Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio IDs changed in ML. See Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx
ML HD3000 HDMI Audio ID:3

HD3000 HDMI Audio (GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and GA-H61N-USB3)
1. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.
2. MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889

Post #2 Updated

It's been some time since I last posted (my 10.7.3 build lasted more than 1/2 year!). I still have the original combo (i3-2105/GA-H67N-USB3-B3) and created custom UniBeast install of ML 10.8.1. Installation goes fine, and I am able to get into ML after all. THEN, I am using DSDT from post #2 (I am on F9 BIOS), and this where things get ugly - after applying the usual options (Custom DSDT/Audio/Network/Trim/MacMini) using latest MultiBeast 5.1.3, I am unable to boot properly - I am getting the "stop sign" after a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

After writing this, did one more clean install, and it works! This is what I did different:
- Used Lnx2Mac's drivers instead of Realtek Gigabit;
- Used Disk utility to check/repair permissions (!!!);
I wonder if the last item did it?

It's been some time since I last posted (my 10.7.3 build lasted more than 1/2 year!). I still have the original combo (i3-2105/GA-H67N-USB3-B3) and created custom UniBeast install of ML 10.8.1. Installation goes fine, and I am able to get into ML after all. THEN, I am using DSDT from post #2 (I am on F9 BIOS), and this where things get ugly - after applying the usual options (Custom DSDT/Audio/Network/Trim/MacMini) using latest MultiBeast 5.1.3, I am unable to boot properly - I am getting the "stop sign" after a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good news/Bad news: Did one more clean install, this time Realtek Gigabit, still worked. So, must be the permissions thing.
Now to the bad news - applying 10.8.2 broke the install, getting the "stop sign"! Any thoughts please?

After writing this, did one more clean install, and it works! This is what I did different:
- Used Lnx2Mac's drivers instead of Realtek Gigabit;
- Used Disk utility to check/repair permissions (!!!);
I wonder if the last item did it?

My system is running perfect h67n-usb3-b3 with 10.8.2 the only issue i have is my wifi (apple native in a mini pci-e adapter) it will stop working after a while, i have the same issue with a h61n-usb3. I don't know if it is because the mini pci-e adapter is plugged into a pci-e 16x (where the graphic card usually sits)

If i reboot card comes back to life (only to stop after a while)
Tried two different wifi card
They worked in other builds

Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back