MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.
Hope you're all doing great.

I'm going to university this year and therefore I need or rather just want a new machine. :)
I already read like 100 different threads about compatibility-checks and stuff, especially about the handoff/continiuity problems.
So I put together a small rig on partpicker and just wanted to hear your thoughts.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

I try to go as silent as possible, that's why I went SSD-only.
I also want to be able to dual boot my system with elcapitan/(Sierra in the future) and Win10.
So my questions are:
Are the parts alright? What do you think?
Is it possible to get continiuity and handoff to work with this Motherboard/m.2 Card?
Is it possible to install Windows 10 seperatly on another SSD and get good performance (gaming)?
Do you guys think that the features of macOS Sierra (Synced Desktop, copy and paste, Siri, iMessage...) will work right away after it released? :)

I am excited to hear your opinions/thought.
I wish you all a nice end of the week.

Tim

Hey! Nice build! All the parts are compatible and should work with OSX. You can install w10 on another ssd if you want to but i would recommend you to use the 500gb ssd for the os (or two different drives if you need more space) and use a HDD for storage.

Hey Basement,

I'm putting together an almost identical build, except that I'll be installing the MacOS on an M.2 drive, and Win10 on an SSD (games only), with a separate SSD for Mac storage.

My plan is to get comfy with El Capitan first, and let Sierra age for a few months before upgrading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back