Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

New member with first build reporting success!

Well, everything I've tested so far works! ;)

I first looked at Hackintoshing a few years ago, but at that time it was far too complex, and getting compatible parts in the UK was troublesome. However, my old dual G5 was starting to get unreliable, and an upgrade was needed, so I decided to have another look. So I came here, and decided to give it a go, and thanks to all you folks, I have a new Mac. :thumbup:

OK, I decided that I didn't want to do this half assed, so I saw TigerDirect had a Samsung 120gb SSD on sale for 90 bucks and they have a local store so I zipped down there and bought one. I also decided to use a second drive to dual boot Windows 7 for the hell of it.

I started over from scratch and reinstalled using the one USB stick that was working the last time. Install this time went without a hitch using -X at the first prompt from Unibeast because that worked for me last time. No issues at all on the install this time.

Asking whoever started the first post though to correct the screenshot because Chimera Bootloader NEEDS TO BE SELECTED when you install Multibeast. It may be obvious to some people but it's not to newbies.

Asking whoever started the first post though to correct the screenshot because Chimera Bootloader NEEDS TO BE SELECTED when you install Multibeast. It may be obvious to some people but it's not to newbies.
Chimera must be selected if you do not select UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation. Both EasyBeast and UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation install Chimera meaning you do not need to select Chimera separately.

Chimera must be selected if you do not select UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation. Both EasyBeast and UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation install Chimera meaning you do not need to select Chimera separately.

Thanks brother I had no idea.

Question for all the experts, if I want to add a nice midrange graphics card from the build list like theGeForce GT 640, all I need to do is add the card and run multibeast and find the drivers there? Do I also need to do something due to the HD4000 already being enabled? I'll read through the thread again also to see if I missed something.

I think after reading through the article I may have located another issue. I tried my Galaxy Note 2 *USB 3* in the back USB 3 ports and it wasn't recognized, I didn't think about maybe the port isn't working at all or not working with any USB 3 devices. I'll test it with a USB3 stick tonight.

LOL. Even apple thinks I have a new Mac Pro. Got an email welcome to our new mac Pro.

My machine will only sleep if I hit the apple logo and select sleep. It won't sleep with the power settings. It DOES wake up fine from sleep. Also the USB3 does work on the back with my USB3 stick but it won't recognize my GNOTE2 which is USB3.

I am lost!!!! Everything is working just fine...BUT..there is always a BUT...Anyways...When I a connect a secondary hard drive my system looks up on the Gigabyte Bios Screen. Without second hard drive connected my system runs smooth like butter. Any advice? I have tried my things. I don't want to reformat my drive. I have sensitive data that cannot be lost. Thank you!

My slow wake up issue is back again, and this time what appeared to fix the problem in my post #358 in this thread is not working. :(

My slow wake up issue is back again, and this time what appeared to fix the problem in my post #358 in this thread is not working. :(

Try making your own DSDT. I haven't had the issue since I did that.

Back