Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Motherboard
Hack Mini
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Well bluetooth as a wireless standard needs an antenna too... Only one is needed in this case, connected to the left plug (if I remember correctly) when facing the back ports of the motherboard.

Plugged in both antennas. Lag gone. THANK YOU! Hate my wired mouse.

Some people reported that they had to turn off "vt-d" in the BIOS for the system to boot. However, since you are able to boot it using a bootloader on a USB drive, I doubt that this is your issue.

Can you detail a bit what is happening when you try to boot your system using the hard drive?

On any restart or shutdown/reboot I see the motherboard splash screen, then this:

>00000080
<00000002
000000C1
*<00064028
J_

Blinking cursor after the J. Won't go further. Thanks for your thoughts.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R / Gigabyte H77N-Wifi
CPU
i7-950 / i3-3225
Graphics
Nvidia 8400GS (Asus fanless) / HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
jonnybleu;536661Basically I left all bios settings alone (had messed with them to try to get things to work but restored them to default) and ran non-DSDT Multibeast and Chimera after that (there's no Chimera setting on my Multibeast said:
I am really not sure what is not working on your setup, but based on your last post it really seems like your bootloader is not correctly installed. Make sure to download latest MultiBeast, then re-run it with identical settings as what is illustrated in post #1 of this thread. If you don't need HDMI audio, don't put any DSDT file on your desktop and use the options illustrated in the DSDT-Free screenshot.

(By the way, if you only want to install Chimera with MultiBeast, it should be listed under "Drivers & Bootloaders -> Bootloaders"; Boot options are under "Customization -> Boot Options". I'd suggest you stick with settings in post #1 until you machine works properly.)

Motherboard
Hack Mini
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am really not sure what is not working on your setup, but based on your last post it really seems like your bootloader is not correctly installed. Make sure to download latest MultiBeast, then re-run it with identical settings as what is illustrated in post #1 of this thread. If you don't need HDMI audio, don't put any DSDT file on your desktop and use the options illustrated in the DSDT-Free screenshot.

(By the way, if you only want to install Chimera with MultiBeast, it should be listed under "Drivers & Bootloaders -> Bootloaders"; Boot options are under "Customization -> Boot Options". I'd suggest you stick with settings in post #1 until you machine works properly.)

Deleted HDAenabler.text like recommended on Post #1. Reran Multibeast 5.2.1 with exact settings. No go. Ran Chimera update alone. Still no go. Where is that vt-d setting in the bios? Will try that.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First of all, thanks to everyone that worked and still works so hard to make all of this possible. The community is simply amazing!
I'm about to build my first hackintosh and i was wondering if instead of using the TP Link WDN4800 wifi card for native wifi and the bluetooth that works out of the box with gibabyte's H77N-WIFI, i could use a half mini pci-e card with wifi and bluetooth 4.0 integrated? So i could have both working natively under the same card... is that possible?
Below a few card options, i just don't know if they would work...

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/110970787980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321026689867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251109016335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Thanks for all the help!
Cheers!

Motherboard
Hack Mini
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ran Clover to fix iMessage login problem. Was secretly hoping that it would fix the boot issue, but it still hangs without booting Chameleon. I remember reading another post someplace about settings in the bios needing to boot legacy, not UEFI or whatever. Could this be the case? Seriously thinking of scrapping it and starting fresh with 10.8.2 and seeing what happens.

Deleted HDAenabler.text like recommended on Post #1. Reran Multibeast 5.2.1 with exact settings. No go. Ran Chimera update alone. Still no go. Where is that vt-d setting in the bios? Will try that.

Motherboard
Hack Mini
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey, I'm using a TP Link + Mini PCIe bluetooth (the included one with the unsupported wifi). I actually bought an additional bluetooth USB dongle cause I didn't understand that the onboard bluetooth was supported when I bought the board. If you can't find a wifi + bluetooth PCIe card that's natively supported then you might want to check out a natively supported USB.

