Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is likely because I installed Windows 7 first, and then installed Lion utilizing an Xmove partition. After install completion, I immediately ran Multibeast instead of updating to 10.7.2 and then running MB. I did this because I wanted to make sure I would be able to boot WinDoze before I spent the time updating Lion. This resulted in an "Invalid Checksum" error for 10.7.2 but I was able to update directly to 10.7.3.. I'm hoping this won't cause stability issues. Anyone think I should do a fresh install or should it be ok with out the 10.7.2 update? Thanks...

I never cease to be amazed by Hackintoshing. I just installed windows 7 and then Lion. I understood that you absolutely had to install 10.7.2 and then 10.7.3... That being said I was just completely unable to install 10.7.2 no matter what I did, so for the hell of it, I attempted 10.7.3 update and it was successful... I haven't a clue! Anybody else experienced this? I'm very sure I was at 10.7.0 as it was a fresh install and I checked the "About This Mac"... Thought it was worth mentioning...

dervack said:
Ok, I'm trying to build a CustoMac mini from the basic setup that was listed, i.e. i3, Gigabyte H61N with the F3 firmware. I couldn't get the 10.6 snow leopard route to work so I created a unibeast flash drive with Lion 10.7. I get Lion to install, I downloaded DSDT H61N with HDMI and placed that on the desktop, didn't rename it. I run multi beast 4.4, used the recommended options that was posted way back in the second post with multi-beast. It says that it installs correctly. I restart, change the boot options to go from CD-Rom 1st, to HDD 1st, Cd-Rom second hit save. It restarts and when it goes to load operating system, it gives me a few boot errors, something along the lines of boot:0 gst, boot1: error, etc and then the last one says boot: done. But it stays there and doesn't load.

I restart, hit f12 and can boot into Lion from the USB drive, which is where I'm posting now, but I'm giving this to someone and was wondering how can i get it to just boot from the HDD instead of with the USB drive. I still have 10.7 installed. Did i miss something? Thanks for the help, this is the 1st custom computer i have built, mac or otherwise

I would boot with rBoot, then run MultiBeast again after you rename the dsdt on your Desktop to DSDT.aml

dervack said:
Ok, I'm trying to build a CustoMac mini from the basic setup that was listed, i.e. i3, Gigabyte H61N with the F3 firmware. I couldn't get the 10.6 snow leopard route to work so I created a unibeast flash drive with Lion 10.7. I get Lion to install, I downloaded DSDT H61N with HDMI and placed that on the desktop, didn't rename it. I run multi beast 4.4, used the recommended options that was posted way back in the second post with multi-beast. It says that it installs correctly. I restart, change the boot options to go from CD-Rom 1st, to HDD 1st, Cd-Rom second hit save. It restarts and when it goes to load operating system, it gives me a few boot errors, something along the lines of boot:0 gst, boot1: error, etc and then the last one says boot: done. But it stays there and doesn't load.

I restart, hit f12 and can boot into Lion from the USB drive, which is where I'm posting now, but I'm giving this to someone and was wondering how can i get it to just boot from the HDD instead of with the USB drive. I still have 10.7 installed. Did i miss something? Thanks for the help, this is the 1st custom computer i have built, mac or otherwise
try a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=120&t=53562

I have been using a successful Hackintosh for some months. I have the standard setup...

Intel Core i3 2105 3.1GHz Socket 1155 3MB L3 Cache Processor
Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67 Socket 1155 Mini-ITX Motherboard
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory CL9 1.5V Unbuffered

Now I found myself having to reinstall and so I put in my Unibeast USB stick, got to the disk utility screen, did the necessary, it did the install then rebooted and now I am stuck. For the record, this is the same USB stick I used over and over a few months ago whilst playing around and trying different things so I know it works.

But now when I try to either put to the new installation of Lion or try and start again with the installation, it freezes at the apple screen with the wheel going around, after a while the wheel stops and if you wait a few minutes you get a KP screen.

I've removed everything but the mouse and keyboard, I do have my HDMI screen plugged in of course. Ive made sure the BIOS settings are correct and haven't reverted. Ive even tried formatting the HD again using a Windows CD.

Any ideas why the USB stick would suddenly stop working?

Just updated to 10.7.4 and ran Multibeast to get sound working but still have no sound.

Have restarted computer and even tried running Multibeast again.

Any ideas anyone?

bc24 said:
dervack said:

try a look at this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=53562

That fixed the problem i was having, thanks!!! now just need to get the sound to work...

That Guy said:
Just updated to 10.7.4 and ran Multibeast to get sound working but still have no sound.

Any ideas anyone?

Are you using the H61n-USB3 board or H67?
I guess it shouldn't matter but I'm using the H61, installed 10.7.4 and reselected everything needed in MB from User DSDT all the way down to Bootloader theme and audio works fine.

For audio, did you select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback under Realtek ALC8xx?

I have the need to create a "luggable" mini to replace my Dell Precision Windows 7 box and my iMac 2010. I'll be working off and on away from home and need an all-in-one environment I can do my development work Visual Studio/XCode/Eclipse. I'll run Parallels (unless someone says VMWare Fusion is better). Here are the current thoughts:

i2500k
Apex M-100 case
8gb GSkill 2x4
Sony Optiarc DVD
Velociraptor drive (maybe replace with a SSD)
Intel DH61AG board ( or GA-H61N-USB3 I guess)

Questions:
1. Any potential issues with the hardware above for OSX 10.7.4 build?
2. Performance is critical since I run Visual Studio in a VM for 50% of my work, anything I should upgrade?
3. Will it support dual monitor support with the 3000 graphics? DVI/Hdmi

Thanks, just don't want to run off and buy the wrong components.

AppleAcolyte said:
That Guy said:

Any ideas anyone?

Are you using the H61n-USB3 board or H67?
I guess it shouldn't matter but I'm using the H61, installed 10.7.4 and reselected everything needed in MB from User DSDT all the way down to Bootloader theme and audio works fine.

For audio, did you select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback under Realtek ALC8xx?

Using the H67 and yes re-selected everything I usually do this just in case.

Selected ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback as normal too.

Updating from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 went with no issues so not sure why I'm getting problems now.

Anyone have any other ideas / suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back