Intel integrated graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone,
I've searched a lot for this but just haven't found a solid answer. I was wondering if you can use a OCZ RevoDrive (Which if you didn't know already is a PCI SSD) with a Hackintosh build? And yes, I would install OS X on that drive. Would you get the speeds that your suppose to? Would it be a easy to install or would there be a ton of work-a-rounds? Would it be worth it or should I just go with a Samsung 830? Also I deal with large HD video files that take a long time to R/W so I need speed.

Heres the link the the SSD if you want it - http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-RevoDrive-Express-Solid-State/dp/B005F30IYU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345508647&sr=1-3&keywords=ocz+revodrive

Attachments

• 61oaBw12F-L._AA1093_.jpg
    61oaBw12F-L._AA1093_.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 390
I think that it would be hard because I don't think Os x has official support any PCI SSD yet I think that their is a possibility that they will make it more compatible in future

Okay, I think I'll stay with the Samsung 830 for now and if I wan't more speed in the future I'll just buy another and put it in RAID.

It looks like the OWC SSD for the macbook pro is PCI interface
Certainly doesn't look anything like SATA.

I am currently running Mavericks from Revodrive 120GB.
This is how I did it:
First i installed Mavericks on my SATA SSD;
Then I downloaded the Revodrive drivers for OSX ( http://www.drivers-download.com/en/downloadlist.php?id=72 );
Once Revodrive was mounted, I used SuperDuper to clone my SSD to it;
For the system to boot normally, don't forget to install a bootloader on Revodrive ( I used Chimera ) - it can be done from SuperDuper menu, install package after cloning is complete;
Change your boot order in BIOS;
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to install OSX directly on Revodrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back