Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a fairly recent build, OC 0.6.5, Catalina 10.15.7 and currently having some kind of keyboard layout issues. My system keyboard layout is set to scandic (Finnish) and it’s the only one installed. In some programs everything is fine but in others the keyboard is working as it’s being forced into a US layout, even the system layout isn’t changing but stays the same. I have the problem with programs like Ableton Live 10 and iZotope RX7, and working in Safari, Notepad, installers etc. Is there something I could try? The keyboard I’m using is an older Apple wireless mechanical keyboard (the one with transparent sides). As a newbies, I thought this could have been related to the keyboard setting under NVRAM in config.plist. Was originally blank, changes the setting from value to string and put in ’FI’, unfortunaltely this did not help. (prev-lang:kbd: <fi>)

My hw is:
Asus Rod Strix Z490-f gaming
i9 10850k
Asus RX 580 dual oc 8G

Used an EFI found on GitHub with almost identical specs to mine.

Thanks! :)

Go to System Parameters > Keyboard > Input Sources and confirm you have Finish and one of these three options selected.

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 20.37.20.png Keyboard > Input Sources - Finish options.

There is no Scandic option in macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

This is a list of the 'S' country/locality keyboard layouts:

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 20.40.44.png No Scandic option for a keyboard layout.

Yes, it’s set to Finnish. :)
My system keyboard layout is set to scandic (Finnish) and it’s the only one installed.

Do you think I should add the other two as well, currenly have only Finnish there.

I doubt the issue is related to the keyboard you are using. It is more likely to be down to the language preferences in the Ableton Live 10 and other applications. You need to check and ensure they are set to follow the system language/keyboard settings.

I doubt the issue is related to the keyboard you are using. It is more likely to be down to the language preferences in the Ableton Live 10 and other applications. You need to check and ensure they are set to follow the system language/keyboard settings.
As far as I know there are no language settings in Ableton Live or RX7 but will check those in more detail if I can find something.

Thanks for the help so far! :)

Looks like I might have got it solved! :thumbup: I replaced the Finnish layout to US layout, booted and changed it to Finnish (extended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back