Contribute
Register

OCZ OCTANE SSD corruption only with 10.6 and 10.8 NOT 10.7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the input.
For the moment I am sticking with ML 10.7.4 - I can't see any major reason to upgrade given the relatively small changes/improvements in 10.8 and I would have to spend some considerable time re-installing and authorising a lot of my audio software and plugins - my HACK is a DAW!!!

I'm glad others appear to have found the firmware upgrade fixes ML compatibility.... yes?

Best to all.

Ok, despite saying I wasn't going to bother, having done a Carbon Copy image of my stable 10.7.4 system, I took another look at 10.8 on the Octane S2.
It still sucks.

The firmware update has made ZERO difference for me. Still corruption after second boot.

Clearly, OCZ SSDs leave a lot to be desired - it is my first SSD in general and my last OCZ SSD, period.

There are revised instructions to use the OCZ Toolbox app instead of the Firmware Update app within the bootable usb tools... only the former app sees the latest firmware apparently.

Thanks - I used a Windows machine running the OCZ Toolbox app - it certainly detected a firmware update (and this is a recent update because did another interim update only about a month ago).
I did re-partition and a clean install of ML and still had the exact same problem.

Have you got ML working on your Octane 2 then?

Is there a way to upgrade the firmware?? The live linux update tool still show 3.15! I think the MAC toolbox doesn't boot on hackintosh. Right?

My Octane is working, but I'm still using the workaround (removing BootCache.kext from the /System/Extensions/ folder). I haven't tried updating yet, so I don't know if the Linux tools work the same as the Mac ones (or if the Mac ones work on a hackintosh).

Here is the thread with feedback on the firmware update. For Octane drives, the firmware that should work is 1.14.1. If you currently have anything less than 1.14, it looks like the bootable tools first upgrade the drive to 1.14, then you have to run them again to get to 1.14.1. For Petrol drives, the proper firmware appears to be 3.15.1.

Hi Guys I have the same problem, I found that using Safe Mode boot also gets you into ML (10.8.2). Otherwise, IOSuperDevice: [FATAL] { don't remember } then lots of IO errors going on forever (i tried 8minutes)

Did you update the firmware to the version specified in my last post? That fixes the issue, at least for me. I've been running fine for months without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back