CPU
i9-12900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm having trouble booting my Monterey install USB, I get to OC menu but upon selecting the Install Monterey (external) option the process ends up hanging at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. Attached are the EFI and latest boot log. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
  • opencore-2021-12-28-024402.txt
    256 KB · Views: 33
The log shows that everything under Booter->Quirks is disabled, which is the main cause of getting stuck at ExitBS.

Code:
13:555 00:093 OCABC: ALRBL 0 RTDFRG 0 DEVMMIO 0 NOSU 0 NOVRWR 0 NOSB 0 FBSIG 0 NOHBMAP 0 SMSLIDE 0 WRUNPROT 0
13:649 00:093 OCABC: FEXITBS 0 PRMRG 0 CSLIDE 0 MSLIDE 0 PRSRV 0 RBMAP 0 VMAP 0 APPLOS 0 RTPERMS 0 ARBAR -1

Looking at your config.plist, it looks like you accidently dragged the Booter section to be under ACPI->Add->2 (The entry for the third SSDT being loaded). If you drag it out to the root level using ProperTree or another Plist editer, you should be good. If your having trouble, you can compare it with the sample.plist to see where Booter should be.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the quick response. I modified the config.plist using ProperTree and the boot screen now moves past the ExitBS error, however the process now hangs right after a "[PCI configuration end, bridges 17, devices 15 ]" line (in the photo the last line is about SuperIO sensors, but I got the same problem with a different last line, about IntelMausi => getResources() - not recorded - also right after the PCI configuration end one). The boot log file is showing the ExitBS error though.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 63
  • opencore-2021-12-28-135201.txt
    256 KB · Views: 31
  • OC_boot_screen.jpg
    OC_boot_screen.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
Bump. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back