Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

I had problems with getting my wired ethernet to work after i installed the Atheros wireless card in the GA-Z77N-wifi. The answer was to change my system definition from Mac mini to iMac 12.2

I had the opposite experience with system definitions. I originally used iMac 12,2 per BitterMelon's thread, but when my LAN ports wouldn't activate I switched to Mac Pro (3,1) and they started working. I lost them again at some point with the Mac Pro definitions, but recreating the connections in Network Preferences and a reboot brought them back this time. In general the LAN ports seem really flaky on this board, so I'm hoping this gets fixed in a future bios update. Is anyone using the official Realtek drivers?

I noticed Tony is not specifying any particular definition in the above MultiBeast screen, does that mean it defaults to MacPro (3,1)?

Update: I had an Atheros 9280 card so I swapped it into my system. On reboot the LAN ports had stopped working just like you described. Like before I could get them working by recreating the interfaces in Network Preferences and rebooting.

Hey Guys, i need some help... My rig is as follows.

i5 2500k
HD3000
GA-Z77n WIFI
random ram and ssds
prodigy...
other stuff that doesn't matter...

I cant get graphics acceleration to work, so launchpad freaks out and youtube doesnt work...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Also, if you are building a dual boot with Mountain Lion and Windows 7, it is critical that the first partition be Windows 7 or it will not install correctly and will stall with your Windows install.

Interesting. Windows 7 is the third partition on my drive and it installed just fine. I originally partitioned the drive with Disk Utility. Installed ML first using UniBeast. Installed Win7 from DVD a few days later with no problems. Of course my machine would only boot into Win7, so I just had to run MultiBeast to reinstall Chimera so that I could boot from either partition.

-bth

Hey Guys, i need some help... My rig is as follows.

i5 2500k
HD3000
GA-Z77n WIFI

I cant get graphics acceleration to work, so launchpad freaks out and youtube doesnt work...

Any help would be much appreciated...

You are running a Sandy Bridge processor on a board that is aimed for Ivy Bridge processors. From a Hackintosh standpoint, a Sandy Bridge CPU works best on an Intel 6-series chipset based motherboard. A 7-series board like the GA-77N-WIFI will run a Sandy Bridge CPU, but getting the on-CPU HD-3000 graphics to work properly is not as easy as it is with an Ivy Bridge CPU with HD-4000 graphics.

Here is a guide that might help you: http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html

It gives instructions on how to enable graphics on 7-Series/Sandy Bridge CPU and 6-Series/IvyBridge CPU combinations.

Good Luck,
-bth

Tried that, I'm just gonna save up for a 660 TI power edition by MSI

SUCCESS!
So I got the parts today. H77N-Wifi and i3-3225 and it worked like a charm using UniBeast.
I started using the USB 3.0 ports but that didn't work out so I went with USB 2.0 and it was like installing on a real Mac ;)
After that started up MultiBeast, used Tony's settings, reboot and it was done.
Had a little issue with ethernet when plugging it in first but after a reboot everything was fine.
Still I am waiting for a fix to get audio over HDMI... but I am confident there's something coming ;)

THANK YOU Tony!

great build !!!

but it is hard for a noob getting hdmi audio and 5.1 audio out

rest is easy thanks to tonys multibeast - thanks tony!!!

is there somebody that also have this board with hd 4000 ( i3 3225)

that can help me out with his dsdt.aml with working audio (hmdi and or evtl spdif out)

for testing -

that would be great.

thanks

regards

and thanks to all that helps here and extra thanks to tony

I apologize in advance if this is an ignorant question. I have followed the guides and purchased the recommended build for the Mini. Unfortunately the sleep is being wonky. When it sleeps, instead of powering down, my fans continue to run and computer stays on, and when I try to bring it back from sleep, I end up having to hold down the power button to get it to shut down and restart. I am not a complete idiot with computers., but am somewhat new to this scene, so if someone wouldn't mind lending me some advice I would greatly appreciate it!

EDIT: I have done a little research and it appears that the only way to fix this is using PleaseSleep. Is there any other way to make the computer autosleep and not just the HDD and Monitors?

Unfortunately the sleep is being wonky. When it sleeps, instead of powering down, my fans continue to run and computer stays on, and when I try to bring it back from sleep, I end up having to hold down the power button to get it to shut down and restart.

Sleep was touch and go on mine, but it seems to have stabilized. I can't tell you what I did exactly, but I have recently gone from using the included Bluetooth/Wifi card to an Atheros Wifi card, and a seperate Apple Bluetooth chip (A1114). If you have time maybe try puling out the included card and see if it helps.

Back