Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thedbp said:
A quick check in BIOS revealed that Gigabyte defaults to using an accelerated video mode. I turned this off and so far, no more artifacts. Can't say for certain if this is "the fix" the the HD 3000 artifacts on this board, but so far so good!
Could you describe exactly which BIOS setting you speak of and post a picture of it? This would help others test the possibility, or tell if its something they've already changed without any luck of remedying the artifacts.

utsi said:
I've been experiencing graphical artifacts very frequently lately, so I figured I should give the fan app a chance. And surprisingly it works!

Still working very well for me too. Just checked my uptime and its been 13 days since my last reboot or sleep and not an artifact in sight.

For the love of God can someone please tell me how to fix Transmission always causing the "You need to restart your computer" kernel panic. It is beyond annoying. PM me please because this thread gets tons of posts. Thanks in advance.

trickybreeze said:
For the love of God can someone please tell me how to fix Transmission always causing the "You need to restart your computer" kernel panic. It is beyond annoying. PM me please because this thread gets tons of posts. Thanks in advance.
This happens when you use Realtek Ethernet kext with some Realtek chips. May board has got the same problem. Use Lnx2-kext or WIFI. ;(

Can someone give please help me figure out how to get sound working through HDMI. I have customac mini. Fresh install of 10.7.3 Which DSDT.aml should I use? Which AppleHDA.kext should I use and which HDMI port should I use?

I had audio on HDMI working in 10.7.2 and can't get it working using that installation method anymore.

Help Pretty Please! :)

i received an auto-notify email from newegg.com that the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 mini-ITX board is in stock! all of you wanting to get one should be able to now. I wonder if it is a different revision?

sringgen said:
Can someone give please help me figure out how to get sound working through HDMI. I have customac mini. Fresh install of 10.7.3 Which DSDT.aml should I use? Which AppleHDA.kext should I use and which HDMI port should I use?
See the 2nd post of this thread.

bc24 said:
i received an auto-notify email from newegg.com that the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 mini-ITX board is in stock! all of you wanting to get one should be able to now. I wonder if it is a different revision?

latest H67N-USB3-B3 board on gigabyte website is rev 1.0, but there is an F9 BIOS listed for download to "Improve USB3.0 compatibility"... wonder if that fixes the problem with large file transfers failing after about 12gb, as best as I can remember...

I bought myself the hardware for the Custo Mac mini:

Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
Intel Core i3 2105
8 GB RAM

I managed to get Lion installed (using the Unibeast USB drive method) - however I needed to use "graphicsenabler=no" to get to the Installer. After Lion installation was finished, I downloaded the DSDT from the database and installed it exactly as it was explained in the guide. After rebooting, it started to boot from the hard drive, but stopped at the Apple logo again - exactly as with the installer. By using graphicsenabler=no again, I could get to the system. LAN, Audio etc. was working - but NO graphics.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Greets
z0dac

Okay - just found out that HDMI is the problem. With DVI (on a PC monitor) it boots perfectly. But with HDMI - nothing. Since I wanna use the CustoMac mini on my TV as a MediaCenter, this sucks. What can I do? Will the HDMI Audio thing help?+

Greets
z0dac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back