Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

I have been using optical out for audio for quite some time due to the fact that the DSDT for HDMI Audio would not wake from sleep under 10mins.

So I had some time today and extracted my DSDT, added HDMI patch from toleda's editing kit. Works perfectly and added a patch for sleep. It is working like a charm. I thought if any of you are having issues with sleep that I would post my DSDT.aml here. Motherboard H77n-Wifi Bios version F2. Use at your own risk.

Thanks for sharing this. I gave it a try; with it I'm back with the slow wakes, just like with the DSDT from the database here. My current best bet is with the DSDT did myself, with Toleda's patches to HDMI audio. No slow wakes, but I do have some sleep problems - manual or auto sleep sometime require multiple invocations to sleep more than 1 second.

Would you have some pointers about your sleep patch to share? I'd like to read a bit more on that. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this. I gave it a try; with it I'm back with the slow wakes, just like with the DSDT from the database here. My current best bet is with the DSDT did myself, with Toleda's patches to HDMI audio. No slow wakes, but I do have some sleep problems - manual or auto sleep sometime require multiple invocations to sleep more than 1 second.

Would you have some pointers about your sleep patch to share? I'd like to read a bit more on that. Thanks!

I extracted my own DSDT, added the compile patch for errors+HDMI audio audio editing kit, toleda's of course added the SMBus patch and everything is working great.

I extracted my own DSDT, added the compile patch for errors+HDMI audio audio editing kit, toleda's of course added the SMBus patch and everything is working great.

Thanks. I'll search a bit about the SMBus patch; if I simply extract my DSDT and apply Toleda's patch for HDMI audio, the HDMI audio works and the wake works correctly. The only remaining thing is that I'd say about 50% of the times the computer is supposed to go to sleep, it wakes up 1 second later; then it does not always go to sleep again.

Thanks. I'll search a bit about the SMBus patch; if I simply extract my DSDT and apply Toleda's patch for HDMI audio, the HDMI audio works and the wake works correctly. The only remaining thing is that I'd say about 50% of the times the computer is supposed to go to sleep, it wakes up 1 second later; then it does not always go to sleep again.

No problem. To save you some trouble may I suggest you take a look here PJALM's DSDT Patches - TonyMacX86. There are all in one DSDT's here also. I have tried the H77n DSDT and its works great. Pjalm has done some great work here.

Hi,

Trying to buid my first Customac.
MB: ga-z77n-wifi
CPU: i7-3770
Graphics: I'm willing to use integrated Intel HD 4000
RAM 16MB (recommended Corsair)

I'm trying for days already and still stuck to either safe mode or that famos AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport ...

Tried different BIOS settings, upgraded BIOS, using DVI cable, reinstalled several times...

I'm thinking that maybe bluetooth is causing problems, because got kernel panic once messing with bluetooth. But even if I remove the card - still stuck.

Seem that I really need some help!

Veiksmi,
Janis

No problem. To save you some trouble may I suggest you take a look here PJALM's DSDT Patches - TonyMacX86. There are all in one DSDT's here also. I have tried the H77n DSDT and its works great. Pjalm has done some great work here.

Thanks for this. It seems that my issue when the computer wakes up 1-2 secs after I request sleep might be caused by the "wake on Ethernet" toggle in the power settings. I turned it off (the h77 board does not support it anyway if I remember correctly) and it seems to resolve the issue with my DSDT or the one with the all-in-one patch from PJALM. At the moment I am sticking with my DSDT and I'll see if the issue is really resolved after a few days. Will need to research a bit what are all these patches for too.

Hi,

Trying to buid my first Customac.
MB: ga-z77n-wifi
CPU: i7-3770
Graphics: I'm willing to use integrated Intel HD 4000
RAM 16MB (recommended Corsair)

I'm trying for days already and still stuck to either safe mode or that famos AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport ...

Tried different BIOS settings, upgraded BIOS, using DVI cable, reinstalled several times...

I'm thinking that maybe bluetooth is causing problems, because got kernel panic once messing with bluetooth. But even if I remove the card - still stuck.

Seem that I really need some help!

Veiksmi,
Janis

Did you turn off Vt-d in the BIOS? Does the system boots ok in safe mode? What options did you pick when running Multi-beast?

Hi,

Yes, I turned Vt-d off in BIOS.
Yes, system boots ok in safe mode.
I did several installs trying to play with Multibeast. But by default - recommended ones - without DSDT + network + sound drivers.

Veiksmi,
Jānis

Hi,

Yes, I turned Vt-d off in BIOS.
Yes, system boots ok in safe mode.
I did several installs trying to play with Multibeast. But by default - recommended ones - without DSDT + network + sound drivers.

Veiksmi,
Jānis

Solved my situation - thanks to PJALM made patches :) thanks!!!

hey guys...i am on my 5th customac mini build for family / friends that have mac laptops but want a desktop as well.

I use the Z77N-Wifi ITX board from Gigabyte

I am building one that does not have a Video card, just using HD4000

HD4000 is recognized but I can't get the proper injection to work for 1080p nor a 2560x1600 dell monitor. it seems stuck at 1280x800 even if i try and force the resolution in the .plist

Any Thoughts

Thanks

Greg

Back