Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
z0dac said:
Okay - just found out that HDMI is the problem. With DVI (on a PC monitor) it boots perfectly. But with HDMI - nothing. Since I wanna use the CustoMac mini on my TV as a MediaCenter, this sucks. What can I do? Will the HDMI Audio thing help?+

Greets
z0dac
Is 10.7.3 installed? Is your System Definition macmini5,1?

Thanks ... it was the System Definition. That was Mac Pro. I must have forgotten to select this when I used MultiBeast. 10.7.3 is installed ...

Now Graphics is working properly. However - something else came up ... when I put the Mac Mini to sleep, after waking it up, nothing came back on the screen. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Greets
z0dac

Is there going to be a DSDT for the F9 Bios? USB 3.0 is crap so far on this build.

Greetings to all thread members, I hope you can help me for a solution despite the fact I am an experienced hackintosh'er.

I also bought the GA-H61N-USB3 board (rev 1.0) using a Core i3-2125 (3.3GHz 2 cores/4 threads) with embedded HD 3000 and 8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz) from Kingston. Hooked it up on a monitor via DVI with USB keyboard/mouse.

I updated to the Gigabyte latest BIOS F7. Loaded the Optimized Defaults and changed the following:

1. HPET to 64-bit (with ACPI set to S3 mode)
2. SATA mode to AHCI
3. CPU Core Features > ALL ENABLED (as per Lnx2Mac's old post for optimal Gigabyte BIOS settings)
4. USB 3.0 Controller OFF (for the time being)
5. Init embedded display first, always enabled, frame-buffer set to 480MB of V-RAM as I have 8GB total (as per tonymacx86's post that I read somewhere)

After installing a clean 10.7.3 system directly, using a USB stick created with UniBeast 1.2.0, I added the following:

1. Chimera v1.9.1 latest bootloader
2. Lnx2Mac's Realtek v0.0.90 driver
3. MultiBeast's NEC driver for USB 3.0 controller
4. FakeSMC 3.1.0 and IntelThermal kexts
5. smbios.plist created via Chameleon Wizard for MacMini5,1 computer
6. DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F3.aml (for F3 though) from the database.

No other kexts like NullCPUPowerManagement or EvOreBoot etc. Just the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector to avoid orange drive icons.

I also updated/recompiled this DSDT with a couple of device-id strings, namely:

1. In IGD0 added:
Code:
/* New */       Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",
                            Buffer (0x04) {0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00},
                    //  "model",
                    //      Buffer (0x18) {"Intel HD Graphics 3000"},
                        "hda-gfx",
                            Buffer (0x0A) {"onboard-2"},
                        "device-id",
                            Buffer (0x04) {0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00}
                    }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
...otherwise my display card would not be detected and would only get basic resolution.

2. Also, on HDEF device, added:
Code:
/* New */       Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x08)
                    {
                        "layout-id",  // Layout 889 corresponds to 0x00000379
                            Buffer (0x04) {0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00},
                        "codec-id",  // Codec ALC889 corresponds to 0x10EC0889 (283904137)
                            Buffer (0x04) {0x89, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10},
                        "hda-gfx",
                            Buffer (0x0A) {"onboard-2"},
                        "PinConfigurations",
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                    }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
For my org.chameleon.Boot.plist settings, I selected:

EthernetBuiltIn=Yes (I still get DRM Status iTunes/App Store error on verbose boot)
GenerateCStates/GenerateCStates=Yes (otherwise I get _CST errors on verbose boot)
npci=0x2000 to override the PCI Configuration problem (on verbose boot)
RestartFix=Yes and UseKernelCache=Yes for obvious reasons
No GraphicsEnabled as I want to have the Intel HD 3000 used only.

Although I get on the desktop with some artifacts from time to time (my graphics has id 0x0112 and have to fake it as 0x0126) I cannot sleep or shutdown.

