Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Everything - including sleep triggered manually or by the system, and wake up work fine?

If so, then I'll have another go at it. I've been installing 10.8.0 and updating to 10.8.2.

Do you use the same MultiBeast settings as those in post #1? Linux2Mac network driver or the realtek one?

Alexouille,

Can you provide a short step by step as to what you did exactly (even have the same hardware too). I have a mostly working system, but still a few little problems - mostly associated with sound (like, HDMI works fine, but not any other audio - that is no external speaker, or headphone working, just HDMI audio) or ethernet (Both ports seem active, take a cable, but default to a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx machine assigned IP address, not a network dhcp assigned IP - and even if manually set, no communication. Once that's resolved, I think I will be 99%!

Thanks.

Thanks but no chance with -x :confused:
I am good to reformat everything. I think I should make a partition for the next time ;)
On 1TB, how much space should you recommend for OSX?

Thank you again,
Alex

Alexouille,

Can you provide a short step by step as to what you did exactly (even have the same hardware too). I have a mostly working system, but still a few little problems - mostly associated with sound (like, HDMI works fine, but not any other audio - that is no external speaker, or headphone working, just HDMI audio) or ethernet (Both ports seem active, take a cable, but default to a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx machine assigned IP address, not a network dhcp assigned IP - and even if manually set, no communication. Once that's resolved, I think I will be 99%!

Thanks.

I remember I got this network problem at my first setup attempt using Linux2Mac drivers. Connecting one network port to a Airport Express and got a IP address fine, but connecting to my other TrendNet router produced local link auto-assigned address starting with 169. Second attempt I used RealTek network drivers and did not get this issue. On my current setup I am using Linux2Mac drivers and this did not reappear. Perhaps you can try to remove all "Ethernet" devices in the Network Panel of the System Preferences, then click apply. Next, add one (or two if you need both ports) Ethernet service, and click apply to see if it will work better. I think I tried this last time and it did not work, but I am not sure. I have no idea why this is not happening to me anymore.

I'll check if other audio outputs work on my machine.

I uninstalled linux2mac driver and added the gigabit ethernet driver from multibeast. It works fine now, but only the port on the right. One is enough I guess.

I remember I got this network problem at my first setup attempt using Linux2Mac drivers. Connecting one network port to a Airport Express and got a IP address fine, but connecting to my other TrendNet router produced local link auto-assigned address starting with 169. Second attempt I used RealTek network drivers and did not get this issue. On my current setup I am using Linux2Mac drivers and this did not reappear. Perhaps you can try to remove all "Ethernet" devices in the Network Panel of the System Preferences, then click apply. Next, add one (or two if you need both ports) Ethernet service, and click apply to see if it will work better. I think I tried this last time and it did not work, but I am not sure. I have no idea why this is not happening to me anymore.

I'll check if other audio outputs work on my machine.

Thank you so much!!! Been trying for 3 days off and on and could not figure it out. Disabled vt-d and it booted right up with full hd4000 support!!

Disabled vt-d and it booted right up with full hd4000 support!!
Yeah, most of our processors don't actually have VT-d (which is different from VT-x).

Incidentally, I had some more wins with my H77N-WIFI video last night. Had a Dell U2410 connected via DVI-D. Connected its HDMI port to the machine as well, and OS X automatically found the new monitor and extended the desktop to it. Glad to see that works.
Having to switch inputs to see the other half of the desktop is not very useful of itself, but it was just a step along the path. I then disconnected the DVI-D (and the OS detected that too, switching all operations over to HDMI). Then connected a second (DVI-only) monitor to the DVI port and got the 2-screen setup I was after. No reboots/etc required, optimal resolution auto-detected, etc.
Very happy to see the normal OS X experience is working here!

OK,

Still no luck getting HDMI audio out...

I have done a fresh install,

I've put dsdt on desktop and run Multibeast with advised settings - one time renaming the dsdt to just "dsdt.aml" and another time leaving it as is.

Everything works and boots, but no HDMI recognition at all. Doesn't show up in the System Preferences.

I can only try again by fresh installing. Any re-run of Multibeast means I get the white Apple screen and eternal spinning wheel when I reboot.

I have the H77N board and the i3 3225 processor suggested for the Customac. What could be different?

Anyone got any ideas?

Sorry for the noob question but I was looking at this for a Christmas build for my son and noticed the geekbench results are for 32bit tryout mode. Is there a problem with running in 64bit mode? I appreciate this article states ¨Guide and Notes (in progress)¨
Many thanks.

Sorry for the noob question but I was looking at this for a Christmas build for my son and noticed the geekbench results are for 32bit tryout mode. Is there a problem with running in 64bit mode? I appreciate this article states ¨Guide and Notes (in progress)¨
Many thanks.

No it's not a problem. You have to pay, if you want to use the 64 Bit Benchmark test....

OK,

Still no luck getting HDMI audio out...

I have done a fresh install,

I've put dsdt on desktop and run Multibeast with advised settings - one time renaming the dsdt to just "dsdt.aml" and another time leaving it as is.

Everything works and boots, but no HDMI recognition at all. Doesn't show up in the System Preferences.

I can only try again by fresh installing. Any re-run of Multibeast means I get the white Apple screen and eternal spinning wheel when I reboot.

I have the H77N board and the i3 3225 processor suggested for the Customac. What could be different?

Anyone got any ideas?

Can you please boot with Unibeast. In the installer you can run the Terminal.

Please check, if you have the FakeSMC installed under /Volumes/Mountain Lion/System/Library/Extensions

If not, you need to copy the kext file from FakeSMC into this directory.

Back