Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Motherboard
GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
i5-2500K 3.3GHz
Graphics
Asus EAH5570 1GB DDR3 128bit
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Audio IDs changed in ML. See Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx
ML HD3000 HDMI Audio ID:3

HD3000 HDMI Audio (GA-H67N-USB3-B3 and GA-H61N-USB3)
1. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.
2. MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889

Post #2 Updated

Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
core i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It's been some time since I last posted (my 10.7.3 build lasted more than 1/2 year!). I still have the original combo (i3-2105/GA-H67N-USB3-B3) and created custom UniBeast install of ML 10.8.1. Installation goes fine, and I am able to get into ML after all. THEN, I am using DSDT from post #2 (I am on F9 BIOS), and this where things get ugly - after applying the usual options (Custom DSDT/Audio/Network/Trim/MacMini) using latest MultiBeast 5.1.3, I am unable to boot properly - I am getting the "stop sign" after a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
core i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
After writing this, did one more clean install, and it works! This is what I did different:
- Used Lnx2Mac's drivers instead of Realtek Gigabit;
- Used Disk utility to check/repair permissions (!!!);
I wonder if the last item did it?

It's been some time since I last posted (my 10.7.3 build lasted more than 1/2 year!). I still have the original combo (i3-2105/GA-H67N-USB3-B3) and created custom UniBeast install of ML 10.8.1. Installation goes fine, and I am able to get into ML after all. THEN, I am using DSDT from post #2 (I am on F9 BIOS), and this where things get ugly - after applying the usual options (Custom DSDT/Audio/Network/Trim/MacMini) using latest MultiBeast 5.1.3, I am unable to boot properly - I am getting the "stop sign" after a while. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3H
CPU
core i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Good news/Bad news: Did one more clean install, this time Realtek Gigabit, still worked. So, must be the permissions thing.
Now to the bad news - applying 10.8.2 broke the install, getting the "stop sign"! Any thoughts please?

After writing this, did one more clean install, and it works! This is what I did different:
- Used Lnx2Mac's drivers instead of Realtek Gigabit;
- Used Disk utility to check/repair permissions (!!!);
I wonder if the last item did it?

Motherboard
gigabyte Z87X-D3H
CPU
Core I7 4771
Graphics
gtx 960
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
My system is running perfect h67n-usb3-b3 with 10.8.2 the only issue i have is my wifi (apple native in a mini pci-e adapter) it will stop working after a while, i have the same issue with a h61n-usb3. I don't know if it is because the mini pci-e adapter is plugged into a pci-e 16x (where the graphic card usually sits)

If i reboot card comes back to life (only to stop after a while)
Tried two different wifi card
They worked in other builds

Any help would be appreciated

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X / GA-H67N-USB3-B3
CPU
intel i7-10700 / intel i3-2105
Graphics
built in
Just updated mine, the exact customac mini build, usb3, i3, etc and so forth. 10.8.2, worked fine. I use one monitor, and my tv, just made sure i installed the 899 sound driver and used the f9-hdmi dsdt from the first post. Everything works perfectly.

I'm assuming you can't use an ivy bridge CPU with this motherboard... Anyone can confirm this? Though, it seems that it would only take a new cpu and motherboard and this would be the mini 2012.

Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
core2duo
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello guys,

I get "Still waiting for root device" while trying to boot new installed Lion on "CustoMac Mini 2011"-components.

I tried -x; UseKernelCache=No.
BIOS Settings are set like Tony's show at top Page of this Thread.

My HDD is an SATA on "blue" Port.

Please help :(

jwk

Motherboard
Z68X-UD5-B3
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
PNY Quadro 4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I finally got some extra time and began upgrading one of my CustoMac Mini 2011's (H67N-USB3-B3 w/F7 Bios) to Mountain Lion. Downloaded and installed 10.8.2 from the apple store w UniBeast 1.7.0. I used the F9 DSDT from post #2 in this thread. Ran MultiBeast 5.2.1 and made the modifications to the setup as shown in post #2 in this thread.

I have working video out from both HDMI's.

Audio shows no devices except my Logitech camera mic- I must have borked something when I did the install so I have to go back and re-read toleda's ML: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx a couple of times. Maybe I just need to change the Audio ID to '3' to get HD3000 HDMI audio, but I'm a little surprised I don't get any analog preferences, even if they're wrong because they get defaulted to layout ID 1. I also don't know if the MultiBeast DSDT installation is supposed to be done first, and then MultiBeast needs to be run a second time for MultiBeast to make edits to the DSDT. And maybe the problem is that I used the DSDT from post #2 which is already edited.

Questions:

1. What is the recommended network kext to install from MultiBeast for this board- Lnx-to-Mac or Realtek?

2. What is the recommended USB3 kext to install from MultiBeast for this board- CalDigit or LaCie? (BTW, the last I read about USB3 Drivers there were some issues with freeze-ups on very large file transfers, if that hasn't been resolved, I have a couple of Orico PFU3-4P USB3 cards w Fresco Logic 1100 controllers that have native support in Mountain Lion... maybe I'd be better off not installing a USB3 driver from Multibeast and installing an Orico card instead???

3. The DSDT in post #2... is this a DSDT from the latest batch of edits last year that was supposed to fix some sleep issues?

4. Does my BIOS ver have to match my installed DSDT? Current BIOS is F7 and the DSDT in post #2 is F9.

5. I installed the 3rd Party SATA drivers only... my boot drive shows up as an orange external drive... why is that? That wasn't the behavior for my Lion install on this board.

Once I get the answers to these questions sorted out, I'll be well along the way to having a completed system.

Thanks to everyone who posted about their installs in this thread, reading through them helped me a lot with me up to speed.

A few notes about my install... I had to start my UniBeast installer with GraphicsEnabler=No, otherwise the display would freeze before the installed got fully booted. I also had to do the same when booting into the newly installed drive... and then, I only had 1024 x 768 max resolution until I ran MultiBeast. Towards the end of the initial installation, the display turned completely gray with only a mouse cursor on it for quite some time while it was finishing up writing files. After it rebooted into the hard drive, the display came back. I don't remember any of this happening when I installed Lion.

One last thing... MultiBeast 5.2.1 no longer has 'System Utilities' option to repair permissions??? I used Disk Utility to repair them. Did I miss them somewhere?