Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
z0dac said:
@toleda:
Do you have any ideas what I can do to get sleep working? Would a Graphics Card be a solution?
What technique(s) are you using to wake the system? When you wake up your system with HDMI, do you get no signal or a signal with a black screen? Is there any sleep/wake entries in Console/All messages? Are you using darkwake in Boot.plist?

A graphics card definitely improves video quality but is rarely a fix for sleep.

Can I install an esata PCI and if so I am assuming that will use up the only available PCI slot? Going to be my first build, looking forward to many more.

I'm waiting for all the gear for this build to arrive and I'm preparing ahead of time. The only thing I'm not sure about is that the Bios for the GA-H61N-USB3 will be updated to f7 but in the DSDT database, it only has the dsdt for f2 and f3. Is it ok to use the f3 DSDT with Multibeast even tho the BIOS is on f7?

I did search and haven't found anything about this specific topic. Thanks...

Hi AppleAcolyte, a few days ago I built a Hackintosh using the GA-H61N-USB3 MOBO, and an Intel Core i5-2500K, to replace my MacMini.

My MOBO had a Firmware 3, BIOS. So I left it at that and used the F3 DSDT. No problems except for known but fixable issues. Such as, HDMI Audio, and blank screen from wake. I use my Hackintosh as a HTPC, which is always on, and I use Optical Digital audio. So in my scenario I'm not affected.

Finally, you are probably aware of this, but just incase, USB 3.0 doesn't work due to the chip on the GA-H61N-USB3 MOBO. If I remember correctly, my Hack wouldn't boot at first with the USB 3.0 ports turned on in the BIOS.

Have fun. Anil[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I'll just leave it at f3 then and use the posted DSDT. I can't wait to dig in to it.

Can anyone confirm that the esata port on this build works?

P.S. I have the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 board.

Thanks,

MacNewGuy

toleda said:
z0dac said:
@toleda:
Do you have any ideas what I can do to get sleep working? Would a Graphics Card be a solution?
What technique(s) are you using to wake the system? When you wake up your system with HDMI, do you get no signal or a signal with a black screen? Is there any sleep/wake entries in Console/All messages? Are you using darkwake in Boot.plist?

A graphics card definitely improves video quality but is rarely a fix for sleep.
Hi toleda,

sorry for not replying earlier - but I was very busy the last few days.
I tried every method i could think of: by single/double clicking the mouse, by pressing a keyboard button, by pushing the power button on the computer case ... no change. And I get NO signal at all.

I don't know what you mean by "sleep wake entries in Console/All messages". How can I check that? And I tried using darkwake (but manually by typing it in Chimera) - but that didn't change anything.

Greets
z0dac

My bad, it was because I was using rBoot. I had read somewhere you could use it instead of iBoot. Not the case obviously..

I've been researching this stuff for weeks, I finally get my gear for the build, and while booting into SL installer, I get an error I've never seen before.

KP = commplus no match and then some jibberish.
This is on the GA H61N-USB3 board (F6 Bios was preinstalled) and the i3 2105 cpu.
I used the BIOS settings as instructed from the guide. Anybody heard of this? I did search but the solution seemed like it wasn't reasonable for my noobness.. Thanks...

Attachments

• DSC00742.JPG
    DSC00742.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 237
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back