Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aksolanki said:
That Guy said:
Anyone know of a quiet PSU for this case:
http://www.ebuyer.com/205560-black-mini ... ta-pix1001

The PSU that came with this case now has a really noisy fan when you first turn it on, its like a grinding noise :?

Thanks in Advance :D
Hi, you need a MicroATX power supply for your case. Something like this;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300W-ATX-...omputing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item1c1ed2efdc

I have one of these in my SilverStone case. It's a very good PSU, 80+ efficiency rating I hope this helps. Anil
This case needs an SFX PSU. Be Quiet! makes PSUs with this form factor for example.

If you have the HD 6870 with 4 ports and using Lion you'll probably have to change the connector id's in the ATI6000 kext. I had to do the same to get my Sapphire 6850 working with graphics enabler=yes. It now works great. Let me know which card you have and I'll see if I can help.

Are you using Lion? Which card do you have?

toleda said:
z0dac said:
Thank you for your reply. However - it doesn't work. I tried updating the BIOS to F4, darkwake=0 in Chimera and double clicking when trying to wake it up. But the screen never comes back from sleep. As I mentioned I have the H61N-USB3, not the 67 one ... the 67 one is almost impossible to get in Europe.

Do you have any other ideas?
To minimize the number of reasons sleep is not working in your system, suggest a clean 10.7.3 install on a different partition. BIOS should be F3. Use the MultiBeast settings from the first post of this thread (don't select any audio settings or 3rd party SATA) and the dsdt from the second post. Test sleep and reply with findings.
Thank you! I will try that tomorrow and report back to you afterwards.

Greets
z0dac

toleda said:
z0dac said:
Thank you for your reply. However - it doesn't work. I tried updating the BIOS to F4, darkwake=0 in Chimera and double clicking when trying to wake it up. But the screen never comes back from sleep. As I mentioned I have the H61N-USB3, not the 67 one ... the 67 one is almost impossible to get in Europe.

Do you have any other ideas?
To minimize the number of reasons sleep is not working in your system, suggest a clean 10.7.3 install on a different partition. BIOS should be F3. Use the MultiBeast settings from the first post of this thread (don't select any audio settings or 3rd party SATA) and the dsdt from the second post. Test sleep and reply with findings.
Hi toleda,

I did exactly what you suggested. I did a clean install (however, as I don't have another partition, I had to erase my first install) and used the DSDT from the second post (renamed it to DSDT.aml on the desktop) and used exactly the settings from the first post - except SATA 3rd Party and Audio. The Hackintosh boots perfectly - everything works except when I put it to sleep mode and want to wake it up again, the screen stays black. I tried via HDMI on TV and via DVI on a Monitor - no changes.

Any suggestions?

Greets
z0dac

Guys, just to add some findings and hoping for your comments to help improve the situation for everyone... I used the DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3-EHCI-HDMI.aml from the first post and booted my Gigabyte H61N-USB3 (using F5 BIOS) into Lion 10.7.3.

The audio works only with the patched kext from 10.7.2 (889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3-2 and recognized as Audio ID 389) but when I enter System Preferences > Sound I get the following errors on Console:
Code:
Apr 27 17:17:57 lion-macmini kernel[0]: macx_swapon SUCCESS
Apr 27 17:18:06 lion-macmini kernel[0]: EDID does not contain Extended EDID, not valid for audio
Apr 27 17:19:16 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549440301312, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
Apr 27 17:19:16 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fResetAsserted" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4764 goto handler
Apr 27 17:19:16 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4765 goto handler
Apr 27 17:19:16 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != executeCodecCommand ( fCodecList[addr], command, &response )" failed in AppleHDAController at line 7898 goto handler
Apr 27 17:19:17 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549432811520, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
Apr 27 17:19:17 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fResetAsserted" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4764 goto handler
Apr 27 17:19:17 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion ""Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state )"" failed in AppleHDAController at line 4765 goto handler
Apr 27 17:19:17 lion-macmini kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != executeCodecCommand ( fCodecList[addr], command, &response )" failed in AppleHDAController at line 7898 goto handler
Apr 27 17:19:52 lion-macmini kernel[0]: AppleSRP started.8
Does this have to do with the fact that I am not pushing audio via HDMI?

Also, with this same DSDT, when I select to Sleep (I have checked the good 'ole "Start up automatically after power failure" in System Preferences > Energy Saver) the hackintosh indeed sleeps but it appears that the system is recording something into CMOS rendering it corrupt. Upon pressing POWER again (or keyboard/mouse click) the system powers up but I have nothing on-screen. The Phase LEDs of the motherboard light up suggesting the machine being in some kind of BIOS booting mode (or error). After many seconds I press POWER, remove mains plug. I reconnect and press POWER again, coming to the attached screen: CMOS checksum error, Select last known good profile...

That's what I get. So sleep is out of the question, perhaps I can try F3 BIOS on the H61N-USB3 but I don't know if my Core i3-2125 CPU will be properly supported (using embedded HD3000 graphics).

Comments are welcome. Thank you all.

Attachments

• CMOS-Error-H61N-USB3.jpg
    CMOS-Error-H61N-USB3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,490
My findings from this afternoon:

Since I wanted to use the Hackintosh again as my Media Center, I tried to get audio working as well. By doing this, I had the same problem as konsti. Audio did not work without the kext from the second post. However, after installing the kext - even HDMI Audio was working.

Then I installed XBMC and everything else and I was struck by major graphical glitches. I didn't have them before - at least never that bad. I read here about graphical jitters with the HD3000 and I think that's what they were talking about. Since they were pretty bad and came very often, I went back to the "old" DSDT from the database and installed the regular audio through MultiBeast. HDMI Audio was gone (don't need it anyway - so no biggie) but the graphical glitches were gone (or at least drastically reduced).

However - I'm thinking now about buying a regular Graphic Card. Do you think this would also resolve my Sleep Issues? Because on my desktop PC - a Gigabyte Board with a Core 2 Quad CPU and an NVIDIA Graphic Card - sleep mode works perfectly in OS X.

I'm open to suggestions...

Greets
z0dac

@toleda:
Do you have any ideas what I can do to get sleep working? Would a Graphics Card be a solution?

Greets
z0dac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back