I have this:
http://www.amazon.com/Targus-USB-Bluetooth%C2%AE-Adapter-ACB10US/dp/B0002K6RK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358962492&sr=8-1&keywords=argus+bluetooth

Pretty cheap. Supported natively. V small.

In regards to your machine. Would to be so kind as to tell me your install method and setup step by step to get 10.8.2 running without any issues? I'm running 10.8 and have everything working except as you can see in the posts below I cannot boot the machine by itself. Have to boot off Chameleon OS X flash drive and then select the HDD. Boots fine then but without that flash I cannot boot the machine. V frustrating. Thanks!

First of all, thanks to everyone that worked and still works so hard to make all of this possible. The community is simply amazing!
I'm about to build my first hackintosh and i was wondering if instead of using the TP Link WDN4800 wifi card for native wifi and the bluetooth that works out of the box with gibabyte's H77N-WIFI, i could use a half mini pci-e card with wifi and bluetooth 4.0 integrated? So i could have both working natively under the same card... is that possible?
Below a few card options, i just don't know if they would work...

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/110970787980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321026689867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  3. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251109016335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Thanks for all the help!
Cheers!

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I haven't in fact built the machine yet, i'm studying how to replace the original intel half mini pci-e wifi and bluetooth card for one that actually has both working natively.
Since i haven't built it yet, for now i can only share the components that i'm about to use:
  1. Intel Core i5-3570K
  2. Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
  3. 8 GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 (KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G)
  4. Kingston HyperX 3K 3000 120GB SSD (SH103S3/120G)
  5. LG HL CT30F 6x Blu-ray combo 3D player BD-ROM Slim SATA
  6. And for the native wifi and bluetooth, i'm still researching some card to replace the original intel's half mini pci-e where i'd have both working natively and if i can't find it, i'll probably go with the TP Link WDN4800 for native wifi and use the already existing native bluetooth that everyone says it works out of the box.

And for the setup itself, i'll follow step by step bitdoctor's successful build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...te-ga-h77n-wifi-hd-4000-16-gb-256-gb-ssd.html

And as soon as i build it, i'll be posting my experience...

Cheers!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-950 / i3-3225
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

According to my manual, it is in the BIOS Features tab, about 3/4 down the page.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-950 / i3-3225
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't in fact built the machine yet, i'm studying how to replace the original intel half mini pci-e wifi and bluetooth card for one that actually has both working natively.
Since i haven't built it yet, for now i can only share the components that i'm about to use:
  1. Intel Core i5-3570K
  2. Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
  3. 8 GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 (KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8G)
  4. Kingston HyperX 3K 3000 120GB SSD (SH103S3/120G)
  5. LG HL CT30F 6x Blu-ray combo 3D player BD-ROM Slim SATA
  6. And for the native wifi and bluetooth, i'm still researching some card to replace the original intel's half mini pci-e where i'd have both working natively and if i can't find it, i'll probably go with the TP Link WDN4800 for native wifi and use the already existing native bluetooth that everyone says it works out of the box.

And for the setup itself, i'll follow step by step bitdoctor's successful build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...te-ga-h77n-wifi-hd-4000-16-gb-256-gb-ssd.html

And as soon as i build it, i'll be posting my experience...

Cheers!

Two comments about your components:
1. Research on this site about your Blu-Ray drive. There is a surprising amount of optical drives that can prevent your computer from automatically going to sleep. In some cases, you need to leave a disc in the tray for sleep to work. In some cases there is nothing to do about it. My LG Blu-Ray drive requires a disc in the tray to allow correct system auto-sleep.

2. The TP Link is an option, but you can also consider replacing the mini-pcie board by one that has working wifi (see last portion of post #1), and use the IOGear USB Bluetooth adapter, which apparently will allow your computer to wake up from sleep. And it leaves your PCIe slot free for future expansion.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android