Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xduo said:
The ASUS ML239H monitor's HDMI audio didn't work after upgrade to 10.7.3
DSDTSE/dsdt.aml/HDEF/layout-id is wrong. DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI may not have been installed properly. Suggest download DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI (post 2 of this thread), install and restart.

toleda said:
xduo said:
The ASUS ML239H monitor's HDMI audio didn't work after upgrade to 10.7.3
DSDTSE/dsdt.aml/HDEF/layout-id is wrong. DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI may not have been installed properly. Suggest download DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI (post 2 of this thread), install and restart.

Hi toleda,

I've follow this progress

* Download DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-EHCI-HDMI.aml and moved to Desktop, renamed to dsdt.aml
* Use MultiBeast 4.3.1 to install this (choose "UserDSDT Install" and "Mac mini")
* Restart

But doesn't work.

The md5sum of two files
bogon:~ duo$ md5 /Extra/DSDT.aml
MD5 (/Extra/DSDT.aml) = 619dbed0d88932411dfcb60a22583b9e
bogon:~ duo$ md5 ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml
MD5 (/Users/duo/Desktop/dsdt.aml) = 619dbed0d88932411dfcb60a22583b9e

The new IOReg result been attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-05 at 10.52.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-05 at 10.52.16 AM.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 150
  • duo_macmini_2.zip
    354.9 KB · Views: 63
Check my Sig below for how to create your own DSDT and give it a try. It's not that difficult.

xduo said:
The new IOReg result been attached
file.php

I've just realized right now that you haven't checked "System Utilities" in your screen shot. Have you tried it with that option enabled? Also additionally check "Extension Migration Tool" and give it another try, please.

For another thought, what Bios version does your board currently have installed? Is it F7, or the latest F8?

Last edited by a moderator:
toleda said:
xduo said:
But doesn't work.
Delete the audio enabler in S/L/E. The layout-id is still wrong.

@toleda @shibirian Thanks for your guys help!

After removed HDAEnabler889.kext from the S/L/E, it works :)

Hi All,

I build my CustoMac with the same board as in the guide. Performance wise I've got nothing to complain, it does the job it needs to do and that is to run Plex and Plexserver.

The only 2 problems I have is 1 small one and a big one.

The small problem is that I can't get the HDMI audio working. This is no real problem as I use the optical out, but I just don't understand why it doesn't work as I followed the guide as good as I could.

My second problem is a damned nerve wrecking one. Every now and then after the system has been running perfectly for a long time, I start it up or take it out of sleep and it has lost its network connection. it shows as connected, but comes up with its own ip address which is definitely not my network. I was once able to get it back by using multi beast and updating the network drivers, but even that doesn't work anymore!
Now the only option I have is to install everything again from scratch and I'm getting a bit tired of doing so. As the system is also used as my plex server hooked up to a NAS, every time I reinstall the system I need to update my library again from scratch and with only a 2.3Mbps internet connection it takes quite a while.

Does anybody know how I can get the network driver to start working again, or maybe I could totally remove the current driver (how would I do this?) and than run multi beast again??

I hope someone can help me out here!

bop319 said:
The only 2 problems I have is 1 small one and a big one.
Regarding HDMI audio, reply with a copy if IOReg. I use the Realtek (v2.06) option in MultiBeast and have no wake problems with internet. One trick, the installer installs AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext into S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext. I installed AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in S/L/E and no longer need to update networking after Software Updates.

My experiences with the artifacts:

Last night I did my first Sandy Bridge install, GA-H61N-USB3 (F3 BIOS) + i3-2105. RAM is a single 4GB chip. Using HD 3000 gfx. Used the following method:

- Got DSDT and Audio kext from this thread.
- Created 10.7.3 UniBeast installer with latest UniBeast
- Set BIOS settings to AHCI, 384MB+2MB gfx
- Installed System (GraphicsEnabler=No was necessary)
- Booted to new system, used MutliBeast to install DSDT, Ethernet next, 3rd party SATA, etc.
- Rebooted, used Kext Beast to install Audio kext
- Rebooted, and had full accelerated gfx and audio over HDMI and built-in.

Actually one of the easiest Hackintosh installs I've ever done (I've done some hard ones)

A few minutes in, my elation turned to horror as the green and black lines started dancing around my screen. Some googling turned up a pretty widespread issue with artifacts using HD 3000 gfx.

A quick check in BIOS revealed that Gigabyte defaults to using an accelerated video mode. I turned this off and so far, no more artifacts. Can't say for certain if this is "the fix" the the HD 3000 artifacts on this board, but so far so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back