reboot, I don't even get the BIOS beep unless I unplug my keyboard and mouse before rebooting and plug them back in after the beep. (Wha!?!)

I fixed this back screen problem before by using a very simplified boot.plist copied from Chameleon's boot.plist, but now that I've added the device key, I can't even get into the system to change the .plist back. I've tried -x, -f, -F and graphicenabler=no.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Could it be that I messed up the device key string, or just used the wrong one? If not, does anyone know how I can edit my plist from outside the OS, perhaps through the terminal in the Mountain Lion installer?

I'm running the 3750K with the UD5H, no graphics card, DVI monitor and that's about it.

I know there's a Hackintosh Dr. House out there that can help me... :)

Thanks e'erbody!
Alex

Sounds Like your Hard Drive might've failed. My advice would be to try booting from your USB Stick use the installers disk utility to check the disk and verify permissions. If it reports bad sectors - it would account for your problem.

I have the ASUS P8Z77-V Premium MOBO and I just can't enable the Intel HD4000. I tried every single EFI Strings but with no luck, I always get the scrambled output through HDMI. Does anybody here have successfully enabled their HD4000? Also, I need to enable the HDMI Audio. Please help. Thanks.

Have similar issue. Mirrored blurry image with time and apple (desktop) no dock or menu bar. If I sleep the system with my front power button it seems to restore to the correct setting with HD 4000 enabled. Unplugging and Plugging does not fix for some reason. Same CPU board here. Any fix yet?

20121109_173536.jpg

Soooo I screwed my system pretty badly - worst part is, I'm not sure how. :-\

I could not get my HD4000 graphics working, despite having a reputably compatbile system (3750K + UD5H). My system was working with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and GraphicsMode to set my screen resolution, but video was completely unreliable and would not work in many apps. I tried the last string (iig-platform-id: 01620005) by inserting the long hex string (supplied so kindly by the OP) as written, into my boot.plist. I left graphicsenabler set to yes, which I realized might be dumb immediately after I shut down my machine.

Now, I cannot boot into the OS. Here's what happens:

I boot up. I get the BIOS beep. I see the bootloader screen. I press enter on my OS partition, which is the only partition, and wait. At the moment I should see the login screen, my monitor all goes dark and the system whirs invisibly. When I try to reboot, I don't even get the BIOS beep unless I unplug my keyboard and mouse before rebooting and plug them back in after the beep. (Wha!?!)

I fixed this back screen problem before by using a very simplified boot.plist copied from Chameleon's boot.plist, but now that I've added the device key, I can't even get into the system to change the .plist back. I've tried -x, -f, -F and graphicenabler=no.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Could it be that I messed up the device key string, or just used the wrong one? If not, does anyone know how I can edit my plist from outside the OS, perhaps through the terminal in the Mountain Lion installer?

I'm running the 3750K with the UD5H, no graphics card, DVI monitor and that's about it.

I know there's a Hackintosh Dr. House out there that can help me... :)

Thanks e'erbody!
Alex

Now, I can say that Chimera 1.11.1 worked for my system and managed to enable HD4000 by simply changing my system definitions to MacPro 4,1. At first, I was skeptic because I tried yesterday changing my system definitions to MacPro 5,1 and received KP after reboot. And this system definitions really intrigued me yesterday for the reason I have seen during boot time in single user mode that my system is not recognized or something like that. So, out of frustration today I tried the definition MacPro 4,1 and set my Graphics Enabler=Yes then reboot then voila! it worked! By the way, let this be a warning don't try changing the resolution just yet! you might see doom early (-: I've set it to 720p believing that it supports my Sony LCDTV then the broken Nintendo game came but, still I managed to revert using this troubleshooting guide http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2213. I will keep on reading this forum and try to get some ideas on how to fully harness the power of HD4000 Graphics! until now, I'm still not satisfied with the result of enabling the HD4000 because it looks like that the QE/CI is not yet working. Anyways, i will look further into that later. As of now, I'm after the HDMI Audio enabling and the resolution change solution while I'm at it.

Hope this help other hackintoshers out there.

I have an update. changing the system definition to 4,1 is pure coincidence. After some edits to enable hdmi audio I can no longer boot my machine. so, i reinstall the ML 10.8 and installed easybeast then chimera and right off the bat I have the Intel HD4000 enabled. I won't recommend changing to 4,1 because when I tried it again after the reinstall there is the KP. Still I can't change the resolution, i'm fixed at 1360x768x32 through Graphics Mode in the boot.plist. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

I finally have enabled full Intel HD 4000 on my GA-Z77X UP5 TH motherboard. I use AAPL,ig-platform-id: 01660003, injected via DSDT.
and edited AppleIntelFramebufferCapri binary at framebuffer @3 from this:

@0, 05 03 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 // (LVDS)
@1, 02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 04 00 00 // (DisplayPort)
@2, 03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 81 00 00 00 // (DisplayPort)
@3, 04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 81 00 00 00 // (DisplayPort) - DETECTED 0x0 desktop

to this:

@3, 06 02 00 00 02 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 // (DisplayPort) - Working VGA - Version 1

this worked too:

@3, 06 02 00 00 01 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 // (DisplayPort) - Working VGA - Version 2

Chameleon SVN 2.1 r2064, GraphicsEnabler=No and GraphicsMode to match monitor resolution, Mountain Lion always detected the HD 4000, but without QE/CI.
Injecting platform Id get QE/CI enabled, and editing AppleIntelFramebufferCapri get video through VGA (i´ve only have a VGA monitor).

I'm using a mobile platform ID,now I'll test a desktop Platform ID like AAPL,ig-platform-id: 01620005, which have three ports, like my motherboard (VGA, DVI-D and HDMI).

IOREG show AAPL,DisplayPipe = 01 00 00 00, connector type = 01 00 00 00, audio-codec-info = 00 00 00 00 (may be the framebuffer expect a HDMI port?) and av-signal-type = 00 00 00 00.

Hello!
It is very interesting that you enabled HD4000 through VGA port. Because I'm noob, could you explain - step by step - how did you do that. I mean how you change parameters in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri - you mentioned. I have z68x-ud3h-b3 mobo and i5 3570k.

I would be grateful for any response!

ok I've found AppleIntelFramebufferCapri. But how to edit it? Text editor gives only "bushes". Is there needed any binary editor? How did you do it?

edited 26.11

ok. Now I know, how to edit above (binary file).
I have z68x-ud3h-b3 with ivybridge CPU i5 3570k. Someone know what AAPL,ig-platform-id I have to inject?

And which code change in AppleIntelFramebufferCappri to enable VGA?

Please Help!

Hi,

ML 10.8.2 is working perfectly on my GA-Z77-DS3H but the HD 4000 graphics card doesn't work good I try to modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist and if I put GraphicsEnabler = yes after few minutes I have a black screen if I put GraphicsEnabler = No and I set the <key>device-properties</key> won't boot, boot only in safe mode with -x options on the boot (with the correct resolution 1920x1080x32 but don't load the Kext for the HD4000.
Now I use with GraphicsEnabler = no without device-properties.

Please help me

Best Regards
Francesco.

Hi,

Does anyone else get that their machine is not HDCP compatible with iTunes when trying to play hd downloads like movies etc...
I have a B75M-D3H with an i3 with HD 4000 graphics and other than this problem, which is a deal breaker, it works fine. I went and purchased an evga GT 640 to get iTunes to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back