Contribute
Register

Official HD 4000 Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help:

I've got HD4000 with HDMI audio working via DSDT with Chimera 1.11. How can I make it work where I can change the resolution of my monitor? I want to use switchresx with my B75M-D3H but I can't because the TV freaks out if I change my resolution to anything other than 1080p.

Change resolution HD 4000

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002 010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c000000 4100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066 006f0072006d002d0069006400000008000000050062011400 00006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e62 6f6172642d31</string>

OK, I'm getting really stuck. I followed Giacomoleopardo's Guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...z77-itx-wifi-core-i7-3770t-macmini-6-2-a.html

with the exception that I have disabled Azallia in the BIOS as with it enabled, I can ONLY boot in safe mode.

I have been unable to get HD4000 woking with acceleration. I did notice that the DSDT edit for the injection of the HD4000 was in the wrong place using the patches mentioned in the guide, so have relocated it under IPGU as per Toleda's guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...000-hd4000-amd-nvidia-working-together-9.html
EDIT PICNIC Error: The patch put it in the right place, I just can't read properly!

This at least allows me to boot with GE=No, but I HAVE to use the Kernel Cache to boot out of safe mode. Booting with UseKernelCache=No stops after generating a DRMStatus issue which I believe is linked to the injection somehow.
I have tried multiple platform id's on the basis that 0A 00 66 01 "gives" me 768MB VRAM?? My best match appears to be 05 00 62 01 since both HDMI's and the DP work at full res (1920x1080 and 2560x1440 respectively). On that note, Toleda, I believe there to be a typo on post #25 of this thread; under Mobile/Laptop Summary, you listed 09 00 62 01 which results in the HD4000 not being recognised at all. I just get "shared 64mb of graphics memory". I think it should be 09 00 66 01 as listed under detail on that post.

I attach IOReg and the current DSDT and hope someone can help.

For detailled convenience, build is:

Zotac Z77 ITX Wifi - with latest BIOS - no need for patching
IVB i7 3770T
Corsair Low Profile 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM using XMP
SanDisk Extreme 240GB

EDIT I seem to have an issue with IOAcceleratorFamily.kext interfering with something. As in, if I delete it, I can boot without the kernel cache. I CAN then reinstall and manually load it and the HD4000 kext and get all kexts loaded, but still no QE/CI. I believe this is related to the Capri frame buffer that when it loads gives me a DRMStatus issue

Attachments

• ZOTAC Z77 DSDT AND IOREG.zip
    421.3 KB · Views: 117
parallel - I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm on a Z77E-ITX thought. Did you get any luck with it?

How did you boot into QE using KernelCache?

Hi Nate,

Are you using the same Zotac Build? If so, I follow Giacomoleopardo's Guide, but continually boot with -x (safe mode) flag until I've completed posts #1 and #4.

Then I copy IOAcceleratorFamily.kext to the desktop, then delete it from S/L/E

I reboot with the "UseKernelCache=No" (No quote marks) flag - This boots normally, although still gives the DRMStatus error - if IOAcceleratorFamily.kext is present in S/L/E (Meaning you didn't delete it in the previous step), it freezes at the DRMStatus error

Re-install IOAcceleratorFamily.kext using KextBeast

Then open Terminal and type the following:

Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOAcceleratorFamily.kext

Type your password administrator password when prompted (If you've not used the sudo command before, when typing the password it won't look like the system is doing anything, so make sure you type correctly!)

then type:

Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext

You won't need to type your password this time

then you can reboot with UseKernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and will get everything but QE/CI - i.e. full resolution, HDMI audio etc, and I believe the lack of QE/CI acceleration is due to the DRMStatus error, which is connected to, but maybe not caused by, the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext loading.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the detailed response Parallel.

I'm using an Asrock Z77E-ITX. Most people with this board seems to get the HD4000 working fine without any issues.

I've been trying all weekend, LOL.

I followed your instructions and managed to got the HD4K driver loaded, thanks.

We really need to get QE/CI working :)

The HD4K kext is for QE/CI, unfortunately the DRMStatus error cause by the Capri Framebuffer disables it. I was just hopeful getting it to load would fix it. I'm trying a theory tonight. Will let you know if it pans out. Otherwise it's exceptionally daft-I'm just running out of ideas. I'm actually concerned it may be connected to a faulty board or CPU, but I don't know which and I pray not both!

OMG....OMFingG! After months and countless hours, and a little bit of connector table hacking--really light--I finally managed to get my Intel HD 4000 to work with FULL QE/CI AND HDMI (w/sound!)...VGA connector table has been hacked in to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri file (via Hex Fiend), but I haven't tried it just yet! Stoked! Yes, yes, that is no BLACK SCREEN on internal display!

I'm on a Toshiba C875-S2304...thanks to--uh, I can't remember, but the gentleman uploaded his modded kext, and that was a big help! Here it is for others!

This version has HDMI and VGA edits....
I'm trying to get the Toshiba R930 work, but the HD4000 is the most frustrated problem I have seen. I turned black screen all the time no matter what the aapl ig-platform-id is. Could you please show me how you get your system work? I thought your C875 and mine have almost the same specs. So it could help.
Thanks

The HD4K kext is for QE/CI, unfortunately the DRMStatus error cause by the Capri Framebuffer disables it. I was just hopeful getting it to load would fix it. I'm trying a theory tonight. Will let you know if it pans out. Otherwise it's exceptionally daft-I'm just running out of ideas. I'm actually concerned it may be connected to a faulty board or CPU, but I don't know which and I pray not both!

Good luck mate.

I"m starting to think the same about my setup, there must be a hardware fault. I've tried EVERYTHING.

I installed windows 8 with the intel drivers, and it seems to be working ok.

I also installed DP3, and same error.

Also have a quick look at the CPU pins, see if any are bent.

Cheers.

Good luck mate.

I"m starting to think the same about my setup, there must be a hardware fault. I've tried EVERYTHING.

I installed windows 8 with the intel drivers, and it seems to be working ok.

Forgive me Nate, but if Windows 8 seems to working fine, how does that indicate a hardware problem? To me that means its a definite software issue. On that note though, have you tried playing back any DRM protected content through windows? ie an iTunes downloaded video, say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back