Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Updated to Mavericks. Everything works as well as with 10.8.5. The only problem I'm having with both is related to bluetooth devices after sleep. I'm using the onboard bluetooth interface, an Apple BT keyboard and mouse. After a reboot, they both work fine. But if I put the computer to sleep, upon wake the devices remain listed as disconnected in the bluetooth preferences. I have to remove them from the device list and re-do the pairing process to get them working again. Anyone has a hint about how to fix this?

Updated to Mavericks. Everything works as well as with 10.8.5. The only problem I'm having with both is related to bluetooth devices after sleep. I'm using the onboard bluetooth interface, an Apple BT keyboard and mouse. After a reboot, they both work fine. But if I put the computer to sleep, upon wake the devices remain listed as disconnected in the bluetooth preferences. I have to remove them from the device list and re-do the pairing process to get them working again. Anyone has a hint about how to fix this?

I have this issue, but I only use the Apple BT keyboard. My quick fix is just restart. The actual solution is to use a different BT adaptor. One of my Customac's uses an Apple Bluetooth board that I made which connects to a USB cable, works flawlessly all the time, even works in the BIOS. There are third party USB BT dongles that work fine though, but IMO if you can solder and are confident with following a how to go for the Apple BT way.

This is the exact way I did mine, works flawlessly:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/13405-apple-branded-bluetooth-module-usb-hub-solved-sleep-25.html#post345676

Joe

Thanks for the tip!

To me the sleep is useless if I must reboot the computer after each wake.

I am weary of buying another 3rd party bluetooth adapter; it seems highly probable that a future update will break compatibility with it just like what happened with the onboard one (which was working great with earlier 10.8 versions).

I guess I should do with the Apple bluetooth adapter what I did with my Apple IR receiver... are you able to wake the computer with your bluetooth keyboard with this setup? Post #299 in the thread you linked is one report of this stopped working after updating to Mavericks...

If this thread is still alive... I'm building a Hackintosh for my GF. Specs GA H77N (ref 1.1) (F4 Bios), 3570K, OCZ 256 SSD, 16GB RAM. I have a AMD 7970 which i'm hoping to install later so i can dual boot with Win 7.

I created a Unibeast installer with 3.01 partitioned the hard drive as per the instructions at the top thread, but i can't get the install to finish - it white screens with about a minute to go - the mouse is stuck...

i'm using the latest version of ML downloaded from the apple store. 10.8.5???

Can anyone help???

This is a bit off-topic since this thread is listed in the "Mountain Lion Desktop Guides" section. If someone has recommendations on where this info would be more appropriate, let me know.

I just installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite on my CustoMac Mini 2012. The setup was surprisingly easy.

- HDMI Audio works; PCM output or encoded output (with an app that supports that, such as VLC or EyeTV).
- Manual sleep and auto sleep work perfectly.
- The "onboard" bluetooth works, although pairing process can be spotty. The pairing either works perfectly or freezes the system. But once it is done, it is done for good. Rebooting / wake from sleep does not require re-pairing devices like some versions of Mavericks did.
- Onboard ethernet works great (only tried with one of the two ports)
- [edit: 1080i and 720p now display fine. For now.] HDMI video out works; only tried the bottom port (the one that works with HDMI audio output). 1080p output is fine. 1080i is still crap (only the top half of the screen is visible, and vertically stretched). 720p is also garbage, in a similar fashion. This is with a i3 3225 CPU (HD4000).
- Still can't view movie trailers in iTunes. I never really investigated how to fix this.

I downloaded the DSDT file for the H77N-Wifi from the database, Unibeast and Multibeast. I followed the general instructions here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I copied the DSDT file to my desktop and renamed it to DSDT.aml. At the MultiBeast step, I picked User DSDT, then selected the DSDT.aml file from my desktop when prompted. In the audio section I turned of the option for Realtek ALC892 and also enabled the HD4000 HDMI audio option. I had to pick a network driver else I lost network after the Multicast setup. I attached my Multibeast settings to this post; you can load them in MultiBeast, pick the DSDT file and then browse to see what exactly I used.

Attachments

• multibeast-yosemite-h77n-wifi-hdmi-audio.mb.zip
    144 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Another thing worth mentioning: scheduled system wake does not work. So EyeTV won't wake up the computer for a scheduled recording, and System Preferences → Energy Saver → Schedule... → Start up or wake does not work.

Hi all. I built this system back in 2012 and is still currently running Mountain Lion 10.8.4

It's started getting slow so wanted to do a fresh install.

I use this as a music production system and as there seems to be a lot of problems running Logic Pro on later OSX, so I want to keep it on the same 10.8.4

Is there any easy way to do this without having to go through the whole process again? IE, downloading the Mountain Lion DMG and just opening it off the desktop?

If anyone could give me any assistance it would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,
Luke

Hi all. I built this system back in 2012 and is still currently running Mountain Lion 10.8.4

It's started getting slow so wanted to do a fresh install.

I use this as a music production system and as there seems to be a lot of problems running Logic Pro on later OSX, so I want to keep it on the same 10.8.4

Is there any easy way to do this without having to go through the whole process again? IE, downloading the Mountain Lion DMG and just opening it off the desktop?

If anyone could give me any assistance it would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,
Luke

Where would you download a Mountain Lion DMG from ?

Back