I have tried adding device parameters to EHC1 and EHC2 like the good old times (like "AAPL,current-available", "AAPL,current-extra", "AAPL,current-in-sleep" and "device_type" = "EHCI") but nothing works.

Shutdown closes the monitor, I get "CPU Halted" on verbose prior to screen shut-off, but the board remains ON and power LED, too. I have not bothered with sleep as I hope the shutdown fix could also affect sleep.

Finally, my idle temperatures (according to iStat Menus 3.21) is 49-51C which I find horrible, despite the stock Intel CPU fan (and open case!)

I would really appreciate your input and help as I have been battling with this for many hours...

Can anyone help with regards the shutdown problem and higher temperatures? How can I check if stepping works OK on Sandy Bridge and Lion? Any idea on optimal BIOS and Chimera settings, please?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: WARNING - WARNING - AVOID USING BIOS F7 ON GA-H61N-USB3! It caused me a lot of headaches and does not initialize the HD 3000 properly. I was forced to use an old PCI-Express card to enter the BIOS, despite clearing CMOS many times. I was able to revert to F4 and I got shutdown working, it seems.

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F7.dsl
    177.5 KB · Views: 93
konsti said:
Greetings to all thread members, I hope you can help me for a solution despite the fact I am an experienced hackintosh'er.

I also bought the GA-H61N-USB3 board (rev 1.0) using a Core i3-2125 (3.3GHz 2 cores/4 threads) with embedded HD 3000 and 8GB RAM (DDR3 1333MHz) from Kingston. Hooked it up on a monitor via DVI with USB keyboard/mouse.
If you are interested in validating your dsdt, download the H61N dsdt linked in the second post of this thread. It has the same capabilities you've added, as well, sleep/wake and shutdown work as expected. Regarding temps, is SpeedStep working?

I used exactly this DSDT (from the second post) - and everything works, except Sleep Mode. Shut Down is no issue, but the screen doesn't come back from sleep. I did not install HDMI Audio, because I don't need it. Is that the problem? Everything else is working perfectly. Please help me get sleep mode working...

Oh and btw ... i have BIOS F3 version of the H61N-USB3

Greets
z0dac

z0dac said:
I used exactly this DSDT (from the second post) - and everything works, except Sleep Mode. Shut Down is no issue, but the screen doesn't come back from sleep. I did not install HDMI Audio, because I don't need it. Is that the problem? Everything else is working perfectly. Please help me get sleep mode working...

Oh and btw ... i have BIOS F3 version of the H61N-USB3
Hello z0dac, I am sure others will agree that you "could" upgrade to F4 like myself. Remember to also test the option darkwake=0 in Chameleon Wizard, this is supposed to help the hackintosh wake up from sleep and turn the screen on (if I understood correctly when it was first implemented).

I did not comment on the progress of my own tests as I have left my own H61N-USB3 on the bench, no time to test these days... Hope this helped.

z0dac said:
I used exactly this DSDT (from the second post) - and everything works, except Sleep Mode. Shut Down is no issue, but the screen doesn't come back from sleep.
Known issue with Gigabyte Sandy Bridge motherboards. Two solutions:
1. Two clicks, one to wake the cpu and the second to wake the gpu. This is the method I use.
2. Use boot prompt: darkwake=0, MultiBeast/Kexts/Miscellaneous option. Result is one click to wake cpu and gpu.

OK, I must've become rusty on my skills - after 10.7.3 upgrade and usual MultiBeast - no sound to select at all. Does someone have a simple guide now for this build? I have a standard recommended configuration.
Thanks!

GinoDivx said:
OK, I must've become rusty on my skills - after 10.7.3 upgrade and usual MultiBeast - no sound to select at all. Does someone have a simple guide now for this build? I have a standard recommended configuration.
Thanks!
MultiBeast audio does not work for the CustoMac Mini. Install AppleHDA.kext from the link in the second post of this thread. For future reference, the current dsdt.aml and AppleHDA.kext is available in the second post of this thread after each Software Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back