Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Are you using ethernet cable or you replaced wifi mini pcie card?
Some posts ago on this thread some user said that delay on usb was related to network! I am thinking now maybe he was right...

I can confirm, the USB delay is definitely a network-related issue. Actually the delay goes completely away when you switch to an ethernet connection. If you can't - there is still an option to get rid of the nasty delay, but I'd rather won't recommend it - people would laugh at me probably if I do.;)

I've just completed construction of the CustoMAC Mini, going by the letter as far as recommend parts, Mountain Lion, etc. And the machine boots and runs perfectly when I use the Unibeast USB drive (and its drivers, etc). When I attempt to use MultiBeast and boot off the hard drive, things mostly work, except videos on web sites hang a few seconds into them and I have no audio.

So, any chance of getting the Multibeast settings posted for the bare bones, by-the-recipe, CustoMAC Mini ?

Thanks. - Terry V.

Hello guys, great build, all working as expected (GA H77-N wifi, 8gb DDR, SSD). One question: if i increase video card memory size (HD4000) i get kp. The only working value seems to be 64MB. How could i solve this (looks like no 3d acceleration also). On system report i get Intel HD2500 instead of HD4000

Hello guys, great build, all working as expected (GA H77-N wifi, 8gb DDR, SSD). One question: if i increase video card memory size (HD4000) i get kp. The only working value seems to be 64MB. How could i solve this (looks like no 3d acceleration also).

Just keep that option default (64mb I think). ML doesn't use that option. It will work 512mb...
Just add the 1080p option on multibeast and reboot..

Just keep that option default (64mb I think). ML doesn't use that option. It will work 512mb...
Just add the 1080p option on multibeast and reboot..

done that .. should i use one more time multi beast?

You can use multibeast all times u want/need...

done that several times with 1080p option also used proper dsdt file ..system information still shows me HD2500 64mb instead of HD4000..video files in safari flicker :(

I installed a i3-3225 on a GA-H77N-WIFI board, followed the guide to the letter. Video memory is set to 64MB but when I boot into the desktop the graphics are messed up completely, I can't see anything. Tried increasing the video memory but the screen got only worse.

I am using a VGA monitor though, plugged into the DVI output (using a DVI to VGA converter), could this be the culprit? The converter and the monitor are both working fine, they work with other hardware.

So finally i realised my processor i5 3570 has HD2500 not HD4000. So no QE/CI acceleration. Got to buy video card now :)

Back