Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm using my 3.5mm speaker port from my motherboard (z77n model). Audio works fine, but every now and then I get a weird popping noise. Any idea how I can fix this?

Motherboard
GA-H170N
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm using my 3.5mm speaker port from my motherboard (z77n model). Audio works fine, but every now and then I get a weird popping noise. Any idea how I can fix this?
Use macpro 3.1 smbios.

Motherboard
Maosx
CPU
core i7
Graphics
GT120
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello, i am new in hackintosh world and i have the same configurataion of you (Ga-Z77N Wifi, icore 7 3,4 Ghz, SSD 256 + HD 1 To + HD4000 64 Mb) but don't start at the boot : error mach-kernel : so please someone could send a archive of your Extra folder to have a good work and a good boot for me. Thank you. Best regards. Thierry from france (Bordeaux) :rolleyes:

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I have been using optical out for audio for quite some time due to the fact that the DSDT for HDMI Audio would not wake from sleep under 10mins.

So I had some time today and extracted my DSDT, added HDMI patch from toleda's editing kit. Works perfectly and added a patch for sleep. It is working like a charm. I thought if any of you are having issues with sleep that I would post my DSDT.aml here. Motherboard H77n-Wifi Bios version F2. Use at your own risk.

Attachments

Motherboard
Windows 8.1 & OS X 10.10.x
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 780 OC
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I've just built myself a new system with the same motherboard, a 2500k and a gtx660ti - and after installing and running multibeast, it will no longer boot past the white apple screen... I've reinstalled and reinstalled and does the same thing every single time. I have been using the nondst install method as I don't care for the HDMI audio. Am I missing something? As on my old install on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i nondst installed with just the realtek ethernet and audio and it ran fine..

Its messing with my head! lol

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I've just built myself a new system with the same motherboard, a 2500k and a gtx660ti - and after installing and running multibeast, it will no longer boot past the white apple screen... I've reinstalled and reinstalled and does the same thing every single time. I have been using the nondst install method as I don't care for the HDMI audio. Am I missing something? As on my old install on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 i nondst installed with just the realtek ethernet and audio and it ran fine..

Its messing with my head! lol
You are using a SandyBridge processor with an IvyBridge Motherboard. Also your Graphics card requires the GraphicsEnabler=No boot Flag. Default MultiBeast is Yes.

Take a look at Post #6 in this link NO MONITOR SIGNAL!!! I can no longer get to BIOS or USB BOOT KEY after changing BIOS settings

Also try installing without your 660 and add it after install.

tonymacx86 - Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards ...

Are you installing Lion or Mountain Lion?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
No problem. Remember that if you are going to install your 660 you will need GraphicsEnabler=No but I would suggest that you get your system how you want it then install the 660. If you need any help with MultiBeast then let me know.

I could use some help, I ran multibeast as the guide sad to do. I installed all the appropriate drivers. Now the computer will boot straight into mountain lion, except the boot fails unless i press -x to boot into safe mode. what do I do?

-thanks

wildwillow

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+R9 380 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS, Other
I could use some help, I ran multibeast as the guide sad to do. I installed all the appropriate drivers. Now the computer will boot straight into mountain lion, except the boot fails unless i press -x to boot into safe mode. what do I do?

-thanks
Please elaborate on boot fails, what happens? screen garbled, infinitive spinning wheel. Kernel Panic?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Good question, I think it was a Kernal panic, lots of text on a white/gray background
Should I take a picture?