Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

I am really not sure what is not working on your setup, but based on your last post it really seems like your bootloader is not correctly installed. Make sure to download latest MultiBeast, then re-run it with identical settings as what is illustrated in post #1 of this thread. If you don't need HDMI audio, don't put any DSDT file on your desktop and use the options illustrated in the DSDT-Free screenshot.

(By the way, if you only want to install Chimera with MultiBeast, it should be listed under "Drivers & Bootloaders -> Bootloaders"; Boot options are under "Customization -> Boot Options". I'd suggest you stick with settings in post #1 until you machine works properly.)

Deleted HDAenabler.text like recommended on Post #1. Reran Multibeast 5.2.1 with exact settings. No go. Ran Chimera update alone. Still no go. Where is that vt-d setting in the bios? Will try that.

First of all, thanks to everyone that worked and still works so hard to make all of this possible. The community is simply amazing!
I'm about to build my first hackintosh and i was wondering if instead of using the TP Link WDN4800 wifi card for native wifi and the bluetooth that works out of the box with gibabyte's H77N-WIFI, i could use a half mini pci-e card with wifi and bluetooth 4.0 integrated? So i could have both working natively under the same card... is that possible?
Below a few card options, i just don't know if they would work...

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/110970787980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321026689867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251109016335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Thanks for all the help!
Cheers!

Ran Clover to fix iMessage login problem. Was secretly hoping that it would fix the boot issue, but it still hangs without booting Chameleon. I remember reading another post someplace about settings in the bios needing to boot legacy, not UEFI or whatever. Could this be the case? Seriously thinking of scrapping it and starting fresh with 10.8.2 and seeing what happens.

Deleted HDAenabler.text like recommended on Post #1. Reran Multibeast 5.2.1 with exact settings. No go. Ran Chimera update alone. Still no go. Where is that vt-d setting in the bios? Will try that.

Hey, I'm using a TP Link + Mini PCIe bluetooth (the included one with the unsupported wifi). I actually bought an additional bluetooth USB dongle cause I didn't understand that the onboard bluetooth was supported when I bought the board. If you can't find a wifi + bluetooth PCIe card that's natively supported then you might want to check out a natively supported USB.

I have this:
http://www.amazon.com/Targus-USB-Bluetooth%C2%AE-Adapter-ACB10US/dp/B0002K6RK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358962492&sr=8-1&keywords=argus+bluetooth

Pretty cheap. Supported natively. V small.

In regards to your machine. Would to be so kind as to tell me your install method and setup step by step to get 10.8.2 running without any issues? I'm running 10.8 and have everything working except as you can see in the posts below I cannot boot the machine by itself. Have to boot off Chameleon OS X flash drive and then select the HDD. Boots fine then but without that flash I cannot boot the machine. V frustrating. Thanks!

First of all, thanks to everyone that worked and still works so hard to make all of this possible. The community is simply amazing!
I'm about to build my first hackintosh and i was wondering if instead of using the TP Link WDN4800 wifi card for native wifi and the bluetooth that works out of the box with gibabyte's H77N-WIFI, i could use a half mini pci-e card with wifi and bluetooth 4.0 integrated? So i could have both working natively under the same card... is that possible?
Below a few card options, i just don't know if they would work...

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/110970787980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321026689867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251109016335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Thanks for all the help!
Cheers!

I haven't in fact built the machine yet, i'm studying how to replace the original intel half mini pci-e wifi and bluetooth card for one that actually has both working natively.
Since i haven't built it yet, for now i can only share the components that i'm about to use:
  1. Intel Core i5-3570K
  2. Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
  3. 8 GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 (KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G)
  4. Kingston HyperX 3K 3000 120GB SSD (SH103S3/120G)
  5. LG HL CT30F 6x Blu-ray combo 3D player BD-ROM Slim SATA
  6. And for the native wifi and bluetooth, i'm still researching some card to replace the original intel's half mini pci-e where i'd have both working natively and if i can't find it, i'll probably go with the TP Link WDN4800 for native wifi and use the already existing native bluetooth that everyone says it works out of the box.

And for the setup itself, i'll follow step by step bitdoctor's successful build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...te-ga-h77n-wifi-hd-4000-16-gb-256-gb-ssd.html

And as soon as i build it, i'll be posting my experience...

Cheers!

According to my manual, it is in the BIOS Features tab, about 3/4 down the page.

I haven't in fact built the machine yet, i'm studying how to replace the original intel half mini pci-e wifi and bluetooth card for one that actually has both working natively.
Since i haven't built it yet, for now i can only share the components that i'm about to use:
  1. Intel Core i5-3570K
  2. Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
  3. 8 GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 (KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G)
  4. Kingston HyperX 3K 3000 120GB SSD (SH103S3/120G)
  5. LG HL CT30F 6x Blu-ray combo 3D player BD-ROM Slim SATA
  6. And for the native wifi and bluetooth, i'm still researching some card to replace the original intel's half mini pci-e where i'd have both working natively and if i can't find it, i'll probably go with the TP Link WDN4800 for native wifi and use the already existing native bluetooth that everyone says it works out of the box.

