Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
molnarmate said:
AppleAcolyte said:
molnarmate said:
Hy!
I cant install Lion with Unibeast, just in safe mode. After safe mode install my hack mini is ultra slow (Im using F7 DSDT). Without safe mode i get this:
:crazy: :(
Are all of your bios settings correct?

AHCI, HPET 64 bit, etc...?

Try booting installer with graphicsenabler=no ?
With Lion, I had better luck using the XMOVE method...
Just some ideas...

BIOS settings OK. I will try with graphicsenabler=no
What is the XMOVE method?
Tnx for your answer!
Are you using the HDMI port under the VGA?

molnarmate said:
AppleAcolyte said:
molnarmate said:
Hy!
I cant install Lion with Unibeast, just in safe mode. After safe mode install my hack mini is ultra slow (Im using F7 DSDT). Without safe mode i get this:
:crazy: :(
Are all of your bios settings correct?

AHCI, HPET 64 bit, etc...?

Try booting installer with graphicsenabler=no ?
With Lion, I had better luck using the XMOVE method...
Just some ideas...

BIOS settings OK. I will try with graphicsenabler=no
What is the XMOVE method?
Tnx for your answer!

Yeah, I also suggest just using -v and GraphicsEnabler=No on a clean install, and also for first boot. Then multibeast with the proper DSDT, then you should be good. Worked for me the last time I tried, not sure what I was doing wrong before, perhaps it was using multibeast multiple times or something.

yoyo58 said:
AppleAcolyte said:
Is the GA-H61N-USB3 limited to 3.0 GB/S SSD hard drives as I've read? If so, is there a good ssd anyone is using with this build that you would recommend on a budget. 60 GB would suffice, 120 GB for $100 or less preferable. Thanks for any info provided...
I got the Crucial 128GB M4 SSD for $110 on sale at Amazon for this build. I think it goes on sale at Amazon and elsewhere pretty regularly.

I guess I don't understand SSD's.. So a 6 GB/Sec SSD is backwards compatible so to speak with a 3 GB/Sec SATA port? If so, couldn't I get any SSD but with slower Read/Write performance? Thanks...

Hi there people, first time builder here.
I have been trying to read this long thread so I can get the information to choose the hardware I need for a i5 customac mini.

I have not been able to find successful builds from these days and the ones I find contain pieces that are out of stock..

I have read the official Customac Mini 2011 guide but non of those mobo's are available anymore, and if they are available it is hard to decide cause I can't seem to find someone who was totally successful with it, (just partially)

What would be the easiest way for me to decide which hardware to buy from a previously successful build now in june 2012?

sorry if my question is a little dumb, but i am just getting crazy with so much info

THANKS

amoretam said:
I have been trying to read this long thread so I can get the information to choose the hardware I need for a i5 customac mini.

I have not been able to find successful builds from these days and the ones I find contain pieces that are out of stock..

I have read the official Customac Mini 2011 guide but non of those mobo's are available anymore, and if they are available it is hard to decide cause I can't seem to find someone who was totally successful with it, (just partially)

What would be the easiest way for me to decide which hardware to buy from a previously successful build now in june 2012?

sorry if my question is a little dumb, but i am just getting crazy with so much info

THANKS

There is a Gigabyte H67N on Ebay right now!

Ok, I've got one for you all. I'm posting this here cause this is the system I've successfully built! And yes, I am very, very happy. As of 10.7.4 update, everything works great. Except for one tiny detail that bothers me. My Apple boot screen is a smaller resolution(1024x768) than the 1080p that my system runs at! Does anyone know why this happens?
Thanks!

Jespoir said:
Ok, I've got one for you all. I'm posting this here cause this is the system I've successfully built! And yes, I am very, very happy. As of 10.7.4 update, everything works great. Except for one tiny detail that bothers me. My Apple boot screen is a smaller resolution(1024x768) than the 1080p that my system runs at! Does anyone know why this happens?
Thanks!

In the Extra/Themes/Default folder, there is a background image and boot image. I've considered changing the resolution of the background image and replacing it, but I don't understand how these images are used and if there are limitations, if doing this would break anything or do nothing at all. If you're brave give it a try lol... It would be nice to have a High Res boot image tho...

EDIT:
(It's not at all the same as the boot image so ignore that, my bad...)

Could try editing the theme.plist in there. Just an idea.

AppleAcolyte said:
yoyo58 said:
AppleAcolyte said:
Is the GA-H61N-USB3 limited to 3.0 GB/S SSD hard drives as I've read? If so, is there a good ssd anyone is using with this build that you would recommend on a budget. 60 GB would suffice, 120 GB for $100 or less preferable. Thanks for any info provided...
I got the Crucial 128GB M4 SSD for $110 on sale at Amazon for this build. I think it goes on sale at Amazon and elsewhere pretty regularly.

I guess I don't understand SSD's.. So a 6 GB/Sec SSD is backwards compatible so to speak with a 3 GB/Sec SATA port? If so, couldn't I get any SSD but with slower Read/Write performance? Thanks...
beats me. i bought it, it worked, and that's all i know. :)

amoretam said:

THANKS
my rig works great. see my sig for details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back