Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone installed Mavericks on this build? If so, what DSDT and settings in MultiBeast did you use? I am currently running SL and with:

GA-H67N-USB3-B3
Intel Core i5-2500K
HD3000

It works great, but would like to update, not sure what changes need to be made, as I never updated to Mountain Lion because it worked.

Hello, has there people who managed to install the 10.9 version (Mavericks) on a Custom Mac Mini 2011 (i3-2105, GA-H61N-USB3, GT 430)?

If yes, are you used specific parameters? For me, I use the method with Unibeast but at the time of installation, I start on the USB key, I selected the installer, I see the Apple logo with the loading animation and then black screen. I tried all possible commands but nothing.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS: Sorry for my translation but I am French and I do not speak perfect English, and it's my first post on this forum!

I use the " DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F9.aml " but you need to check what firmware your Bios is. Mine is flashed to F9.

Drivers

Audio = Realtek 889 audio with DSDT.
Disk = 3rd Party SATA & 10.9.0 Trim Patch ( Trim is for my Samsung Pro 840 SSD )
Misc = Just FakeSMC plugins & Hardware Monitor ( Get error on the USB3 )
Ethernet = AppleRTL8169 2.0.6 ( Getting problems though with ethernet not working after sleep on Mavericks)

Bootloader = Chimera v2.2.1

Customise

Boot options

Generate CPU States
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No
Use KernelCache

SSDT Options

Sandy Bridge Core i5

System Definitions

Mac Pro 3,1

Theme ( your own choice )

Hope this helps

If you're 'upgrading to Maverick' on an existing Hackintosh running ML, Lion, etc.,
and did not do a 'clean install',
this thread explains how to get rid of old kexts that can cause problems with Multibeast:

Updating FakeSMC [A Guide]

Hi,
I've got 10.7.5 working well since a long time, but since last week sleep and wake-up don't working well. The computer doesn't wake-up or restart the system. I've reinstalled 10.7.5 update, the DSDT and the kexts without succes. Any help please?

thanks

Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade the video card of my 2011 CustoMac Mini. It's currently running the latest OS X 10.9.2. I have the GA-H67N-USB3 mobo, i5-2500K proc & the older Sugo SG05BB-450 case (450w PS). I ideally would like to get an video card that can support 2 outputs with 2560x1440 resolution and a 3rd output of 1920x1200. I was looking at the EVGA GeForce GTX 660 as well as the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870. I noticed that the H67N supports PCI Express 2.0 while the GTX 660 runs at the 3.0 version so I'm not sure if that would work.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the newer video cards that work with the H67N mobo?

Thanks for your help.

Alex

I just wanted to give a follow up on my previous post. I ended purchasing the XFX Radeon HD 6870 (HD-687A-ZHFC) video card based on my research on this forum. I got a used one oneBay for $80. It's plug n play (I'm running 10.9.2) and it fits perfectly in my Sugo SG05 case. This particular model is shorter in length than the other 6870 cards so it' perfect for a mini-ATX case. It does require a minimum 500w power supply based on the specs but my 450w PS seems to be working fine. I'm running 3 24" monitors right now and planning to get a 27" later. Lastly, the only drawback is that the fan is quite loud but I've seen numerous mods on replacing the stock fan which I might do later on.

—Is anyone still using this configuration for Mavericks? I've been able to do so mostly successfully, but I'm having some issues with my optical drive. It only seems works when it's on the same SATA controller as the boot disk. Annoying because I want to use a second SSD to run windows and take advantage of the SATA III speeds.

Example:

port 0: Samsung 840 Pro SSD
port 1: Sony Optiarc DVD :thumbup:
port 2:
port 3:
port 5:

port 1: Samsung 830 SSD
port 2: Sony Optiarc DVD :thumbdown:
port 3:
port 5:

port 1: Samsung 830 SSD
port 2:
port 3: Sony Optiarc DVD :thumbdown:
port 5:

What did I miss?

:banghead:

Is there a clear guide to update my 10.7.5 Lion install up to 10.9.2?

I've got 10.9.2 running and booting the 2011 CustoMacMini hardware on an external HD, but how can I upgrade my 10.7.5 software directly to 10.9.2 without performing a fresh install?

Any links to other forum posts or direct instructions would be much appreciated.

On my external drive 10.9.2 install HDMI Audio is _NOT_ working. 889 Audio is not working either, for that matter.

In 10.7.5 I use both 889 Digital Audio and I run two screens, both on HDMI, both supporting HDMI audio.

Thanks for any help. This late 2011 build is still running strong!

BL5K

Is there a clear guide to update my 10.7.5 Lion install up to 10.9.2?

I've got 10.9.2 running and booting the 2011 CustoMacMini hardware on an external HD, but how can I upgrade my 10.7.5 software directly to 10.9.2 without performing a fresh install?

Any links to other forum posts or direct instructions would be much appreciated.

On my external drive 10.9.2 install HDMI Audio is _NOT_ working. 889 Audio is not working either, for that matter.

In 10.7.5 I use both 889 Digital Audio and I run two screens, both on HDMI, both supporting HDMI audio.

Thanks for any help. This late 2011 build is still running strong!

BL5K

Boots the external drive with no problems?
CCC or SuperDuper will clone the external to the internal, then all you have to do is boot with UniBeast or Clover USB and install Chimera or Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back