Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bretski said:
Apex MI-008 Case Mods done for now

I did quite a bit of experimentation yesterday with different cooling mods, and have settled on a layout for the time being:

I flipped the PSU over, and cut a hole into the top of the case for the fan inlet. This has isolated the competing PSU and CPU fans. I also ended up putting a 80mm fan on the right side of the case, exhausting air. The fan is positioned to the rear of the case, lined-up with the existing ventilation holes. I used velcro to attach. The case fan is a bit noisier than I would like, owing to the turbulence from the vent holes.

Temperature-wise, I'm much happier now. As I type this, my HDD temp is bouncing between 36* and 38*C. CPU core temps have been between 38* and 43*C. Much better than before.

The only other thing on my todo list at this point is to get some AC filter foam to fashion dust filters. I will probably purchase a filter enclosure for the top fan inlet, as well, for dust control and aesthetics.

Hi
Wld you mind posting some pictures to see how it does looks like ?
Apparently, I do not have the same PSU as mine has 2 fans, on in the rear and one in the front of the PSU (so this one is really against the back of the DVD player) so I am afraid I can't flip PSU as you did.

Thanks

Mate94 said:
pechenie said:
Mate94 said:
And your KP's are rare with this sytem... without any screen from it, we can't do anything with it.
I can't quite get what you mean (sorry, english is not my native). I don't think you need a screenshot, because it is helpless (or not?). If you need logs or something, just tell me how to get them, and I'll post them.
Well, it's not helpless because in the KP always there the source of the error. I don't know name of it, but in the Applications -> Utililities, there's something that writes the errors and actions.
I can't find any records mentioning "kernel panic" or "panic" on Console, if you ment it.
Any more tips?

When you get again a kernel panic, take a picture about it and post here. :?

Is there a Tune up kit for the alternate CustoMac Mini Board ( GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0 F2 )

I've been trying to find some support for the board regarding HDMI Audio/ F3 Bios/ Sleep/ VGA. It seems that with the original CustoMac Mini Board no longer available there would be more post about the alternate board, but when I do a Search for GA-H61N-USB3 I really don't find much.. beside my post and BoomR... are we on our own? Please help.

I was wondering: I have the Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0 F2 Bios with Lion 10.7.2 App Store Purchase Using Unibeast1.0 and MultiBeast 4.2.1 Lion almost everything seems to work now after 3 frustrating days of " Memory allocation DeadBeef error 381. ( Note to everyone that's using this board... if using a monitor higher then 1920x1080 via HDMI or DVI you might get this error. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39074)

I have a few Question and seeking some advice..

Q- Is the link to the DSDT file for (GA-H61N-USB3 F2 With HDMI AUDIO) is it broken or just not updated yet. DSDT/Database/DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F2-HDMI.aml

Q- Is the F3 DSDT file for this board pre-edited for Working HDMI Audio? and VGA ? I'm on the F2 bios and don't have HDMI Audio working and this thread (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... -3000.html ) seem it's just for the and a bit hesitant to move to the F3 bio ( I've heard things could go bad if I if don't flash my bios correctly)

Q- What would be the optimal BIOS settings for this board with a core i5 2500k?

Hey Tony,
I just recently built this customac mini but i used a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard. Everything is going fine except i cant log into the app store :cry: Wheni try to i just give me an error message that says Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance. I assume that this is something to do with the build that i have chosen because i never get this error on any of my other hackintoshes. Maybe it because i have to connect through Ethernet but i am not sure. This is frustrating me very much :banghead: and i did everything i was supposed to i ran update helper and everything. please let me know if you know how to fix this because i amlosing my sanity by the minute. my build includes Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard, intel core i3-2105 processor with intel hd graphics 3000, 8gb Corsair ram installed. Again please let me know ASAP :beachball:,
Thanks

xelac said:
Hey Tony,
I just recently built this customac mini but i used a Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard. Everything is going fine except i cant log into the app store :cry: Wheni try to i just give me an error message that says Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance. I assume that this is something to do with the build that i have chosen because i never get this error on any of my other hackintoshes. Maybe it because i have to connect through Ethernet but i am not sure. This is frustrating me very much :banghead: and i did everything i was supposed to i ran update helper and everything. please let me know if you know how to fix this because i amlosing my sanity by the minute. my build includes Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard, intel core i3-2105 processor with intel hd graphics 3000, 8gb Corsair ram installed. Again please let me know ASAP :beachball:,
Thanks

Search function is very useful...

xelac said:
Hey Tony,
Thanks

I think you have to remove PCIRootUID=0 flag from /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Or if you don't have it there try to add PCIRootUID=1.

mutron said:
jamirou said:
xelac said:
Hey Tony,
Thanks

I think you have to remove PCIRootUID=0 flag from /extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Or if you don't have it there try to add PCIRootUID=1.

i have the same build and same problem, this is my org.chamelion

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

should i modify it?

Im not sure but you can try with
<string>arch=i386 npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=1</string>

And if you're caught without booting to system just start with flag: GraphicEnabler=No and modify if back to normal. Are you using DSDT?

I dodged a bullet with the Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 mobo!!!

I ordered it as it was one of the alternative recommended builds
but luckily cancelled it before they sent it;
But only after reading all the people with problems with this board on these forums....

I wish if Tony mac was going to recommend it there would be a bit better support :eek: .

colemanuk said:
I dodged a bullet with the Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 mobo!!!

I ordered it as it was one of the alternative recommended builds
but luckily cancelled it before they sent it;
But only after reading all the people with problems with this board on these forums....

I wish if Tony mac was going to recommend it there would be a bit better support :eek: .
What issues are you referring to? There is nothing wrong with the H61N-USB3 motherboard. At the price point, it offers excellent value. The recommendation is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back