Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Trying the Network Extensions from MultiBeast 4.6.1 did NOT help at all. Still no Ethernet aside from the useless 169.x.x.x address.

So I wiped the external drive and reinstalled Mountain Lion from scratch.

I used MultiBeast to install the F7 firmware for my GA-H67N-USB3-B3 motherboard.
I can boot into Mountain Lion without any problems. I am using the SDST file for i5.

I installed ONLY the Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx Driver, but I am still having no luck with my gigabit Ethernet port. My wifi card (Apple Airport Extreme Revision G card from an old Macbook Pro) is also still not even recognized as being present.

And has before, both of these NICs work fine when booted from my 10.7.2 partition.

All you other 2011 CustoMac Mini Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 users out there, what are you using to get your Ethernet ports to work?!
Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I know I had problems when I tried to install the Lnx2Mac driver from in multibeast, but when I downloaded it from here.. http://bit.ly/pLlD13 and ran it, it worked fine.

Thanks, NewGuy. :)

I should clarify, I have installed the networking files from MultiBeast for Mountain Lion (MultiBeast 5.0.0).
I've seen people post about using the previous version's files (MB 4.6.1 For Lion).

I'll try that tomorrow. I have a cold and it's late. :p

Also I notice that you mentioned MultiBeast 5.0.0 you do know that 5.0.2 is out now right?

Hey folks,

So after some trial and error (or my kids bugging me because their customac minis didn't want to consistently connect to the network) I spent an hour this morning drilling down on this issue.

I'm running F8 bios, OS X 10.8.1, with the GA-H67N-USB3-B3.

I'd previously thought these boards had 811xE chips, but the two I have are using 8168s.

I've deleted the /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext and then forced a rebuilt of the kext cache. So far, the systems seem to be working better, using Apple's own kext.

(Only noticed because I started up in -x -v, and noticed the card was recognized by the system in safe mode... and that it was using the driver Apple has for the 8169...

does anyone have any alternate ways to have another sata port installed as my slot is filled with my wifi card and can i have to on the same slot seeing as there is room?

Question, did you run into any KP's? I had Lion on a h67n an did a fresh install of ML in another partition with no luck,
( not even gonna go into it), I purchased a 128gbSSD and put it on the fast 6mb sata connection and worked great.... Except every time I reboot I get KP.

To fix I reboot with -x and reboot again and all is good. Sleep works, hdmi and digital audio work, mo USB3 yet. I used the latest dtst from the tony Mac db for ML. I have the Hackintosh hooked up to my Visio 32" LCD tv at 1080p and the graphics are awesome.

If anyone knows what I would get KP in ML, it did not happen in Lion. I am sure it is some sort of graphics issue.

By the way.... My first post here

Hi,

I edited my post because i install Mountain Lion without problems. I install the Realtek driver and works fine, but when i try to install the DSDT i have problems. I have the motherboard GA-H67N-USB3-B3 f5 but if i try to configure Multibeast with the same configuration that It is in Lion it doesn't working with Mountain Lion. Then i try to copy DSDT.aml and configure multibeast only with Userdsdt active and when it runs then show me and stop icon. Anyone knows the correct configuration for this motherboard.

Thank youvery much

Anyone can help me?

Thank you very much

if possible try to upgrade your bios and if u cant before u run multibeast go into ur hardrive folder then to Extra and deleted the DSDT but still have the one of ur destop there and run multibeast it might work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back