Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Autosleep works pretty well with the PleaseSleep utility. Not an ideal solutions, but it works.
Also, I have found a workaround for the 3-5 sec USB mouse/keyboard delay after wakeup, but it's not nice either.

Interesting, I downloaded it and I'm giving it a try, thank you!

Plot thickens:

No VT-d setting in the bios. Same bios/board as bitdoctor's Mac Pro Mini build. Manual says VT-d option only shows for processors that support VT-d. Does my 3570k not support that so that's why it's not listed?

Bitdoctor also had a boot problem very similar if not identical to my own until he disabled VT-d. But I can't, it's just not there.

Ideas? Should I still reformat/reinstall?

Intel® Core™ i5-3570K has VT-x but not the VT-d according to what I am reading online.

Some of you talk about rolling your own dsdt. What's wrong with the official one that's posted on the site? I have sleep issues with my build, I can wake the machine up using a usb keyboard but bluetooth is a no go.

hmm, digging around in the bluetooth config, the option to wake using bluetooth device is grayed out. Back to google for me.

Thanks tonymac! I finally got around to building my first hackintosh and i am extremely happy with it. This guide and the help fromt this community has made troubleshooting issues very easy.

Here are my specs:
Core i3 3225 w/ HD 4000
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
OCZ Vertex 4
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
ML 10.8

Has anyone had any luck getting WOL working? The docs for the realtek driver say that wol is supported but I can't get it to respond.

This is puzzling me, I've got a 3570k and Z77 Wifi Board (with the atheros Wifi Card replacing the centrino) and Nvidia 660Ti, everything worked fine, including sound, and was installed using the no DSDT method outlined at the start of this thread. I upgraded to 10.8.2 as soon as I installed the build and re-ran Multibeast and everything was still fine in November and has been fine until now, but in the last day or so, I've now got no sound. I've tried re-installing the Multibeast Sound, removing the kexts that are modified and starting over, and everything in between but still no sound. All my sound devices are showing in sys profiler and sys prefs and nothing has changed with the install in that time. I have another identical machine with a i3 3225 which is exactly the same apart from the processor and only having 8Gb Ram instead of 16, and this has had all the same updates installed and no issues.

Where do I start to troubleshoot this?

Have you tried disabling the kext cache on boot with -f ?

Thanks tonymac! I finally got around to building my first hackintosh and i am extremely happy with it. This guide and the help fromt this community has made troubleshooting issues very easy.

Here are my specs:
Core i3 3225 w/ HD 4000
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
OCZ Vertex 4
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
ML 10.8

Donating to Tony would be a great way to say thanks, and assure he'll continue to work on updates!

Okay some success finally with wol, I used an apple usb to ethernet device and it works like a charm. So that now only leaves bluetooth. I could buy one of these dongles but it seems pretty crazy to have to get something sent all the way from the states:-

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/230919820682?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

Does anyone know of any other alternatives?

scratch that, I've found one:-

http://www.atpeaz.com/index.php/2012/using-unsupported-bluetooth-4-0-usb-dongle-with-os-x/

So wol works, but not wake on demand. I've been trying to completely disable the ethernet device when I do the app store breaks with "an unknown error occurred." Does anyone know how I can reset the app store somehow to stop it checking for this physical ethernet device?

Okay so I've looked into this and it seems that the problem is that the usb ethernet dongle isn't registered as built-in.

Back