Contribute
Register

October 18th 2021 Apple Event: M1 Pro/Max MacBook Pros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple's trade-in for my 2020 13" MacBook Pro (4 Thunderbolt ports) is $780, but because this is the last of the Touch Bar laptops, I decided to hold on to it. Should be fun to run side-by-side benchmarks...

P.S. Before the avalanche begins, I will say once and for all, I don't mind the notch at all.
I'll take the notch if I get Promotion on the Mac! I had a feeling promotion was coming, since the Monterey beta enabled 'Variable Refresh Rate' on my 6800XT.

Intel MacBook Pro's are officially dead as they are no longer seen on the Apple website.

The only Intel machines left are the mini and Mac Pro.

Death of the Intel MBP o_O:lolno::O

I'll take the notch if I get Promotion on the Mac! I had a feeling promotion was coming, since the Monterey beta enabled 'Variable Refresh Rate' on my 6800XT.
The rumors were surprisingly spot on. Even the last minute notch came true. But no Mac mini, which is typical for Apple because it forces all of us to spend soooooo much more money on the more expensive toy instead.

Apple's trade-in for my 2020 13" MacBook Pro (4 Thunderbolt ports) is $780, but because this is the last of the Touch Bar laptops, I decided to hold on to it. Should be fun to run side-by-side benchmarks...

P.S. Before the avalanche begins, I will say once and for all, I don't mind the notch at all.
Might as well. It can also run Windows natively lol, should you be inclined to do so. I actually like the Touch Bar, too bad it didn't work out. But I'll be fine with just function keys.

I didn't hear a mention anywhere of M1 Pro and Max. Apple kept that secret.
We also didn't hear about the various configurations of the M1 Pro and Max. Like where'd the 24-core GPU option come from?

don't know how PC vendors like Asus, etc. will keep up with Apple. Apple made a very good point about how performance on many of the gaming laptops drop off significantly when on battery power. Probably they'll just have to settle for being second best. Apple is gunning for Intel, AMD, and nVidia all in one package known as M1 Max.

I didn't hear a mention anywhere of M1 Pro and Max. Apple kept that secret.

We also didn't hear about the various configurations of the M1 Pro and Max. Like where'd the 24-core GPU option come from?

don't know how PC vendors like Asus, etc. will keep up with Apple. Apple made a very good point about how performance on many of the gaming laptops drop off significantly when on battery power. Probably they'll just have to settle for being second best. Apple is gunning for Intel, AMD, and nVidia all in one package known as M1 Max.
M1 Pro and M1 Max were rumored at least as early as yesterday:

Intel MacBook Pro's are officially dead as they are no longer seen on the Apple website.

The only Intel machines left are the mini and Mac Pro.
21.5-inch (?) and 27-inch iMac with Intel Core models are still available.

Bit late to the party all, but I'm just scanning through the UK Apple Mac on-line store ...

Actually no Intel i3 Mac Minis any more, only the i5's have survived the cull.

A bit of an oddity - I can see the 24" M1 iMacs and the 27" Intel ones, but within the 27" i7's they also list a lone 2.3GHz dual-core Intel 21.5" model too, tucked away. Perhaps they have too many left in stock because no-one wanted one?

:)

21.5-inch (?) and 27-inch iMac with Intel Core models are still available.

I forgot to check the iMac as I would never buy.

I do own the last Intel mini and 16" MBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back