Contribute
Register

Official Customac builds DSDT or Multibeast settings page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
4 GHz Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I built one of the approved customac builds, but I'm stuck at the post install.

It seems like if it's an "official" thing, there should be an "official", complete how to guide.

For instance, I built the "specialized high-end build [featuring] a mSATA". Though I opted not to get the mSATA yet, and went for the less expensive 6850 Radeon.

My clean install was from a 10.6.3 install disc. I have the 10.6.8 combo ready, but the sandy bridge page says to do multibeast first. I don't know the correct settings for multibeast and I can't find them. I'd say it was aptly named as it's just a huge list of checkboxes! Every time I click a link to a page, it leads me to another link on either a different page with more links... or to a page I've already been to! :banghead:

Other problems I've encountered are one page saying one thing, another page saying something different for the same problem.

or How about the Gigabyte 6850 being listed as working, but it's not listed on the Graphics Card DB...

I really hope someone can help me out...

Thanks in advance!

There is no detailed "How-To" for MultiBeast because everyone's board is different and requires different things. You need to expand every choice in the list to see what is in each folder just like in finder.
Only select (click in a box to put a check there) the things your board needs.
At the top of the forum page under the Apple and tonymacx86.com there are some labeled blue radio buttons. Put your pointer on the one by resources and it drops down a menu of links. If you need a DSDT, just move your pointer down to the DSDT Database and click on it.

At the beginning, if you have already downloaded a DSDT and have it on your Desktop, select User DSDT and system utilities. Look at the box at the bottom of the MultiBeast window and you will find an explanation of what is loaded and where it goes as you select each item. When you instal UseDSDT, it gets you the basic stuff you need to be able to boot your build independent of CD or USB bootloaders. You still need to install audio and network kext files, but you need to select the ones that will work with your board.

I have the same board as yours. I attach a screenshot of Multibeast options I used (the checked items say "Upgrade" rather than "Install", because they would be repeats of what I've already done).

Installing UserDSDT with an appropriate DSDT.aml should enable most of the core functions. DSDTs for this MB are available up to F6 BIOS in this site's DSDT Database. Download one for your BIOS, place it on your Desktop and rename it as DSDT.aml before running Multibeast.

System Utilities perform necessary cache rebuilding and permissions repair at the end of the Multibeast install.

ALC8XXHDA and AppleHDA Rollback enable on-board audio.

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector is for showing internal non-system drives as internal. Without this they show up as if they were attached external drives. (Not sure if this affects core functionality, but it certainly makes Finder less confusing.)

For Network, you can install either Lnx2Mac's or Realtek's driver. I had to use the latter, because I have software whose license manager needs to see the MAC address of the ethernet interface; and that only works with Realtek's driver. Either will do fine, I think, for enabling ethernet connection.

Attachments

• Multibeast_Screenshot.tiff
    92.1 KB · Views: 285
Going Bald said:
There is no detailed "How-To" for MultiBeast because everyone's board is different and requires different things.

I'm not sure if you read my post... as I stated, I built on the customac builds on the customac page of this site.

There are only 4 builds, with a total of 5 boards. This is my point. It seems an official build would have ALL of the necessary files included. My board is not different, it's one that tonymac specifically chose as an official build. That's all I'm saying.

I understand if you want to go off and do your own thing and figure it all out, but then you wouldn't be going the customac route.

As for me "putting my pointer" on the resources link, yeah I've done that. I downloaded the dsdt for my motherboard and now my system won't boot.

Is there a way to "undo" that dsdt? or to reinstall the original when I can't even boot into OS X?

Akubichan said:
DSDTs for this MB are available up to F6 BIOS in this site's DSDT Database.

Arg! I wish I had talked to you earlier. I though I downloaded the correct DSDT, but my OS X won't boot up. The board says the number in the corner of the board is what version it is. Mine says 1 so I assumed my BIOS is F1. Is that wrong? Is there a way to find my BIOS version on the initial start up?

Thanks! BTW AWESOME AVATAR. I didn't think anyone knew about Hakushon Daimao!

Pigumon said:
I though I downloaded the correct DSDT, but my OS X won't boot up. The board says the number in the corner of the board is what version it is. Mine says 1 so I assumed my BIOS is F1. Is that wrong? Is there a way to find my BIOS version on the initial start up?

You should be able to see it on the boot-up screen; if you disable the full screen logo, it's on the upper left corner when the system starts up (third line from the top, I think).

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend you upgrade your BIOS to F6 and use the corresponding DSDT. You can download it from Gigabyte's web site. Can you still boot into your system with iBoot? You can then upgrade DSDT to F6 by placing the F6 one on your desktop as DSDT.aml and choosing UserDSDT and System Utilities in Multibeast.

Pigumon said:
Thanks! BTW AWESOME AVATAR. I didn't think anyone knew about Hakushon Daimao!

:) Tonymac said "cute avatars only" so... (of course Pigumon's cute too) :thumbup:

IF YOUR SYSTEM WONT BOOT UP THEN JUST START INTO SAFE MODE BY TYPING ( -X ) BUT MAKE SURE YOU BOOT UP FROM YOUR PREMADE UNIBEAST USB HDD, IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE HERE :lol: I HAVE YOUR SAME SET UP ONLY A DIFFERENT GPU, ANYWAYS IM RE-INSTALLING LION AGAIN :headbang:

UGGGHH JUST FOUND MY BIOS VERSION IS F8. FIND IT BY GOING TO THE BIOS AND TYPE F9 ,, I HAVE TO DOWNGRADE MY BIOS IN ORDER TO GET A DSDT :banghead:

Wow cool. I see so the current DSDT is at F6, so no updating to F8 for now.

Does it matter which version of Snow Leopard I have?

Or Should I just go ahead and buy Lion, is either one working better on a Hackintosh?

I'll try the doing the bios and pressing F9... Ok i'm confused about booting from the usb in safe mode. but I'll try typing -x

I just reinstalled Snow Leopard for the third time!!

yeah i just finished downloading bios f6 from gigabyte website i flashed my bios from f8 to f6 from a usb drive, go into the bios and do a bios flash to downgrade from f8 to f6. and i would recommend you get lion thou. dont install leopard its just a waste of time,

well its pretty easy dont get too confused :lol: im guessing your booting from the unibeast usb drive and followed tonymac guide to install lion so when you see the black screen you go to lion icon and just hit -x then hit enter and it should boot up into safe mode from ur harddrive not from the usb :clap: it works everytime for me cuz for some reason it wont let me boot normal :banghead: but im gussing cuz of my graphics card. :D

Well I haven't tried Lion, because I only own SL, but I guess I can come up with $30.

It seems like the Lion setup is more streamlined and has a better tutorial, but more importantly YOU have done it and are helpful.

I haven't had time this week, but should be ready to try at the end of the week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back