Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

VGA won't work even with the DVI-VGA adaptor. There is no analog output from HD4000 once graphics acceleration is turned on.

So I have to buy a new monitor? Anyway mountain lion doesn't even recognize HD 4000, how can I make ML see it first?

So I have to buy a new monitor? Anyway mountain lion doesn't even recognize HD 4000, how can I make ML see it first?

yihaaaa!! thank you very much guys :headbang::D using a DVI monitor fixed the problem for me!! thank you very much. this is great. now i'm ready to set everything up :headbang:

EDIT: I even have OOB sleep support now - super awesome.

Are you using the bottom HDMI port on the motherboard?

I had a few wrinkles when setting up, I had more success running Multibeast (with Tony's custom DSDT) and with the Samsung HDTV I use plugged into the upper HDMI port, then rebooting and swapping the cable to the lower HDMI port. I've no idea why, but it seems to help on my set-up.

Everything works splendidly on my system *except* for iTunes playback of HD content I've bought. No matter what (I've tried the 32 bit setting fixes, various system definitions & other things that are supposed to help) it tells me my display is not HDCP compliant. I'm probably going to try with the GT 640 I own but I always find the HDMI edits/fixes a bit tricky/soul-destroying, TBH.

I don't think there is a tutorial for the BIOS, I followed The Lost Swede's guide for 7 series boards and that seemed to help with my setup:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Awesome!! I tried the bottom HDMI Port. Everything works great suddenly!! Appreciate your help Wibbler! Thanks a lot!!!

Just finished my first Hackintosh/Windows 7 dual boot using this guide.

i7-3770
GA-H77N-WIFI
4gb x 2 Mushkin Blackline Memory
BITFENIX PRODIGY
Sapphire HD5770
OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB SSD-boot drive
Seagate 320gb HDD-storage only
Corsair HX650 PSU
Samsung DVD Burner

Install went very smoothly for a first timer. Downloaded ML from a macbook pro. Installed on USB drive with unibeast. Fired up the build with only 1 4gb stick of memory. No dvd burner or graphics card at first. Setup the bios. Couldn't get the installer to load at first, forgot to disable VT-whatever. Loaded right up after that. Installed with no DSDT at first. Kept getting a scrambled display after running multibeast. Was able to get back in using safe mode. Had to use the GraphicsEnabler=no boot flag. Installed the other 4gb stick of memory, dvd drive and hd5770. Had graphics right away even with GraphicsEnabler=yes. Went in to Disk Utility and shrank the SSD partition to 125GB, formatted the other 128gb to Fat32 or whatever windows would recognize. Installed Windows 7 on the partition. Reran Multibeast and installed only the bootloader. Dual boot working great at this point. Renamed the windows partion in windows to "Windows 7" so Chimera will show that instead of NTFS partion. Installed the Seagate storage drive, now bootloader shows 3 drives to choose from even though only 2 are bootable. All the guides kept saying to edit apple.com.boot.plist. Found out that is now called org.chameleon.boot.plist. :rolleyes: Didn't realize you can just add entries to this file. Added entry to hide the partition that I renamed storage in Windows. Added entry to have Windows start by default and lengthened the timeout setting to 4 seconds. Computer is now dual booted and wife friendly. Hooked the TV up to the HDMI port on the graphics card. No HDMI on the TV. :( Of course through research I found you have no HDMI audio without a edited DSDT. I downloaded the pre-edited DSDT from the data base, reran multibeast with DSDT. Still no audio. Also noticed computer would now wake from sleep properly. The computer would turn on but the monitor stayed off. Changed the darkwake setting to 10 on boot.plist. Sleeps great now. Kept trying to change the layout id to see hdmi sound preferences to no avail. Thanks to Toleda for the assist. You still have to mod the DSDT if you're not using HD4000 for video. Ran the patcher scripts with DSDT Editor. HDMI audio is good to go now! Installed Fuse for OSX, NTFS-3G, and patch for error when starting OSX in order to use the storage drive. Woot!

Everything works except the onboard wifi. I have my system hooked up via a lan cable and would rather have the onboard Bluetooth. Thus far I am very satisfied with the system. I want to that Tonymac and Toleda for their invaluable info in this build.

Sounds great. Thanks for the guide, I would really need some help on dual boot. You summing up is really good.

3TB Secondary Hard drive - Win 7

Now I got my customac mini 2012 up and running, thinking about adding a 3TB secondary hard drive (Western Digital WD30EZRX) and install win 7 on it....to Dual boot.

Any caution / warning is appreciated.

I hope everything works great. THanks!!

yihaaaa!! thank you very much guys :headbang::D using a DVI monitor fixed the problem for me!! thank you very much. this is great. now i'm ready to set everything up :headbang:

EDIT: I even have OOB sleep support now - super awesome.

Uhm.. With motherboard gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h and intel i3-3225 to make mountain lion recognize HD 4000 with QE/CI I just have to get a DVI monitor? o_O any DSDT? What did you select on multibeast? And would it works with an adapter or I must use another monitor?
thx :)

Hey guys,
Does everyone's USB 3.0 ports work on boot? I got a Startech USB 3.0 NIC bc the Realtek one sucks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114074

This WORKS but not on boot. I have to unplug it and plug it back in. Anyone else have this issue with USB 3.0 devices?

Just an update, this works in the USB 2.0 ports on boot. Also, a hard drive plugged into the USB 3.0 works on boot. I tried this on my MacBook Air, plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, it works on boot.

Just an update, this works in the USB 2.0 ports on boot. Also, a hard drive plugged into the USB 3.0 works on boot. I tried this on my MacBook Air, plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, it works on boot.
Have you tried it when connected to a USB 3.0 hub which is connected to a USB 3.0 port?
If that works (for example USB 2.0 hard drives do) it would be interesting to look into System Information and see where in the USB device tree it's ending up.

Back