1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone. Just completed my Catalina mackintosh build. Everything works great apart from one small issue. When booting the system, it starts to a black screen when using the separate GPU. In order to get a video signal I have to first allow the system to sleep. Once it wakes up everything functions normally and I get full Metal support. I'm not sure why this happens as the sleep and wake function works perfectly fine after that, as does everything else including iMessage, FaceTime etc. I've tried changing the recommended settings around in the BIOS as well the config.plist but have had no luck getting this resolved. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Core i7 2600k
Asus P8H67-M Pro/CSM
24GB DDR3
MSI RX 580 8GB

Are you using either of the following:

The RadeonDeInit=true option in your /CLOVER/config.plist - Graphics section in the config.plist.

or

The SSDT-RadeonDeInit.aml in your /OC/ACPI folder and config.plist

You need to using one or the other with an RX580 dGPU.

Hey everyone. Just completed my Catalina mackintosh build. Everything works great apart from one small issue. When booting the system, it starts to a black screen when using the separate GPU. In order to get a video signal I have to first allow the system to sleep. Once it wakes up everything functions normally and I get full Metal support. I'm not sure why this happens as the sleep and wake function works perfectly fine after that, as does everything else including iMessage, FaceTime etc. I've tried changing the recommended settings around in the BIOS as well the config.plist but have had no luck getting this resolved. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Core i7 2600k
Asus P8H67-M Pro/CSM
24GB DDR3
MSI RX 580 8GB
I have the same hardware, can you send me the steps to your install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back