Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

All is working fine. Following tonymacx settings for "With DSDT", I ran Multibeast 5.1.3 with the downloaded DSDT (renamed as dsdt.aml and placed in same folder as Multibeast) , but can't see any difference at all after reboot.

You need to put the DSDT file on the Desktop. You have it named properly, just in the wrong location.

Hopefully a future release of Multibeast will just prompt you to choose a DSDT file, no matter the name or location.

Hi,

im new to the hackintosh. I build my first one with this guide. H77N, i3 and Geforce 650. Everything works fine instead of one program: Parallels 7. Whenever i try to open any VM my System reboots without warning. Any solutions for that? Dont want to Dualboot with Windows 7. A VM would be enough.

I had built everything correctly (I think) with the exact CustoMac Mini build (GA-H77N-WIFI, i3 processors... )
I installed iOSX perfectly, thank you for your tutorial.
Then, I launched Multibeast, renamed the DSDT file as DSDT.aml but left it in the same folder :/ and installed perfectly
Everything went fine but no sound through HDMI :/
So, I reinstall Multibeast but I forgot to clean the previous installation. I also picked the without DSDT installation. My DSDT file was on the desktop but with the original name. So, I installed, then rebooted and now, I just have the Apple logo with the wheel turning and turning and turning...

What should I do? :( Any help would be really appreciate.
For those on the board, my USB3 workd perfectly only with USB3 Hard Drive.

Last question, I have the little speaker I got with the box, where should I plug it, I didn't find any indication.
Thank you all.
Alex

I had built everything correctly (I think) with the exact CustoMac Mini build (GA-H77N-WIFI, i3 processors... )
I installed iOSX perfectly, thank you for your tutorial.
Then, I launched Multibeast, renamed the DSDT file as DSDT.aml but left it in the same folder :/ and installed perfectly
Everything went fine but no sound through HDMI :/
So, I reinstall Multibeast but I forgot to clean the previous installation. I also picked the without DSDT installation. My DSDT file was on the desktop but with the original name. So, I installed, then rebooted and now, I just have the Apple logo with the wheel turning and turning and turning...

What should I do? :( Any help would be really appreciate.
For those on the board, my USB3 workd perfectly only with USB3 Hard Drive.

Last question, I have the little speaker I got with the box, where should I plug it, I didn't find any indication.
Thank you all.
Alex

Perhaps you can make your machine boot in safe mode. To do this, press a key when you're at the boot loader (when you see the tonymacx86 apple), then type -x and press enter. If it manages to boot, then you'll be able to run Multi-Beast again and will have to look at the descriptions of the options you chose to undo the previous MultiBeast run. Perhaps it would simply be safer and simpler to format and re-install.

Regarding the aml file, I simply download it and drop it on my desktop without renaming it. Perhaps this works when you have only 1 aml file on the desktop, I don't know, but MultiBeast sure uses it.

Oh, and about the PC speaker: I did not even bothered to check if the board has a connector for it. I don't really miss hearing a BIOS POST beep.

This has been the simplest Hackintosh installation I ever did. HDMI sound works perfect, and even works with encoded surround sound.

The only thing I have not made work properly is the sleep. If I trigger system sleep, system goes to sleep correctly. Wake up takes a long time (2-3 minutes perhaps); during that time system powers up, fans spin, hard drive spin up... and screen remains blank. I have not seen any cues about why in the system log - it begins to log events at the time when the display works again. This makes it impossible to have the system sleep as the slow wake up disrupts the EyeTV recordings. Auto sleep does not work.

The "underscan" slider in the display settings behaves strangely. At default value, 1080i and 720p resolutions display way too stretched or semi-corrupted. Sliding the slider can fix this, but all slider values seem to do nothing except that one value will simply display fine.

i3 3225
GA-H77N-WIFI
8gb Ram Geil Black Dragon
Samsung SSD 830 128gb
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

All works fine with Hdmi audio.

Now i have a fantastic source for my Audiophile system and good mediacenter.

Thanks to tonymacx86 and all guys in this forum.

Greetings from italy

Thanks but no chance with -x :confused:
I am good to reformat everything. I think I should make a partition for the next time ;)
On 1TB, how much space should you recommend for OSX?

Thank you again,
Alex

After several screw-ups and learning more about Chimera/etc I decided it was time to reinstall from scratch.

Opened up my case, replaced the SATA cables with longer ones I got yesterday, tidied up the cabling. This included using the adapter that came with my case to connect the front USB3 ports to a USB2 header (I've still got the 2x rear USB3 ports, but prefer to not have to futz with hubs when just connecting a USB stick to the front ports).
Audio's working fine now, networking seems solid (I didn't have that Intel card in this time), BT worked first time (with the antennas connected). I hadn't tested sleep on the last install, but it seems to be working fine too. EyeTV over USB is working great too.
Only quibble is the deal with needing a USB3 hub on a USB3 port to support USB2 devices, but I can live with that.

BTW, I highly recommend setting up a second partition (I have a second drive for this) and regularly cloning your boot drive to it. For those times when (not if) something screws up with your boot drive it can save a lot of heartache, and can help you work out if it's a software thing or a BIOS thing when your box doesn't boot. Time Machine is not enough (but do that too).

Now I can get on with the build post...

The antennas made the difference for me too... Bluetooth active, but not connecting to anything. Antennas added and all is well.

I built the CustoMac Mini from the suggested parts (H77N/3225). Initially I tried the HDMI audio. While it worked, no other audio ports were active. I deleted /Extras (HDAenabler.kext was not installed) and restarted. Worked just like fresh install, so I attempted the DSDT-free install. This worked great, but I really wanted to get HDMI audio, so I deleted /Extras and HDAenabler.kext for one more go. On restart, I am now hanging on gray Apple screen, even booting from the USB recovery. let it sit overnight without any luck.

Is there anything else I can delete from the terminal (booting into the installer) that may have been installed from Multibeast?

P.S. For those with the H77N/3225 setup that have had problems with onboard Bluetooth: try installing the external antennas that come with the board. BT was active, but unable to pair until I added the antennas.

After a failing installation, I started from scratch and EVERYTHING is working like a charm. I have a wonderful, powerful media center: HDMI with audio, USB3, Bluetooth...
Thank you TonyMac

Also, I concur with DBP, create a partition with your system and another one with your backups, videos, music... You will save some important time if anything goes wrong.

Back