And for the setup itself, i'll follow step by step bitdoctor's successful build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...te-ga-h77n-wifi-hd-4000-16-gb-256-gb-ssd.html

And as soon as i build it, i'll be posting my experience...

Cheers!

Two comments about your components:
1. Research on this site about your Blu-Ray drive. There is a surprising amount of optical drives that can prevent your computer from automatically going to sleep. In some cases, you need to leave a disc in the tray for sleep to work. In some cases there is nothing to do about it. My LG Blu-Ray drive requires a disc in the tray to allow correct system auto-sleep.

2. The TP Link is an option, but you can also consider replacing the mini-pcie board by one that has working wifi (see last portion of post #1), and use the IOGear USB Bluetooth adapter, which apparently will allow your computer to wake up from sleep. And it leaves your PCIe slot free for future expansion.

I'll be looking into that. Thanks!

Someone please rescue me.

Running H77 Wifi, Core i5 3570k, TP Link Wifi, onboard Intel 4000 and that's about it.

System works great except for very stutter-y bluetooth mouse performance. Haven't tried HDMI yet, DVI works perfect at 1080p.

But the system will not boot on it's own still. Needs the bootable OSX drive to Chameleon screen and then select bootable hard drive. It's more of an annoyance than anything, but really... why can't I get this to work?

I've done multibeast DSDT free mostly, tried DSDT but got an error. Dont' think that's the problem anyways. Ran Chimera afterwards, same issue. I really think it has to be a motherboard setting?

Are all your systems booting fine with no motherboard setting changes? Please help...

There are BIOS settings elsewhere on the forums for this series gigabyte motherboard, suggest you go through those settings and reinstall from scratch. I had no issues except I had to boot -x to get to the installer and sleep doesn't work unless I manually put it to sleep, but I am running the Z77 not the H77.

In regards to your machine. Would to be so kind as to tell me your install method and setup step by step to get 10.8.2 running without any issues? I'm running 10.8 and have everything working except as you can see in the posts below I cannot boot the machine by itself. Have to boot off Chameleon OS X flash drive and then select the HDD. Boots fine then but without that flash I cannot boot the machine. V frustrating. Thanks!

I'll try to summarize from what I remember what I did, hopefully it can help:

1. Prepared the USB 2.0 drive with 10.8.2 & Unibeast. Also had MultiBeast downloaded to this USB key, along with the DSDT from the database because I wanted HDMI audio.
2. My system had only the i3-3225, 2x4GB RAM DIMM, 1 HDD connected to the first SATA port, USB keyboard & mouse. Display connected to the bottom HDMI port.
3. In the BIOS, load optimized defaults.
4. In the BIOS, set Enable Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) to profile 1 (else my memory was underclocked, but the system worked with both settings).
5. Save and exit BIOS (you might want to adjust the VT-d setting; my CPU does not support it so it is automatically disabled for me).
6. Hit F12 and select the USB drive to boot.
7. In the boot loader, selected the UniBeast (don't remember exact name) partition.
7. Once the installer is booted, went to Disk Utility to partition my hard drive, making sure the partition table scheme was set to GUID via the options button, and the file system was Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I don't recommend using case-sensitive FS since some apps don't expect it and can cause some odd issues.
8. Quit the Disk Utility to go back to the installer.
9. Proceed with the installation.
10. Once the system reboots, hit F12 again to select the USB drive;
11. In the boot loader menu, select your newly installed OSX partition on your hard drive; I might have needed to type -x for the boot to complete at this point.
12. Proceed with the new computer & user setup wizard, skipping the registration.
13. Accessing the USB drive, copied the DSDT file to my desktop without renaming it (so it still has the same name as downloaded from the database and is longer than DSDT.aml).
14. Ran MultiBeast selecting the hard drive system partition as the installation target and used the exact same settings as in post #1 in the screenshot "with DSDT".
15. This will pop up the Linux2Mac network driver installation wizard, which you also need to complete at this point.
16. Once the Linux2Mac installation is completed, you will be prompted to reboot.

At this point I could boot to the hard drive without the USB and the system worked OK (some wake-from-sleep issues but this aside, it was working great). Once you are at this point (i.e. booting system that you use used a a while to make sure everything appears to work ok), you can begin to connect other hardware. Always best to start with a minimal setup, make it work, and add extra hardware one by one so you know which piece is causing problems.

I left out the 2 TB and larger hard drive boot fix that I had to do to make the system work, but I did it as a final step.

Hopefully you can use this info as a rough guide to get your system running ok. Good luck!

edit: step 2: specified how my display was connected.

Back