Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I freakin LOVE you guys lol.. :wave:

I'm running 10.7.3 and it's smoking fast, especially compared to my Core 2 Duo Macbook!

Installing didn't go as planned, I installed Snow Leopard and was unable to update at all. Luckily I was able to create an XMOVE partition on my hard drive and since I made a backup of my Lioninstall app, it worked well.. I booted into Lion installer (XMOVE Partition) using rBoot and successfully installed first try.

USB sound thru small Logitech speakers worked OOB and everything else runs great! Thanks for all the help, I'll still buy an iMac when the next release comes out but this CustoMac Mini ROCKS!!!

GA-H61N-USB3 MOBO
8GB Corsair Ram
Sony DVD-RW
WD Black Caviar 1TB
Apex M-100 case
Thermaltake 80mm intake fan

:headbang:

AppleAcolyte said:
I freakin LOVE you guys lol.. :wave:

I'm running 10.7.3 and it's smoking fast, especially compared to my Core 2 Duo Macbook!

Installing didn't go as planned, I installed Snow Leopard and was unable to update at all. Luckily I was able to create an XMOVE partition on my hard drive and since I made a backup of my Lioninstall app, it worked well.. I booted into Lion installer (XMOVE Partition) using rBoot and successfully installed first try.

USB sound thru small Logitech speakers worked OOB and everything else runs great! Thanks for all the help, I'll still buy an iMac when the next release comes out but this CustoMac Mini ROCKS!!!

GA-H61N-USB3 MOBO
8GB Corsair Ram
Sony DVD-RW
WD Black Caviar 1TB
Apex M-100 case
Thermaltake 80mm intake fan

:headbang:
It's pointless to uncover serial number, because on every system is the same. :lol:

updated to 10.7.4 without any issues

if you have a unlocked processor, make sure you follow the steps described in that thread for the temp fix before rebooting.

Otherwise, I just had to reinstall sound and everything is working perfectly fine.

There are some people reporting cmos reset problems after waking from s3 sleep but I am scared to actually test mine since redoing all of those settings will be a pain.

custy1234 said:

if you have a unlocked processor, make sure you follow the steps described in that tread for the temp fix before rebooting.

What thread are you talking about???

jwk said:
custy1234 said:

if you have a unlocked processor, make sure you follow the steps described in that tread for the temp fix before rebooting.

this thread, viewtopic.php?f=68&t=59889

sorry, should've included it in the first place!

Okay. I downloaded the ComboUpdater and installed 10.7.4. Then i made the reboot and now im stuck in a kernel panik -.-
I havn't used multibeast to reset the sound and havnt edited the boot.plist for cpu.

Hope that someone can help.

regards.

//edit: booted to single user mode and applied that fix: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=59889
-> now everything is working fine...

Attachments

• IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 281
custy1234 said:
jwk said:
custy1234 said:

this thread, viewtopic.php?f=68&t=59889

sorry, should've included it in the first place!

NP, many thanks!!

EDIT: Big Thanks... I was thinking about updating to 10.7.4, but now I'm glad I didn't... I don't think there's anything in it that would make a significant difference to me, and until things get sorted, I'm reasonably happy with 10.7.3

cheers!

Ok, I'm trying to build a CustoMac mini from the basic setup that was listed, i.e. i3, Gigabyte H61N with the F3 firmware. I couldn't get the 10.6 snow leopard route to work so I created a unibeast flash drive with Lion 10.7. I get Lion to install, I downloaded DSDT H61N with HDMI and placed that on the desktop, didn't rename it. I run multi beast 4.4, used the recommended options that was posted way back in the second post with multi-beast. It says that it installs correctly. I restart, change the boot options to go from CD-Rom 1st, to HDD 1st, Cd-Rom second hit save. It restarts and when it goes to load operating system, it gives me a few boot errors, something along the lines of boot:0 gst, boot1: error, etc and then the last one says boot: done. But it stays there and doesn't load.

I restart, hit f12 and can boot into Lion from the USB drive, which is where I'm posting now, but I'm giving this to someone and was wondering how can i get it to just boot from the HDD instead of with the USB drive. I still have 10.7 installed. Did i miss something? Thanks for the help, this is the 1st custom computer i have built, mac or otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back