Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues updating the motherboard to the F7 revision. I am not having luck using the StuffitExpander to extract that file. It's not working at all actually.

fuzzylinez said:
I am having issues updating the motherboard to the F7 revision. I am not having luck using the StuffitExpander to extract that file. It's not working at all actually.

I had some trouble with this as well. There is an easy workaround: use a windows machine (they're not hard to find!) to expand the file, then copy the three extracted files to a USB stick.

Remember that the USB stick has to be formatted in FAT format (i.e. NOT in OSX format). I also found that the motherboard sometimes does not recognize the USB stick as well as you might like. It helps to unplug all your SATA devices from the board, and to wait a while at the Q-flash screen.

i also use windows to extract the file and put it on a fat formatted usb key then use q flash works for me

fuzzylinez said:

I had no issues using the latest version of Stuffit Expander. Just drag n drop.

SwissCanuck said:
fuzzylinez said:

I had no issues using the latest version of Stuffit Expander. Just drag n drop.

ya that works too

Hey!

So I shouldn't need the 3.x version of Multibeast if I am eventually going to install Lion? I can just use iboot and rboot without installing any drivers, system utilities, DSDT (etc) until I reach Lion and then run Multibeast 4.0.2?

Thanks!!

adkardon said:
Hey!

So I shouldn't need the 3.x version of Multibeast if I am eventually going to install Lion? I can just use iboot and rboot without installing any drivers, system utilities, DSDT (etc) until I reach Lion and then run Multibeast 4.0.2?

Thanks!!

Correct. You will need rboot to boot the xMove installer partition - iBoot would not boot it for me.

I've got almost everything working now... Except audio. After following Tony's instructions I had no audio devices present. After installing the "toolkit" I now have several output options (built in speakers, line out, optical) but no sound output. I connected a set of headphones to the green connector and selected Line out audio, but its silent.

Anyone have any suggestions? I followed the multibeast screen shot to the letter.

SwissCanuck said:
adkardon said:
Hey!

Thanks!!

Correct. You will need rboot to boot the xMove installer partition - iBoot would not boot it for me.

I've got almost everything working now... Except audio. After following Tony's instructions I had no audio devices present. After installing the "toolkit" I now have several output options (built in speakers, line out, optical) but no sound output. I connected a set of headphones to the green connector and selected Line out audio, but its silent.

Anyone have any suggestions? I followed the multibeast screen shot to the letter.
Sleep working?

Mate94 said:
Sleep working?

More or less yes. You have to double-tap the power button... Takes some getting used to. I won't be using sleep anyhow.

Seeing lots of grfx artifacts all of a sudden... I upped the graphics ram from 384 to 482 or whatnot in BIOS but OSX is reporting it as 512. Strange.

Will drop back down to 384 and see if there's less tearing etc.

I'll post a screen shot of what I'm seeing in an edit.

Okay...

After installing 10.6.6 update and rebooting without using multibeast, should I be able to boot into the updated SL installation and then proceed to xMove-Lion install? I am stuck at this step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back